Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    vCash
    **** it ... draft vaccaro. hes exactly what we need back there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    I'm seriously intrigued by this David Amerson guy.
    Hes got the size, but may have to move to safety (which wouldnt be a problem at all)

New York Yankees
    Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
    Detroit Lions Draft this man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph aka Jman View Post
    Hes got the size, but may have to move to safety (which wouldnt be a problem at all)
    He is very talented. Doesn't have top end speed but is just what we need at safety. He is a ball hawk. Has the ncaa record most interceptions in a season 13. (tied with Dre Bly) had to throw that in there.lol he is very physical and can also come up and help with the run game. Can also play corner if needed. Reminds me of Browner from the Seahawks but with better ball skills.

vCash
    move him to safety. works for me. it would be awesome to have a playmaker back there.

vCash
    does anyone get the feeling that suh will be and should be traded? id like to see the lions trade suh and a 5th to seattle for their 1st and 2nd. i know suh is a dominant force but he plays on the interior line and the money he makes currently handicaps us so whats gonna happen after his contract expires?

1(5). damontre moore de - gives us the pass rusher we desperately need
    1(25). matt elam s - this kid is a stud, great in coverage and can hit and has no injury concerns. steal of the draft
    2(36). xavier rhodes cb - big physical corner who can match up against a big reciever. love his upside.
    2(56). larry warford rg - better than peterman by far and much cheaper too
    3(65). khaseem greene mlb - lets us wave good bye to levy

cut kvb and peterman and restructure burleson, backus, and raiola, resign correy williams, durant, houston, durant and lojack. sign stafford for six years and 95 million.

vCash
    lol, i said durant twice i meant delmas

vCash
    Okay for the final time Suh is not going anywhere. He may be one of the highest paid d-lineman in the league but that is because he is one of if not the best d-lineman in the league. You only get rid of stars for money purposes if they are older and don't fit into a rebuilding model. The Lions are not in rebuilding mode. Mayhew and Schwartz think they have a team that is a few pieces away from making a serious playoff run and I agree. Just because he is the second biggest cap hit as of now doesn't mean get rid of that number. The front office will find a way to get money this year. Staffords deal will be cut in half and we will cut at least another 10-20 million just by cutting people like KVB who are older and too expensive. Suh is the farthest thing from anyones mind right now. If he had a down season I could see it justified for a couple proven players and a ton of draft picks but he just made the pro bowl. Are there any pro bowlers on the trade block right now???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chacha77 View Post
    Okay for the final time Suh is not going anywhere.
    ANyone think we should trade suh?

vCash
    well we live in reality. and reality tells me that id rather have matt elam and larry warford at a fraction of the cost then a defensive tackle, who as dominant as hey may be, restricts the lions ability to surround the team with other talent. you think stafford is gonna accept a pay cut of 50%? why the heck would he do that? we would be lucky to get his annual salary down to 18 million. and just out of curiosity, why would the seahawks give up more than a 1st and a 2nd for a player with a huge contract? and if said player is entering free agency at his prime then wouldnt it be likely that he'd seek a bigger contract? and does suh seem like the type of guy who will give us a hometown discount? so yeah, id sell high on him now so that im not paying 3 players on the roster half of the salary cap when we need to pay 50 other players. face it, we dont have the money for free agents, hell were gonna struggle to keep our own, and we have lots of holes to fill. suh is a great player no doubt, but we'll never win anything as long as we have to deal with his contract

vCash
    well the best cover corner since deion sanders is. do you know why that is? because the jets mismanaged the payroll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sosa View Post
    well we live in reality. and reality tells me that id rather have matt elam and larry warford at a fraction of the cost then a defensive tackle, who as dominant as hey may be, restricts the lions ability to surround the team with other talent. you think stafford is gonna accept a pay cut of 50%? why the heck would he do that? we would be lucky to get his annual salary down to 18 million. and just out of curiosity, why would the seahawks give up more than a 1st and a 2nd for a player with a huge contract? and if said player is entering free agency at his prime then wouldnt it be likely that he'd seek a bigger contract? and does suh seem like the type of guy who will give us a hometown discount? so yeah, id sell high on him now so that im not paying 3 players on the roster half of the salary cap when we need to pay 50 other players. face it, we dont have the money for free agents, hell were gonna struggle to keep our own, and we have lots of holes to fill. suh is a great player no doubt, but we'll never win anything as long as we have to deal with his contract
    Stafford restructured a couple years ago and saved the team around 6 million. He has openly said he would be willing to do this in the past. Based on that, I do not see any reason he wouldn't sign an extention and change the numbers around so they benefit the team now.

I do not understand why you or anyone else would like to trade suh. You want to trade arguably the best DT in the game for a couple draft picks? Players that are unproven in the nfl. Players like Suh do not come around very often. Sounds like too big of a risk to me. Not to mention Suh is the catalyst that drives this defensive line and would fall apart without him. But yea, lets go trade him....

It is reasonable to think he will sign an extention that will help this team's cap. Just like several other players. If we have another down season then I think the argument holds water. But we just made the playoffs the season before.

vCash
    all the restructuring did was defer the money, which is exactly why his cap hit is 21 million this year. I agree that at some point he will sign an extension but the chances of the value of his contract being less than what he made his rookie year is zero. wrong again, im not trading suh for 2 unproven players, im trading suh for 2 unproven players and cap relief which we desperately need. and ive seen nothing to suggest that suh is capable of anchoring our dline to a superbowl. his rookie year was his best and we went 6-10. then the following year he was bad and we went to the playoffs. then this year he play well and we sucked. im not saying it was his fault, im just saying he doesnt impact the team in a way to justify his salary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sosa View Post
    all the restructuring did was defer the money, which is exactly why his cap hit is 21 million this year. I agree that at some point he will sign an extension but the chances of the value of his contract being less than what he made his rookie year is zero. wrong again, im not trading suh for 2 unproven players, im trading suh for 2 unproven players and cap relief which we desperately need. and ive seen nothing to suggest that suh is capable of anchoring our dline to a superbowl. his rookie year was his best and we went 6-10. then the following year he was bad and we went to the playoffs. then this year he play well and we sucked. im not saying it was his fault, im just saying he doesnt impact the team in a way to justify his salary.
    suh is the only consistent dominate force on the DLine. You are essentially getting rid of our best player on defense to fill holes other places and then creating a new one. I agree his salary is to high and something needs to take place. But, I do not see this team moving forward by getting rid of him.

Like I said and how others have mentioned. It would make sense to trade him if we are rebuilding, but I do not believe we are in that mode.

Suh had arguable his best year last year and was also very good the year before. People get too caught up with stats.

vCash
    Trade suh guys! We got a new talent scout guy, we can draft new players!

vCash
    what about trading down with st louis. our 5th and peterman for their 16, 22nd and a 6th?

vaccaro would probably be there at 16 and a guy like dion jordan or okafor or montgomery at 22?
    draft barrett jones with 2, could go anywhere with our 3rd and kenjon barner in the 4th (comp pick)?

Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast