Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UofAZ420 View Post
    What I'd love to see (I've done no math to back this up):

Re-sign Houston, Delmas cheap, Levy, Lo jack, Gosder and SLH

Cut Peterman, Raiola, KVB (idc about the cap figure for kvb, anybodyelse on the field has to be an inprovement over him)

restructure stafford, burleson

sign a vet to play opposite Levy

Moore in the first
    B. Jones in the second
    grab the best availible safety in the third
    then go BPA the rest of the way favoring defense.
    I accept

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JMDTM View Post
    now this is just for fun would be dope. ultimate trade down

resign Houston Delmas Cwill Sam Hill

**trade the 5th overall, and our 3rd to the Bengals for the 21st,37th, 53rd, and their 4th.

**21 trade down to late 20s, throw in a future 3rd, get a 2nd and 5th.

28. Tavon Austin skill threat West Virginia. speedster mayhew will address

36. Barrett Jones oline Alabama interior oline stud leader will address

37. Margus Hunt DE SMU. stud DE leader high motor will address

53. Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers. sud LB with speed and high motor can cover TEs well will address

**2D. trade down, get 3rd and 5th.

3. Dj Swearinger S South Carolina. Defensive leader stud safety will address

4. Jordan Reed TE/H back/WR Florida. BPA fits scheme little Hernandez type

4. Ricky Wagner RT/OG Wisconsin Adds oline depth competition at tackle for Fox Reiff so we dont have to ****s with Backus unless ya know they all get hurt

5. Mike Gillislee RB Florida. good 3rd back to have with Kevin Smith not being used ever why have him here
    its like hes in the dog house

5. Tank Carradine DE Florida State(he prolly wont be ready to go for awhile i would imagine). lots of depth at DE blitz LB carradine falls due to his late injury

5. Brandan Bishop S NC State. good depth pick, great football iq, good ball player

6. Michael Mauti LB Penn State. team leader good ball player depth n competition

7. Dan Giordano DE/OLB Cinci. high motor love cinci guys like derek wolfe connor barwin. think he will turn into something
    I accept this one too

I like the idea of filling all of our holes with new young guys. It's a lot cheaper that way and with our Salary Cap issues.

I feel like we are going to be in a worse situation this coming year than we were in this last year. We have so many free agents. I was looking at our schedule for next year and just looking at the teams we play, I say we go anywhere from 4-12 to 8-8.

I know we've been rebuilding forever, but I think we need to rebuild all over again. Hopefully become really good in 2-3 years.

Get as many draft picks as possible!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    I was listening to the radio (96.1) and they were talking about how DET could potentially pick up several key draft picks with what may happen with the moving around of QBs prior to the draft. I really hadn't considered it but here is basically what was said:

In the top 10, here are the "QB needy" teams

1. KC (needs QB)
    2. JAX (needs QB to compete w/Gabbart)
    3. Oakland
    4. Philly (needs QB)
    5. DET
    6. Cleveland (doesn't want Weeden)
    7. Arizona (needs QB)
    8. Buffalo (needs QB)
    9. NY Jets (needs QB)

The argument was that if PHI and KC can find a QB prior to the draft, there could be a HUGE demand in which team would want to draft in front of the other in picks 6-9. They predicted that Alex Smith would most likely be traded to an AFC team; KC being a perfect destination with a high 2nd round pick as compensation to SF along with Matt Cassel moving to SF in the deal to serve in the backup role.

It was also stated that JAX would be a great fit for Vick as JAX doesn't want to completely give up on Gabbart this early and would be foolish to spend another top 10 pick on a QB two seasons later.

If KC or PHI ends up trading for Alex Smith, and if Vick stays in PHI or goes to JAX, DET could pick up multiple 2nd or 3rd round picks and still draft in the top 10.

Thought I would share........as I think this would work out great for us.
    Lets hope and pray

Off-season Sucks

vCash
    Reports have come out that the Jets are shopping Darrelle Revis. Would you guys give up Shaun Hill, Titus Young, Cliff Avril (Sign & Trade), a 5th, and 7th for him and a 6th? The money matches up as Avril would get probably around 12 mil, Hill 3 mil, and Titus 2 mil, and Revis is set to make a shade over 16 mil next year. We could attempt to re-sign him next season after cuts and re-structuring deals, and if not at least he bought us time at the CB spot with a lockdown for a year at the expense of giving up a lot of guys that otherwise wouldn't contribute to us or even be on our roster, and that's 16 mil off the books in 2014. If that deal went down, I was thinking cut Peterman, Raiola, and KVB, and draft Werner, Jones, Frederick, Thomas, Gillislee, and Wing, and Sturgis. The cuts and re-structures allow us to re-sign either Levy or Durant, Delmas, Houston, and possibly sign Michael Johnson.
    Detroit Muscle

vCash
    why would the jets do that? come on. shaun hill, titus young, and the late round draft picks have little to no value on the trade market and avril isn't worth much either.

I love the "lets trade a bunch of our scrubs that we don't want anymore for a superstar" trade ideas that seem to be all too common.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    The more I think about it, the more I feel the Lions organization should have fired Schwartz and Mayhew. This would have been the perfect time to do it since we have so many players going to free agency this year.
    Look at all the players Mayhew/Schwartz are going to sign & draft this year. If they get fired next year, then a lot of those players might not fit into the new regime.
    Again, I believe the Lions will go anywhere from 4-12 to 8-8. If they go less than 8-8, at least one of them is gone.
    Why do we always suck?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by davids209 View Post
    The more I think about it, the more I feel the Lions organization should have fired Schwartz and Mayhew. This would have been the perfect time to do it since we have so many players going to free agency this year.
    Look at all the players Mayhew/Schwartz are going to sign & draft this year. If they get fired next year, then a lot of those players might not fit into the new regime.
    Again, I believe the Lions will go anywhere from 4-12 to 8-8. If they go less than 8-8, at least one of them is gone.
    Why do we always suck?
    because we make decisions like replacing the GM who built the first ever 0-16 team in NFL history with that same GM's right hand man for 8 years...

Reload #BTFD

vCash
    Good point

vCash
    I know we just made the playoffs last year with a 10-6 record.
    But since that 5-0 start we have last year, our record is 9-19 in our last 28 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by davids209 View Post
    I know we just made the playoffs last year with a 10-6 record.
    But since that 5-0 start we have last year, our record is 9-19 in our last 28 games.
    9 & 19 stinks!
    Don't just read our posts, JOIN US! click here
    2011 AND 2012 JWE & Strives Lions prediction game Champion
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10, #12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    The awkward moment when 9-19 is probably the best stretch 28gm in the past 10yrs for the lions...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    The awkward moment when 9-19 is probably the best stretch 28gm in the past 10yrs for the lions...
    Oh snap! You may be right on that one! Lol
    Don't just read our posts, JOIN US! click here
    2011 AND 2012 JWE & Strives Lions prediction game Champion
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10, #12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    What if Chance Warmack, G, Alabama, is rated the BEST PLAYER in this years draft? Would you consider drafting him #5 overall?

vCash
    Resign Houston Delmas Heller Cwill Sam Hill
    Restructure contracts of KVB, Burleson, Backus, Raiola
    Cut peterless
    Sign Jason Babin, Jim Washburn guy
    Sign La'Rod Stephens Howling RB/KR 3rd running back, return abilities

Trade down the 5th pick, 5th and 6th to the Bengals for the 21st, 37th, and 53rd

21. Keenan Allen WR Cal.
    36. Matt Elam S Florida.
    37. Trade down a few slots grab a 4th.
    Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers.
    53. Larry Warford G Kentucky.
    3. Logan Ryan CB Rutgers.
    Obtain a 3rd using a 4th and future 6th.
    3. Justin Pugh T/G Syracuse.
    4. Tank Carradine DE Florida State.
    7. BPA
    Last edited by JMDTM; 01-25-2013 at 01:11 AM.
    Joique Bell
    WHOOP!

vCash
    ^Cant trade our 4th its a comp...

Off-season Sucks

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast