Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cwick925 View Post
    Titus is a basket case, we can count him as blank points and peterman well were gonna cut him so lets throw him in there for some extra points.. HEY THE TRADES FAIR NOW
    Like I said, STL's two biggest needs are G and WR, Peterman and Young would fill those needs. I don't think STL would shy away from Young as they have had history (and success) with drafting players with character issues.

Remember, STL had the 2nd overall pick last year and WAS sent them THREE 1st round picks + a 2nd round pick to move up 4 places to get RGIII. All there needs to be is a player at #5 that is coveted by STL and multiple teams for this to seem like DET should get more in return. Even the Julio Jones trade by ATL was grossly overpaid for. We won't really get a good gage in how much "hype" some of these players get until after the combine in Feb.

STL also has multiple 1st round picks in the 2014 draft as well, so it isn't like this is a rare occaison for them. They probably plan to trade back up one of these drafts to grab an impact/top #10 player.

I think we at least agree on one thing......STL having picks #16 & #22 sounds a lot more desirable than where we sit at #5. There is some good talent available at #5, but I don't think any of us are "jumping up and down" about any player that we could possibly take at #5.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    Like I said, STL's two biggest needs are G and WR, Peterman and Young would fill those needs. I don't think STL would shy away from Young as they have had history (and success) with drafting players with character issues.

Remember, STL had the 2nd overall pick last year and WAS sent them THREE 1st round picks + a 2nd round pick to move up 4 places to get RGIII. All there needs to be is a player at #5 that is coveted by STL and multiple teams for this to seem like DET should get more in return. Even the Julio Jones trade by ATL was grossly overpaid for. We won't really get a good gage in how much "hype" some of these players get until after the combine in Feb.

STL also has multiple 1st round picks in the 2014 draft as well, so it isn't like this is a rare occaison for them. They probably plan to trade back up one of these drafts to grab an impact/top #10 player.

I think we at least agree on one thing......STL having picks #16 & #22 sounds a lot more desirable than where we sit at #5. There is some good talent available at #5, but I don't think any of us are "jumping up and down" about any player that we could possibly take at #5.
    id love to get their picks dont get me wrong.. but your trade scenarios seem like madden trades

vCash
    id love to get their picks dont get me wrong.. but your trade scenarios seem like madden trades
    lol I haven't played a game of madden in about 6 years.....but I know what u are saying.

we just gotta find a way to get outta that #5 spot tho. The only player I see worth taking there is DE Demontre Moore. I know some have Dee Milliner going at #4 now, but I think that is a HUGE reach for us or anyone else.

vCash
    2 words...Bjoern Werner.

vCash
    Those aren't words.

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    I guess I just finally realized that rocket is the only one around here that knows anything and the rest of you guys are dicks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieLionsFan View Post
    2 words...Bjoern Werner.
    4 words......not at number 5!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JMDTM View Post
    I could ride with that bro ^^^ but there's a lot of good safety's this year I think he slides to the 3rd.

Resign Houston
    Heller c will lo jack and Sam Hill will be cheap.
    Also resign Delmas, he can't ask for much he barely plays.

Restructure Burleson KVB stafford so we can have more money for this year.

Backus peterman Raiola also make to much, something's gonna be done with their contracts.

Sign antoine Cason.***
    Has started every game of his career and could use a change of scenery. Also makes more sense then drafting a CB high a year removed from taking 3 CBs where we know two of them have potential at this point.

1. Bjoern Werner DE Florida State.
    2. Trade down grab 4th
    Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers.
    3. Dj Swearinger S South Carolina.
    4. Quanterus Smith DE Western Kentucky.
    4. Mike Gillislee RB Florida
    Dude ain't slippin to the 7th like someone said
    5. Brandan Bishop S NC State
    6. Blaize Foltz OG TCU
    7. Elvis Fisher OT Missouri.
    I haven't seen a single mock draft with Gillislee higher than the 4th round. He's a 3rd down back at best, and a return man.
    Detroit Muscle

vCash
    Made 2 more picks in the PSD Mock Draft today. Here's what I have so far:

1.5. Bjoern Werner DE
    2.23. D.J. Swearinger S
    3.3. Larry Warford OG
    *Traded up from late 3rd. Gave up a 5th*
    3.8. Jordan Reed TE (can line up at WR too)

Thoughts on the Draft?

vCash
    my thinking exactly. Peterman isn't a very good guard. He's so-so in pass protection, sucks in run blocking, and a false start waiting to happen. Titus Young is a decent trade prospect, but for a 6th rounder would you rather give him one more chance or just jump ship now? I don't expect any trades to happen this draft/off-season, and would draft this:

1. Dee Milliner CB
    2. Barrett Jones C
    3. Anthony Brown OLB
    4. T.J. McDonald S
    5. Johnathan Brown OLB
    6. Mike Gillislee RB/PR/KR
    7. Brad Wing P
    7. Mike Sturgis K
    Detroit Muscle

vCash
    I think it's time for a new kicker.... Hanson is still solid, but we need a young guy that can knock 50yards with ease & get Touchbacks, I cringe every time the opposition gets the ball on kickoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sportzfreak9303 View Post
    my thinking exactly. Peterman isn't a very good guard. He's so-so in pass protection, sucks in run blocking, and a false start waiting to happen. Titus Young is a decent trade prospect, but for a 6th rounder would you rather give him one more chance or just jump ship now? I don't expect any trades to happen this draft/off-season, and would draft this:

1. Dee Milliner CB
    2. Barrett Jones C
    3. Anthony Brown OLB
    4. T.J. McDonald S
    5. Johnathan Brown OLB
    6. Mike Gillislee RB/PR/KR
    7. Brad Wing P
    7. Mike Sturgis K
    trades will happen we tried for pat peterson we moved up for either leshoure or titus cant remember which, moved up for Best,

we traded for a lot of role players. gronk.5 for phonso smith. houston williams.

this article from last years draft
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...l-draft/page/3

we are gonna trade! thats why i always trade in my mocks cause its fun to see what we will actually do.
    im not mocking peterman getting traded he has no value especially being owed money in his contract year and hes not even that good. but trading down in certain spots to obtain more picks makes sense especially if someone fits us better than the best guys on the board at the time.

that said i like ur mock but what do you really think we are gonna take milliner at 5 without trading down if hes not said to be pat peterson
    Joique Bell
    WHOOP!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    I think it's time for a new kicker.... Hanson is still solid, but we need a young guy that can knock 50yards with ease & get Touchbacks, I cringe every time the opposition gets the ball on kickoffs.
    yes please, are you starting a petition?

LFLOL & LFFS after secretly glancing at the ***** forum
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    What I'd love to see (I've done no math to back this up):

Re-sign Houston, Delmas cheap, Levy, Lo jack, Gosder and SLH

Cut Peterman, Raiola, KVB (idc about the cap figure for kvb, anybodyelse on the field has to be an inprovement over him)

restructure stafford, burleson

sign a vet to play opposite Levy

Moore in the first
    B. Jones in the second
    grab the best availible safety in the third
    then go BPA the rest of the way favoring defense.

Reload #BTFD

vCash
    now this is just for fun would be dope. ultimate trade down

resign Houston Delmas Cwill Sam Hill

**trade the 5th overall, and our 3rd to the Bengals for the 21st,37th, 53rd, and their 4th.

**21 trade down to late 20s, throw in a future 3rd, get a 2nd and 5th.

28. Tavon Austin skill threat West Virginia. speedster mayhew will address

36. Barrett Jones oline Alabama interior oline stud leader will address

37. Margus Hunt DE SMU. stud DE leader high motor will address

53. Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers. sud LB with speed and high motor can cover TEs well will address

**2D. trade down, get 3rd and 5th.

3. Dj Swearinger S South Carolina. Defensive leader stud safety will address

4. Jordan Reed TE/H back/WR Florida. BPA fits scheme little Hernandez type

4. Ricky Wagner RT/OG Wisconsin Adds oline depth competition at tackle for Fox Reiff so we dont have to ****s with Backus unless ya know they all get hurt

5. Mike Gillislee RB Florida. good 3rd back to have with Kevin Smith not being used ever why have him here
    its like hes in the dog house

5. Tank Carradine DE Florida State(he prolly wont be ready to go for awhile i would imagine). lots of depth at DE blitz LB carradine falls due to his late injury

5. Brandan Bishop S NC State. good depth pick, great football iq, good ball player

6. Michael Mauti LB Penn State. team leader good ball player depth n competition

7. Dan Giordano DE/OLB Cinci. high motor love cinci guys like derek wolfe connor barwin. think he will turn into something
    Last edited by JMDTM; 01-21-2013 at 02:10 PM.
    Joique Bell
    WHOOP!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JMDTM View Post
    now this is just for fun would be dope. ultimate trade down

resign Houston Delmas Cwill Sam Hill

trade the 5th overall, and our 3rd to the Bengals for the 21st,37th, 53rd, and their 4th.

21 trade down to late 20s, throw in a future 3rd, get a 2nd and 5th.
    28. Tavon Austin skill threat West Virginia.
    36. Barrett Jones oline Alabama
    37. Margus Hunt DE SMU.
    53. Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers.
    2D. trade down, get 3rd and 5th.
    3. Dj Swearinger S South Carolina.
    4. Jordan Reed TE/H back/WR Florida.
    4. Ricky Wagner RT/OG Wisconsin
    5. Mike Gillislee RB Florida.
    5. Tank Carradine DE Florida State(he prolly wont be ready to go for awhile i would imagine).
    5. Brandan Bishop S NC State.
    6. Michael Mauti LB Penn State.
    7. Dan Giordano DE/OLB Cinci.
    Why does everyone wanna trade down? Im scared to pick outside of the top ten.. Mayhews picks outside of the top 5 have all been questioned

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast