Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Injury news and updates

Thread to keep track of the team's injuries this year.

Already out: Kesler (indefinite), Booth (4-6 weeks, groin).
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Let's hope these are all the injuries we get....
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Read a couple days ago that Kesler will begin skating with the team in 7-10 days and it sounds like Kesler could be back really soon.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    keith ballard news:

#Canucks Ballard has played first 2 games with burst blood vessel in eye. Says no pain/vision issue. But it looks scary
    https://twitter.com/patersonjeff/sta...97424707211264

#3in5

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Get him off the roster, why hasn't this clutz been bought out yet. The most overrated overpaid #6 defensemen in hockey. Kevin Cannauton and Chris Tanev skate circles around this cluster-****.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Hip surgery for Lack. Out 6 months.

#3in5

<3

vCash
    Kesler and Booth update:

A couple one-timer slap shots from Kesler set up by Booth... Both seem to be making some big strides..
    https://twitter.com/blakeprice1040/s...00509646643200

#3in5

<3

vCash
    Kesler will travel with #canucks Says he still has a ways to go but feels comfortable and was excited to skate w/team.
    https://twitter.com/sportsnetmurph/s...45112393916416

#3in5

<3

vCash
    RT @mattsekeres: Our friend @DTeam1040 thinks Ryan Kesler could return as early as Saturday. Looked great at practice today according to DT
    https://twitter.com/TEAM1040/status/299261814003347457

Dave Tomlinson is Dteam1040..

Hopefully he's wrong. Kesler should stay out for a long time.

#3in5

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    https://twitter.com/TEAM1040/status/299261814003347457

Dave Tomlinson is Dteam1040..

Hopefully he's wrong. Kesler should stay out for a long time.
    I've been hearing this starting last weekend. They felt that there were 2-3 well spaced apart games during which he could get some solid practice time in with the club. The word was that Saturday might be the first game back for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    I've been hearing this starting last weekend. They felt that there were 2-3 well spaced apart games during which he could get some solid practice time in with the club. The word was that Saturday might be the first game back for him.
    Sounds like Kesler will be out longer than Saturday:
    ST. PAUL, Minn. — Ryan Kesler didn’t sound like he’s close to returning to the lineup.

As much as Alain Vigneault marvelled at how good the Vancouver Canucks centre looked Wednesday in his second practice after being medically cleared for light contact following offseason left shoulder and wrist surgeries, the former Selke Trophy winner offered a more reserved assessment.

“I’ve had a couple of good days of practice and I’m just going from there,” said Kesler. “There are areas out there where I don’t feel comfortable, so there’s no timeline at all. Until I feel that comfort level and feel I can step in and contribute the way I can, I’ll be playing then.

“The wrist gets achy once in a while, but nothing out of the ordinary. The shoulder is the biggest thing. I have to make sure it’s 100 per cent and the range of motion is there, but strength isn’t there at all. Once we get home, I’m really going to hammer that and take it day by day.”

Last season, Kesler was cleared for light contact after summer surgery to repair a torn labrum in his hip and he returned to the lineup in just 14 days. He laboured through a season and struggled to score 22 goals before having the shoulder surgery May 8 and the wrist procedure June 27.

“I made the mistake before and I won’t make it again,” he stressed.

Vigneault seemed more hopeful, although he understands Kesler has yet to be medically cleared to play.

“To me, he looks real good on the ice and doing everything out there that a players can possibly do,” said the Canucks coach. “I’m not sure exactly where they are on the medical side. I don’t get involved until a player comes to me and the medical staff has cleared him to play. I don’t know what to tell you. On the ice, it doesn’t look like baby steps. It looks like leaps and bounds.”
    http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/02...-there-at-all/

#3in5

<3

vCash
    “To me, he looks real good on the ice and doing everything out there that a players can possibly do,” said the Canucks coach. “I’m not sure exactly where they are on the medical side. I don’t get involved until a player comes to me and the medical staff has cleared him to play. I don’t know what to tell you. On the ice, it doesn’t look like baby steps. It looks like leaps and bounds.”
    AV makes me laugh sometimes.

No wonder Kesler is able to do all those things. His legs are fine!! lol.

He has a shoulder and wrist injury.

vCash
    Unfortunate news he may be out a bit longer than expected, but the good news is that he's not rushing back and he'll be 100% when he does return. Completely healthy for the playoffs - Bonus!

vCash
    If we can keep playing well, for precautionary reasons I would keep Kesler out until the end of the month, even if he is cleared to play sooner. This way he will have plenty of playing time to prepare for the playoffs (assuming we make it) but will also get even healthier, and cut down risk of re-injury.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    AV makes me laugh sometimes.

No wonder Kesler is able to do all those things. His legs are fine!! lol.

He has a shoulder and wrist injury.
    Not the first time AV and a player have been in disagreement regarding a players injury.

#3in5

<3

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast