Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    This stuff happens all the time. its all Circumstantial...

athletes need to be smarter about this stuff and just pay for sex.

vCash

S

He's going to be fine, majority of sexual assault cases don't reach the prosecutor. A reported of 37% percent (or somewhere around there reach that level) and only around 17 percent get convicted. I'm researching this because I'm trying to become a detective so I know. The prosecutor will only take cases he can win and unless they can get Crabtree lying this case won't get any further. It is almost impossible to prove rape or sexual assault if there are no marks or evidence. Since this is so hard to prove and since Crabtree is an athlete with a good lawyer on his side he looks to be in the clear. But if somehow he lied this case will likely go to court. And if it gets to that he will most likely settle out of court because there are some women that make cases like these up. Especially if you're an athlete. And with the money he has it's almost hard to say the women won't accept the settlement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    Crabtree could actually rape her and walk away clean, and then most of the fans will forget about how much of a sick scumbag he is as a person because they enjoy watching him play a sport...

pitiful.
    Yeah that's how it worked for big Ben, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bda28 View Post
    Yeah that's how it worked for big Ben, right?
    Actually, the way it worked for him was, he got branded with a scarlet letter 'R' anyway, even though all the forensic manpower and resources in the world couldn't even find one billionth of one gram of his genetic code anywhere with which to even form a case against him.

Since the precedent has been set, though, Michael Crabtree is guilty until proven innocent, remains guilty even if a case can't be formed against him, and must serve a six-game suspension with an option for parole after four games. PROTECT THE SHIELD, ROGE!!!

Now if there really is enough evidence to indict him, then all bets are off.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

-Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    This stuff happens all the time. its all Circumstantial...

athletes need to be smarter about this stuff and just pay for sex.
    Like my main man Harden droppin 20G's for some Shea butttter

Quote Originally Posted by MDfootball36 View Post
    He's going to be fine, majority of sexual assault cases don't reach the prosecutor. A reported of 37% percent (or somewhere around there reach that level) and only around 17 percent get convicted. I'm researching this because I'm trying to become a detective so I know. The prosecutor will only take cases he can win and unless they can get Crabtree lying this case won't get any further. It is almost impossible to prove rape or sexual assault if there are no marks or evidence. Since this is so hard to prove and since Crabtree is an athlete with a good lawyer on his side he looks to be in the clear. But if somehow he lied this case will likely go to court. And if it gets to that he will most likely settle out of court because there are some women that make cases like these up. Especially if you're an athlete. And with the money he has it's almost hard to say the women won't accept the settlement.
    MD ace detective!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaruSoul View Post
    "The investigation is being handled by the department's special victims unit."

Don't think they would get a special victims unit for a *** grab.
    Well as Law and Order has taught me, the SVU are called in for sexual assaults, but that term itself can be really misconstrued as to what actually happened. Not saying he didn't do anything, but if someone is trying to get a payout from a rich athlete they can cry sexual assault over some pretty tame stuff considering.

vCash
    He will throw some cash at her and it will go away.

How dare other people get Crabtree in trouble.

vCash
    Geez.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Actually, the way it worked for him was, he got branded with a scarlet letter 'R' anyway, even though all the forensic manpower and resources in the world couldn't even find one billionth of one gram of his genetic code anywhere with which to even form a case against him.

Since the precedent has been set, though, Michael Crabtree is guilty until proven innocent, remains guilty even if a case can't be formed against him, and must serve a six-game suspension with an option for parole after four games. PROTECT THE SHIELD, ROGE!!!

Now if there really is enough evidence to indict him, then all bets are off.
    Maybe you should go rewatch the DA's press conference on the Big Ben matter. Probably not as inocent as u make it sound. You're a sad person.
    Eat Lobster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lobster View Post
    Maybe you should go rewatch the DA's press conference on the Big Ben matter. Probably not as inocent as u make it sound. You're a sad person.
    No need; I have the transcript already. Here are a few highlights...

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Bright, Ocmulgee DA
    The crime that was being investigated was rape. Under our official code, section 16-6-1, the elements of rape are having carnal knowledge – that means having sexual intercourse, which requires penetration – of a female forcibly and against her will. In this judicial circuit, we have always strongly held that a woman has a right to be safe from attack, but every case must be viewed in the context of its circumstances. Here, the overall circumstances do not lead to a viable prosecution. If they did, I would pursue it vigorously. We are not condoning Mr. Roethlisberger’s actions that night, but we do not prosecute morals, we prosecute crimes.

...if I were on the jury, I’d say ‘Nice try Mr. Prosecutor, but based on this evidence ... you don’t have it here. You didn’t prove the crime of rape beyond a reasonable doubt.’ I would not even convict the defendant.

Everybody, I think, could be criticized for their actions that night. I hate to use this pun but I’m not trying to be a Monday morning quarterback. But there was too much drinking going on.

I’m not aware of any money or any payoffs or any civil cases.
    Similarly, I'm not debating the morality of his actions. I wanted to slug him when I found out what his idea of a good time was. I'm debating the criminality of his actions, and there is no proof that his actions were criminal. Lots of people can't handle or accept that, but that's not my problem, not Roethlisberger's problem, and not the DA's problem either. The DA himself, who was privy to all the information in the case, said he wouldn't even convict him. The fact that so many people who don't know all the facts would illustrates a lack of understanding on their part of how criminal court is supposed to work.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    No need; I have the transcript already. Here are a few highlights...

Similarly, I'm not debating the morality of his actions. I wanted to slug him when I found out what his idea of a good time was. I'm debating the criminality of his actions, and there is no proof that his actions were criminal. Lots of people can't handle or accept that, but that's not my problem, not Roethlisberger's problem, and not the DA's problem either. The DA himself, who was privy to all the information in the case, said he wouldn't even convict him. The fact that so many people who don't know all the facts would illustrates a lack of understanding on their part of how criminal court is supposed to work.
    What are the odds of being falsely accused of rape twice in a year.

Please do not let your steelers blinders take effect. To believe he is completely innocent really shows you are naive

vCash
    If they already let him travel to Atlanta, it's probably not going to be a huge deal.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MDfootball36 View Post
    Wonder if the alleged assault happened at Vernon Davis pre Super bowl party? Where was Keapernick,Moss, Willis? Somebody had to know something.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfaninTX View Post
    What are the odds of being falsely accused of rape twice in a year.
    They might as well be 100% if there's no evidence that somebody is guilty of that which they've been accused.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfaninTX View Post
    Please do not let your steelers blinders take effect. To believe he is completely innocent really shows you are naive
    Innocence doesn't have to be proven; guilt does. Guilt couldn't be proven. People are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. According to the dictionary, to presume, in legal terms, means to assume as true in the absence of proof to the contrary.

The only people being naive here are those who believe he's guilty with absolutely no evidence that he is. Faith is great in church, but it doesn't fly in the courtroom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    God damnit Suh u idiot
    Like ****ing clockwork! lol

Quote Originally Posted by krazylegz View Post
    supposedly occurred in a hotel room....based on that,i smell bullsh,could be very wrong though
    Yeah, tell that to Mike Tyson...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast