Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by davids209 View Post
    This is going to be a very long February unless we make up stuff to talk about cwick925. Should we not talk about anything until something happens first? I would love to hear a detailed explanation of why we should keep Suh? And what he is currently doing to make us a better team?
    Because he actually produces, mayhew cant draft for crap so wtf are we gonna do with all these draft picks we got? Get someone with more health issues? How are we gonna get FA defensive players to wanna come here after trading our ONLY GOOD player on the defensive side? Yea come play next to SLH, Willie young and Lojack!

Quote Originally Posted by sosa View Post
    from what im seeing, any talk of trading suh is considered idiotic and blasphemous
    Yup your all over it..

No buddy, it gets annoying around here, every off season its trade *blank* player their cap hit is too high we can get 34534589 draft picks and sign every FA out there..

Its not going to happen, Im not one to waste my time talking about something thats not even plausible to happen.. Its like arguing over politics.. You cant change it.. who cares.. Why waste my finger tips, time or breath

29 Rec - 461 Yards -3 TD

vCash
    Hey guys, my first post

My dream Lions offseason would be this regarding draft and free agency -

Draft -
    1) Bjorn Werner (DE)
    2) Larry Warford (G)
    3) Khassim Greene (LB)
    4) Mike Gillislee (RB) - *possible comp pick* for eric wright
    5) William Golston (DE/DT)
    6) BPA
    7) Best punter available possible brad wing

Free Agency -
    Sign Jairus Byrd(S)
    Sign Anquan Boldin - candidate to likely be cut from Baltimore
    Sign Leodis Mckelvin (CB) - Good return man
    Sign Punter if none drafted

Resign -
    Justin Durant
    Willie Young
    Sammie Lee Hill
    Will Heller
    Kassim Osgood
    Chris Houston
    Louis Delmas
    Jason Hanson
    Don Mulbach
    Amari Spievey
    Jason Fox
    Joique Bell
    Ricardo Silva

Restructure/Pay Cut
    Matthew Stafford
    Nate Burelson
    Jeff Backus if he return for his last year

Cut -
    Kyle Vanden Bosch
    Dominic Raiola
    Stephen Peterman
    Corey Williams
    Titus Young

What do you think?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron4Ever View Post
    Hey guys, my first post

My dream Lions offseason would be this regarding draft and free agency -

Draft -
    1) Bjorn Werner (DE)
    2) Larry Warford (G)
    3) Khassim Greene (LB)
    4) Mike Gillislee (RB) - *possible comp pick* for eric wright
    5) William Golston (DE/DT)
    6) BPA
    7) Best punter available possible brad wing

Free Agency -
    Sign Jairus Byrd(S)
    Sign Anquan Boldin - candidate to likely be cut from Baltimore
    Sign Leodis Mckelvin (CB) - Good return man
    Sign Punter if none drafted

Resign -
    Justin Durant
    Willie Young
    Sammie Lee Hill
    Will Heller
    Kassim Osgood
    Chris Houston
    Louis Delmas
    Jason Hanson
    Don Mulbach
    Amari Spievey
    Jason Fox
    Joique Bell
    Ricardo Silva

Restructure/Pay Cut
    Matthew Stafford
    Nate Burelson
    Jeff Backus if he return for his last year

Cut -
    Kyle Vanden Bosch
    Dominic Raiola
    Stephen Peterman
    Corey Williams
    Titus Young

What do you think?
    Looks good

CWill is a free agent though

But, I do not see any way we could afford half of it

vCash
    I understand it is pricy but a lot of cap space would be freed up with the terminations of Vanden Bosch, Raiola, Peterman as well as the restructuring of Stafford. Also it might be better served to let Backus retire and save that extra 5 million that he makes and let Reiff and Fox start as both tackles.

vCash
    Resign Houston Delmas Durant heller Cwill Sam Hill don mulbach Jason Hanson (add don Carey and Ashlee Palmer)
    Sign Jason Babin and steven Jackson and a punter!
    Restructure stafford Backus KVB Burleson Mike Thomas
    Cut Peterless and cryola

Our first, future 3rd and a 5th to bengals for the 21st, 37th, 53rd, and their 7th.(they actually Win on the trade chart) throw in Titus even

21. Trade down to 28 gain a 3rd and 7th.

27. Datone Jones DE UCLA.
    High upside guy, love his attitude and the dude is mad strong. Plays the pass and run very well, with the ability to play any spot up front(ucla ran a 2-4-5 a lot- he played nose) dude would bloster our d front and really open up some more packages.

36. Barrett Jones C/OG Alabama.
    Obvious need. Don't think anyone would complain here.

37. Trade down some gain a 4th.
    Logan Ryan CB Rutgers.
    Physical run defender on the edge, leader, pure ball player. Would love to see him in detroit. 3rd favorite CB behind Milliner and Desmond Trufant(who I've liked since the hype wasn't quite there).

53. Arthur Brown LB Kansas.
    Add some real talent at the LB position. We need some run stoppers. I Would also take khaseem Greene aporia Sean porter here. Love all these guys but Arthur Brown can find his way to the ball carrier like no one I've seen in college In awhile.

3. Jonathan Cyprien S FIU.
    Rising star. I still think Elam vaccarro and a few others are ahead of him and this is a deep safety class so we should be able to get him in the 3rd.

3. Trade down get a 5th
    David Quessenberry G/C/OT San Jose State.
    Can play any position up front giving us flexibility in yet another area. We can dish Raiola and peterman and allow fox/Reiff/quessenberry to battle at tackle(Backus as a 6th man type role or injury filler) and the loser of that battle plus Nagy/jones/and Rodney Austin can battle for the guard and center spots(sims can play right or lft guard). Will make for a solid line and decent depth.

4. Move up to the start of the 4th by giving one of our 7ths and a future 6th.
    Cobi Hamilton WR Arkansas.
    A deep draft at WR should help him slide, solid value this late. Plus he fits our need for an outside, bigger and physical guy. Allows broyles to play inside, provides depth, and then we got our speedy guys in Denard and Thomas to work the deep routes.

4comp. Denard Robinson Returner/utility guy Michigan.

5. Michael Williams TE Alabama.
    Carry 4 TEs(either heller or Williams should be able to play a FB role like dewayne Allen for the colts) imagine the jumbo sets we could run!

6-7(2). BPA

Stafford/Hill/Moore
    Jackson/Leshoure/Bell
    Pettigrew/Scheffler/Williams/Heller
    CJ/Burleson/Broyles/Hamilton/Thomas/Denard
    (Look at all those weapons!!)

Tackle- Reiff, Fox, Quessenberry, Backus (Jones can play some right tackle I'm sure if injury bug ever gets that out of hand)
    Guard- Sims, B Jones, Nagy, Quessenberry, Gandy, Rodney Austin
    Center-B Jones, Nagy, Quessenberry, Gandy
    (So much competition and talent)

Babin/D Jones/KVB/Willie/R Lewis
    Suh/Fairley/Sam hill/c will/D Jones
    Durant/Brown/Tahir/T Lewis
    Tulloch/Palmer
    Houston/Ryan/Green/Bentley/Greenwood/Carey
    Delmas/Cyprien/greenwood/silva/Carey

Super Bowl caliber(on paper)
    Joique Bell
    WHOOP!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cwick925 View Post
    No buddy, it gets annoying around here, every off season its trade *blank* player their cap hit is too high we can get 34534589 draft picks and sign every FA out there..

Its not going to happen, Im not one to waste my time talking about something thats not even plausible to happen.. Its like arguing over politics.. You cant change it.. who cares.. Why waste my finger tips, time or breath

I honestly wish those that post these types of trades just start their post the way it originated...'Last night I traded Suh in Madden and this is what I got in return so I think the Lions would look into doing it too, here's why....'.
    Great American Baseball Tour: Brewers, Twins, Cubs, White Sox, Cardinals, Royals ,Cleveland, Detroit and Reds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JMDTM View Post
    Resign Houston Delmas Durant heller Cwill Sam Hill don mulbach Jason Hanson (add don Carey and Ashlee Palmer)
    Cut Peterless and cryola

Our first, future 3rd and a 5th to bengals for the 21st, 37th, 53rd, and their 7th.(they actually Win on the trade chart) throw in Titus even

High upside guy, love his attitude and the dude is mad strong. Plays the pass and run very well, with the ability to play any spot up front(ucla ran a 2-4-5 a lot- he played nose) dude would bloster our d front and really open up some more packages.

Logan Ryan CB Rutgers.
    Physical run defender on the edge, leader, pure ball player. Would love to see him in detroit. 3rd favorite CB behind Milliner and Desmond Trufant(who I've liked since the hype wasn't quite there).

Add some real talent at the LB position. We need some run stoppers. I Would also take khaseem Greene aporia Sean porter here. Love all these guys but Arthur Brown can find his way to the ball carrier like no one I've seen in college In awhile.

Rising star. I still think Elam vaccarro and a few others are ahead of him and this is a deep safety class so we should be able to get him in the 3rd.

3. Trade down get a 5th
    Can play any position up front giving us flexibility in yet another area. We can dish Raiola and peterman and allow fox/Reiff/quessenberry to battle at tackle(Backus as a 6th man type role or injury filler) and the loser of that battle plus Nagy/jones/and Rodney Austin can battle for the guard and center spots(sims can play right or lft guard). Will make for a solid line and decent depth.

A deep draft at WR should help him slide, solid value this late. Plus he fits our need for an outside, bigger and physical guy. Allows broyles to play inside, provides depth, and then we got our speedy guys in Denard and Thomas to work the deep routes.

Carry 4 TEs(either heller or Williams should be able to play a FB role like dewayne Allen for the colts) imagine the jumbo sets we could run!

6-7(2). BPA

Stafford/Hill/Moore
    Jackson/Leshoure/Bell

Tackle- Reiff, Fox, Quessenberry, Backus (Jones can play some right tackle I'm sure if injury bug ever gets that out of hand)

Tulloch/Palmer

All hurt, so it would be Calvin, some rookie and mike thomas I dont like that
    New York Yankees
    Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
    Detroit Lions

vCash
    Are you serious.. Calvin Thomas denard Pettigrew scheffler Williams heller Hamilton and two guys coming back from injury, plus three capable running backs won't cut it for you? Well you better quit watching sports then

If that doesn't make you happy idk what will another first rd WR lol what a joke
    Last edited by JMDTM; 02-02-2013 at 12:57 AM.
    Joique Bell
    WHOOP!

vCash
    Why would Jackson want to come here? He wants a ring not a slight upgrade over his old team....

#HandItOnly2Bell

vCash
    I would say Defensive back has to be the #1 priority in this draft

I would take
    Demarcus Milliner (CB) in round 1
    Xavier Rhodes (CB) in round 2
    DJ Fluker (RT) in round 3

This gives them talented playmaking CB's and Fluker could be a nice replacement for Backus and we could move Reiff to LT in 2014.

vCash
    @madhador thats not a madden trade at all. how is trading a good player for a couple draft picks an unrealistic trade? trading bill bently, titus young, and a 3rd for darrelle revis would be unrealistic. try harder

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sosa View Post
    @madhador thats not a madden trade at all. how is trading a good player for a couple draft picks an unrealistic trade? trading bill bently, titus young, and a 3rd for darrelle revis would be unrealistic. try harder
    Its unrealistic because its not going to happen..

29 Rec - 461 Yards -3 TD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JMDTM View Post
    Cut Peterless and cryola

Logan Ryan CB Rutgers.

3. Trade down get a 5th

6-7(2). BPA

Stafford/Hill/Moore
    Jackson/Leshoure/Bell

Tulloch/Palmer

I like some things you did here but others make no sense to me.

Signing babin and releasing KVB makes perfect sense. Babin can still play as KVB is struggling against mediocre tackles. The signing of Steven Jackson is pretty dumb IMO. Why would the lions sign a guy who is a power back when they already have 2. We are missing the change of pace back the Best was for us. we need speed and Jackson isnt going to do that. Bush is a better option but more expensive.

I like barrett Jones, Logan Ryan, and Arthur Jones. Not much of a fan for the rest to be honest. Cyprien is a guy who could turn out well but not in the 3rd. This guy still has a lot to learn and will be somewhere in the late 4th to early 6th rounds. Like you said the Safety class is very deep and taking a project in the 3rd makes no sense. Denard is also a mixed feelings type of pick. I am a huge fan but dont see him making an impact right away. If he is there in the 6th I would grab him. Yes there is no denying the mans speed but he struggled to hold on to the ball in college and got hurt way too much. He still needs a lot of work. Now I would rather go Ace sanders in the 4th. Scary speed and is a playmaker when returning kicks. also can be a deep threat out the slot.

We have the talent to go to a super bowl but we are missing that X-Factor that those elite teams have. Unless one of our guys steps up and becomes that guy we wont be in any superbowl any time soon.

vCash
    I am posting my second mock on here. My previous was more safe than anything. I have done some more research and actually found a few more guys that would be a great fit and seem to make more sense and also what we really need. There will be no trades for draft picks as it is impossible to predict plus I think the madden trades are a little funny anyway.lol

1.) Bjoern Werner, DE - I believe Moore will be off the board and this kid isnt too far behind. Werner is a monster off the line. Needs to be fine tuned but will make an impact from day 1. Avril wll be gone because we will want too much and KVB just needs to be released. He makes to much but doesnt do much.
    Other Option - Kenny Vaccaro, S- Huge need. everyone saw how different the secondary looked with Delmas. I am tired of him getting hurt all the time.

2.) Xavier Rhodes, CB - Kid has the size and speed we need at the positon. May be better then Milliner in the future.
    Other Option- Larry Warford, G- Kid showed a lot at the Senior Bowl and it is our lines weakest point.

3.) Arthur Brown, OLB - Very underrated linebacker. He has great playing speed and finds the holes and closes them faster then a lot of guys have seen in years. Is a steal in the 3rd IMO.
    Other Option- Bacarri Rambo, S- Ball hawk and playmaker we need but this year has a very deep class.

4.) Travis Frederick, G/C- Gives us options and we all know they love options lol. He can either take over for Raoila or peterman. Better if we sign Levitre so he can play center. He opened so many hole for Montee Ball to have the career he had.

5.) Robert Lester, S - Has shown he can be a dominate player. Doesnt have great speed but always seems to be in the mix on every tackle. Has a knack for the ball and is willing to come up and hit the holes as well. With such a deep class there is a good chance he falls to the 5th.

6.) Denard Robinson, WR/KR - Speed Speed Speed. Did get hurt but still played when he could. Has the toughness but still worried. May take some time to really develop into something more then just a returner.

7.) BPA! - Anyone who can help on Special teams would be great

I honestly feel this draft is very realistic. Also I feel 4 to 5 of these guys could start as rookies on our team and make a bigger impact then who they would replace.

Free Agency

Sign Reggie Bush, Antoine Cason and Possibly Greg Jennings

Bush is the type of player we need. I dont see alot of teams chasing him this offseason. If there was Miami would try to offer him something and it seems like they really dont care to. Cason is a very durable kid and has shown he can play the #2 spot. Jennings is a long shot as it will be very expensive but we honestly need a #2 especially if burleson cannot play at that level.

Resign

Durant, SLH, Cwill (if he comes cheap), Jackson, Young, Houston and Delmas (As much as he gets hurt he is still a huge factor for us)

Release

KVB, Peterman, Raoila, Young (Such a Dumba$$)

Restructure

Stafford and Possibly Suh

This would push us over the edge and back into the playoffs and a possible threat for the superbowl

vCash
    Extend Stafford contract
    Release Peterman
    Judo Salary Chop KVB and Nate Burleson
    Lewan work the numbers like he never has lol
    Resign Young, Delmas, Durant, Hill, and Cwill if hes willing to come back at much lower price
    Try to sign Cary Wiliiams

trade # 5 and titus young to san diego for # 11 # 45 #107 and future 6th or 7th

1. Kenny Vacarro S

2. Xavier Rhodes CB

2. Terrance Williams WR

3. Travis Frederick OG

4. William Gholston DE

4. Kenjon Barner RB

5. Best LB or DT

6. Brad Wing P

7. Best CB
    Last edited by gahtv; 02-03-2013 at 02:55 PM. Reason: wanted to add more

Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast