Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Lions trade # 5 for San Diego # 11 # 45

1. Chance Warmack OG - Top inside lineman huge need for us because Peterman has no push in the rungame and Warmack will help immensely with that. ALT pick Johnthan Banks

2. Xavier Rhodes CB - Very agressive big CB has had a little of the injury bug but if our medical clears him then we must take him.

2. Alex Okafor DE - KVB will probally be gone Avril will be gone the only DE i see we might have is Lewis and Young so a upgrade at the position is needed.

3. William Gholston DE - Yes a double up at DE and honestly with Jim Washburn if he can turn Haynesworth into a monster i believe he can help Gholston

5. Kenjon Barner RB - Great change of pace back probally one of the closet prospects to Jahvid outside of Ellington.

6. Jonathan Cyprien S - Really like him in the senior bowl lets hope he doesnt rise his stock too high

7. Brad Wing P - Kinda hope he is still here and as long as he aint hittin the bong with Fairley and Leshoure he should be fine and a huge upgrade over Harris

vCash
    Mayhew has to sign a FA CB. If he does then we will go after Vaccaro and a DE. There's no way we draft 2 DE's that high. Unless someone drops considerably.

vCash
    I would like to see things go this way

1.) Damontre Moore, DE- Best and safest pick at no. 5

Alt option- Bjoern Werner, DE - Very Quick off the line but still needs some work
    Alt option- Jarvis Jones, OLB - Playmaker but has health concerns

2.) Barrett Jones, C/G/T- Kid can play any position on the line and is great in runblocking.

Alt option- Xavier Rhodes, CB - Big Corner with great skills but has been hit with injury bug
    Alt option- Eric Reid, S- would be great fit next to delmas but safety class is deep IMO

3.) David Amerson, CB/S- Huge at 6'3 200 lbs. Is a ball hawking playmaker in the secondary. Has 18 interceptions over the past 2 years. Could play next to Delmas or opposite of Houston.

Alt options- Khaseem Greene, OLB - we need to fill 2 LB spots if both leave in FA
    Alt. Option- Bacarri Rambo, S - Another ballhawk but is smaller in size

4.) Tyrann Mathieu, CB - Tremendous Talent but has off the field issues. Could be the steal of the draft IMO. I say if he is there in the 4th we take a chance and hope for the best. Kid was in the running for the Heisman, Too much talent to pass up on.

Alt option - Arthur Brown, OLB- Could start from day 1
    Alt option - E.J. Manuel, QB - If Stafford starts to decline, which I doubt, this kid has huge upside and could be great trade bait in 2 to 3 years

5.) Ace Sanders, WR/KR - This kid scared the hell out of me when ever he touched the ball. Too much speed to pass up and has great hands as well.

Alt option- Kenjon Barner, RB - Looked terrible at Senior bowl but could be that speed back we need
    Alt option- Denard Robinson, WR/RB/KR- One word, SPEED!

6.) Jonathan Brown, OLB - Kid is a "playmaker" on D. Had over 20 tackles for loss in 2011 and since he was injured late last year didnt have same type numbers. Could develop into a starter in 2 years and immediately help on special teams.

Alt option- Cameron Lawrence, OLB- another prospect that could turn into something special. Immediate help on special teams.
    Alt option- Jonathan Cyprien, S - Ties to Delmas, Big Hitter just needs help on locating ball at times.

7.) Marcus Lattimore, RB - I say if he is there then grab him. If he dont pan out then o well its a 7th round pick. Kid has too much talent to not give him a chance.

Alt option - anyone who can tackle! lol

FA

Resign- Houston, Delmas, SLH, Durant

Sign- Antoine Cason - Very Durable and very underrated

Release- Peterman!, KVB, and trade Titus for anything we can get at this point.

Restructure- Stafford, Suh and Burleson

This not only brings in "playmakers" but also fills many needs. Swartz loves versitility and these guys have it. We really dont have a lot of money to go crazy so we have to finally go smart and bring in guys who make sense.
    Last edited by Lionsfan712; 01-28-2013 at 01:01 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfan712 View Post

Alt option- Bjoern Werner, DE - Very Quick off the line but still needs some work

2.) Barrett Jones, C/G/T- Kid can play any position on the line and is great in runblocking.

Alt option- Xavier Rhodes, CB - Big Corner with great skills but has been hit with injury bug
    Alt option- Eric Reid, S- would be great fit next to delmas but safety class is deep IMO

3.) David Amerson, CB/S- Huge at 6'3 200 lbs. Is a ball hawking playmaker in the secondary. Has 18 interceptions over the past 2 years. Could play next to Delmas or opposite of Houston.

Alt options- Khaseem Greene, OLB - we need to fill 2 LB spots if both leave in FA

4.) Tyrann Mathieu, CB - Tremendous Talent but has off the field issues. Could be the steal of the draft IMO. I say if he is there in the 4th we take a chance and hope for the best. Kid was in the running for the Heisman, Too much talent to pass up on.

Alt option - E.J. Manuel, QB - If Stafford starts to decline, which I doubt, this kid has huge upside and could be great trade bait in 2 to 3 years

5.) Ace Sanders, WR/KR - This kid scared the hell out of me when ever he touched the ball. Too much speed to pass up and has great hands as well.

Alt option- Kenjon Barner, RB - Looked terrible at Senior bowl but could be that speed back we need

6.) Jonathan Brown, OLB - Kid is a "playmaker" on D. Had over 20 tackles for loss in 2011 and since he was injured late last year didnt have same type numbers. Could develop into a starter in 2 years and immediately help on special teams.

Alt option- Cameron Lawrence, OLB- another prospect that could turn into something special. Immediate help on special teams.
    Alt option- Jonathan Cyprien, S - Ties to Delmas, Big Hitter just needs help on locating ball at times.

7.) Marcus Lattimore, RB - I say if he is there then grab him. If he dont pan out then o well its a 7th round pick. Kid has too much talent to not give him a chance.

FA

This not only brings in "playmakers" but also fills many needs. Swartz loves versitility and these guys have it. We really dont have a lot of money to go crazy so we have to finally go smart and bring in guys who make sense.
    looks very good. nice post.
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

vCash

FA

I'm starting to think that Barrett Jones might have been a product of Chance Warmack's success. I do like your mock but I think I would take Werner or Ziggy Ansah over Moore at this point. They seem a lot quicker off the line. Overall nice mock and welcome to the forum.

vCash

FA

I don't see Lattimore falling to the 7th, but i'm fine with him if he's there.
    2014-15 Adopt a Lion: Jeremy Ross

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gahtv View Post
    Lions trade # 5 for San Diego # 11 # 45

1. Chance Warmack OG - Top inside lineman huge need for us because Peterman has no push in the rungame and Warmack will help immensely with that. ALT pick Johnthan Banks

2. Xavier Rhodes CB - Very agressive big CB has had a little of the injury bug but if our medical clears him then we must take him.

2. Alex Okafor DE - KVB will probally be gone Avril will be gone the only DE i see we might have is Lewis and Young so a upgrade at the position is needed.

3. William Gholston DE - Yes a double up at DE and honestly with Jim Washburn if he can turn Haynesworth into a monster i believe he can help Gholston

5. Kenjon Barner RB - Great change of pace back probally one of the closet prospects to Jahvid outside of Ellington.

6. Jonathan Cyprien S - Really like him in the senior bowl lets hope he doesnt rise his stock too high

7. Brad Wing P - Kinda hope he is still here and as long as he aint hittin the bong with Fairley and Leshoure he should be fine and a huge upgrade over Harris
    I really like this. I would just hope that Rhodes and Wing are there for us to select at those spots. I think it is a realistic trade with SD#11, too. Escpecially if OTs Joeckel or Fisher are there. Their Oline sucks.

Also, somebody said if we traded with STL for the #16 & #22 picks, we should take Warmack and Vaccaro. I absolutely love this idea. Ever though I think there is no way that STL will trade us. If you could take these two studs here, why would you move up to take one stud?
    Last edited by davids209; 01-28-2013 at 12:21 PM.

vCash
    I use to be really high on C Barrett Jones. Considering he could play anywhere on the interior and we need a replacement for Raiola and Peterman. But the more I see people write about this guy, the more average he's starting to look. Paraphrasing, but I heard, he could be a pretty good Guard and an Above Average Center. All of a sudden, I'm not doing back flips over this guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by davids209 View Post
    I really like this. I would just hope that Rhodes and Wing are there for us to select at those spots. I think it is a realistic trade with SD#11, too. Escpecially if OTs Joeckel or Fisher are there. Their Oline sucks.

Also, somebody said if we traded with STL for the #16 & #22 picks, we should take Warmack and Vaccaro. I absolutely love this idea. Ever though I think there is no way that STL will trade us. If you could take these two studs here, why would you move up to take one stud?
    Someone suggested that SD trades us the #11 pick and #45 pick. I really like this because of how simplistic it is. Now, if we could move back one more time, that would be ideal for me. But if not, I'm good with this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by davids209 View Post
    I use to be really high on C Barrett Jones. Considering he could play anywhere on the interior and we need a replacement for Raiola and Peterman. But the more I see people write about this guy, the more average he's starting to look. Paraphrasing, but I heard, he could be a pretty good Guard and an Above Average Center. All of a sudden, I'm not doing back flips over this guy.

Barrett Jones has never really had a chance to stay at one position on the line while in college. guys would get hurt or leave for the draft so Saban just threw him where ever. Give this kid some time to learn one spot and watch him shine. I say plug him in at center and he will be there for years. If not he can fill that void at RG and help tremendously with the run game. Either way he is a huge upgrade over whatever he have now.

vCash
    Oh, don't get me wrong, he would definately be an upgrade. I'm just wondering, when everything shakes out after the combine, where he will be ranked. I have a feeling he might be ranked around #50. We would lose value picking him #36, and he would definately be gone by #67. Hopefully he does grade out as #40 or higher. I'm just doubtful.

vCash

FA

Approved

Barrett Jones has never really had a chance to stay at one position on the line while in college. guys would get hurt or leave for the draft so Saban just threw him where ever. Give this kid some time to learn one spot and watch him shine. I say plug him in at center and he will be there for years. If not he can fill that void at RG and help tremendously with the run game. Either way he is a huge upgrade over whatever he have now.
    and seconded

Not Even Fair #BTFD

vCash
    Good news. We are slated to recieve and extra fourth and seventh round pick as compensation for losing Eric Wright and Drew Stanton last year. At least they were good for something.

vCash
    I'm seriously intrigued by this David Amerson guy.

vCash
    resign: delmas, c wil, slh, durant, houston, heller, lo jack

cut: raiola

restructure: vandenbosch, burleson, stafford

trade : peterman, titus (combined they are worth a late 4th-5th)

sign: reggie bush (3 years 14 mil) , greg jennings (2 years 16 mil)

draft: 1 damontre moore DE
    2 barrett jones (to play C)
    3 bacari rambo S
    4 brian winters G
    Last edited by newmain; 01-28-2013 at 07:42 PM.

Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast