Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 63
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gentrified Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,354
    vCash
    1500
    This stuff happens all the time. its all Circumstantial...

    athletes need to be smarter about this stuff and just pay for sex.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Greenwich, CT / UCONN
    Posts
    6,779
    vCash
    1500

    S

    He's going to be fine, majority of sexual assault cases don't reach the prosecutor. A reported of 37% percent (or somewhere around there reach that level) and only around 17 percent get convicted. I'm researching this because I'm trying to become a detective so I know. The prosecutor will only take cases he can win and unless they can get Crabtree lying this case won't get any further. It is almost impossible to prove rape or sexual assault if there are no marks or evidence. Since this is so hard to prove and since Crabtree is an athlete with a good lawyer on his side he looks to be in the clear. But if somehow he lied this case will likely go to court. And if it gets to that he will most likely settle out of court because there are some women that make cases like these up. Especially if you're an athlete. And with the money he has it's almost hard to say the women won't accept the settlement.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    5,207
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    Crabtree could actually rape her and walk away clean, and then most of the fans will forget about how much of a sick scumbag he is as a person because they enjoy watching him play a sport...

    pitiful.
    Yeah that's how it worked for big Ben, right?

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Duluth, GA
    Posts
    3,328
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bda28 View Post
    Yeah that's how it worked for big Ben, right?
    Actually, the way it worked for him was, he got branded with a scarlet letter 'R' anyway, even though all the forensic manpower and resources in the world couldn't even find one billionth of one gram of his genetic code anywhere with which to even form a case against him.

    Since the precedent has been set, though, Michael Crabtree is guilty until proven innocent, remains guilty even if a case can't be formed against him, and must serve a six-game suspension with an option for parole after four games. PROTECT THE SHIELD, ROGE!!!

    Now if there really is enough evidence to indict him, then all bets are off.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

    -Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Definitely somewhere
    Posts
    14,572
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    This stuff happens all the time. its all Circumstantial...

    athletes need to be smarter about this stuff and just pay for sex.
    Like my main man Harden droppin 20G's for some Shea butttter

    Quote Originally Posted by MDfootball36 View Post
    He's going to be fine, majority of sexual assault cases don't reach the prosecutor. A reported of 37% percent (or somewhere around there reach that level) and only around 17 percent get convicted. I'm researching this because I'm trying to become a detective so I know. The prosecutor will only take cases he can win and unless they can get Crabtree lying this case won't get any further. It is almost impossible to prove rape or sexual assault if there are no marks or evidence. Since this is so hard to prove and since Crabtree is an athlete with a good lawyer on his side he looks to be in the clear. But if somehow he lied this case will likely go to court. And if it gets to that he will most likely settle out of court because there are some women that make cases like these up. Especially if you're an athlete. And with the money he has it's almost hard to say the women won't accept the settlement.
    MD ace detective!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    16,009
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HaruSoul View Post
    "The investigation is being handled by the department's special victims unit."

    Don't think they would get a special victims unit for a *** grab.
    Well as Law and Order has taught me, the SVU are called in for sexual assaults, but that term itself can be really misconstrued as to what actually happened. Not saying he didn't do anything, but if someone is trying to get a payout from a rich athlete they can cry sexual assault over some pretty tame stuff considering.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,546
    vCash
    1500
    He will throw some cash at her and it will go away.

    How dare other people get Crabtree in trouble.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    43,579
    vCash
    500
    Geez.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

    To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,902
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Actually, the way it worked for him was, he got branded with a scarlet letter 'R' anyway, even though all the forensic manpower and resources in the world couldn't even find one billionth of one gram of his genetic code anywhere with which to even form a case against him.

    Since the precedent has been set, though, Michael Crabtree is guilty until proven innocent, remains guilty even if a case can't be formed against him, and must serve a six-game suspension with an option for parole after four games. PROTECT THE SHIELD, ROGE!!!

    Now if there really is enough evidence to indict him, then all bets are off.
    Maybe you should go rewatch the DA's press conference on the Big Ben matter. Probably not as inocent as u make it sound. You're a sad person.
    Eat Lobster

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Duluth, GA
    Posts
    3,328
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lobster View Post
    Maybe you should go rewatch the DA's press conference on the Big Ben matter. Probably not as inocent as u make it sound. You're a sad person.
    No need; I have the transcript already. Here are a few highlights...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Bright, Ocmulgee DA
    The crime that was being investigated was rape. Under our official code, section 16-6-1, the elements of rape are having carnal knowledge – that means having sexual intercourse, which requires penetration – of a female forcibly and against her will. In this judicial circuit, we have always strongly held that a woman has a right to be safe from attack, but every case must be viewed in the context of its circumstances. Here, the overall circumstances do not lead to a viable prosecution. If they did, I would pursue it vigorously. We are not condoning Mr. Roethlisberger’s actions that night, but we do not prosecute morals, we prosecute crimes.

    ...

    ...if I were on the jury, I’d say ‘Nice try Mr. Prosecutor, but based on this evidence ... you don’t have it here. You didn’t prove the crime of rape beyond a reasonable doubt.’ I would not even convict the defendant.

    ...

    Everybody, I think, could be criticized for their actions that night. I hate to use this pun but I’m not trying to be a Monday morning quarterback. But there was too much drinking going on.

    ...

    I’m not aware of any money or any payoffs or any civil cases.
    Similarly, I'm not debating the morality of his actions. I wanted to slug him when I found out what his idea of a good time was. I'm debating the criminality of his actions, and there is no proof that his actions were criminal. Lots of people can't handle or accept that, but that's not my problem, not Roethlisberger's problem, and not the DA's problem either. The DA himself, who was privy to all the information in the case, said he wouldn't even convict him. The fact that so many people who don't know all the facts would illustrates a lack of understanding on their part of how criminal court is supposed to work.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

    -Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    anywhere USA
    Posts
    3,092
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    No need; I have the transcript already. Here are a few highlights...



    Similarly, I'm not debating the morality of his actions. I wanted to slug him when I found out what his idea of a good time was. I'm debating the criminality of his actions, and there is no proof that his actions were criminal. Lots of people can't handle or accept that, but that's not my problem, not Roethlisberger's problem, and not the DA's problem either. The DA himself, who was privy to all the information in the case, said he wouldn't even convict him. The fact that so many people who don't know all the facts would illustrates a lack of understanding on their part of how criminal court is supposed to work.
    What are the odds of being falsely accused of rape twice in a year.

    Please do not let your steelers blinders take effect. To believe he is completely innocent really shows you are naive

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Posts
    64,375
    vCash
    500
    If they already let him travel to Atlanta, it's probably not going to be a huge deal.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Posts
    9,947
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MDfootball36 View Post
    He's going to be fine, majority of sexual assault cases don't reach the prosecutor. A reported of 37% percent (or somewhere around there reach that level) and only around 17 percent get convicted. I'm researching this because I'm trying to become a detective so I know. The prosecutor will only take cases he can win and unless they can get Crabtree lying this case won't get any further. It is almost impossible to prove rape or sexual assault if there are no marks or evidence. Since this is so hard to prove and since Crabtree is an athlete with a good lawyer on his side he looks to be in the clear. But if somehow he lied this case will likely go to court. And if it gets to that he will most likely settle out of court because there are some women that make cases like these up. Especially if you're an athlete. And with the money he has it's almost hard to say the women won't accept the settlement.
    Wonder if the alleged assault happened at Vernon Davis pre Super bowl party? Where was Keapernick,Moss, Willis? Somebody had to know something.

    NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Duluth, GA
    Posts
    3,328
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfaninTX View Post
    What are the odds of being falsely accused of rape twice in a year.
    They might as well be 100% if there's no evidence that somebody is guilty of that which they've been accused.


    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfaninTX View Post
    Please do not let your steelers blinders take effect. To believe he is completely innocent really shows you are naive
    Innocence doesn't have to be proven; guilt does. Guilt couldn't be proven. People are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. According to the dictionary, to presume, in legal terms, means to assume as true in the absence of proof to the contrary.

    The only people being naive here are those who believe he's guilty with absolutely no evidence that he is. Faith is great in church, but it doesn't fly in the courtroom.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

    -Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,102
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    God damnit Suh u idiot
    Like ****ing clockwork! lol

    Quote Originally Posted by krazylegz View Post
    supposedly occurred in a hotel room....based on that,i smell bullsh,could be very wrong though
    Yeah, tell that to Mike Tyson...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •