Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    vCash
    Whether Magic said it or not........they SHOULD trade Howard. They've gotten worse as a team since he got here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart1 View Post
    Whether Magic said it or not........they SHOULD trade Howard. They've gotten worse as a team since he got here.
    I don't remember how Mike Brown did it. They were at least Number 1 in the divison with worse roster than this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart1 View Post
    sorry but your nuts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mOrphosis View Post
    I think Howard wants to and will resign with the Lakers, but I don't think the Lakers (or their fans) should be counting on him to be the post-Kobe messiah.

Dwight just doesn't have the skills or temperament to be a dominating center. He's been in the NBA long enough and he has no post skills, no ability to dominate a game when it counts, and he simply is a clown when it comes to his free throws. He's an athletic shot blocker...that is all that I see...great on defense, but god-awful mediocre on offense. He'll be a good center, but he is looking to end up as another Alonso Mourning than a Hakeem Olajuwon.

With all that is at stake with the Laker franchise this year...I sense that putting so much on Dwight to be the next Kobe, the next Magic, the next Laker legend...that everything else that is necessary to win a championship in the new NBA will be overlooked. The Lakers need to build a team that comes in together via the draft, grows together, and learns to win together...not a high-priced collection of free agents that are past their prime years. This season is a textbook lesson in how NOT to win in professional sports.

So...after the last month or so of watching this team lose to really bad teams and good teams...it isn't about the injuries, or the players, or the coach (even though I think d'Antoni was a horrible choice to go with over PJ). The Lakers are on the edge of a dark hole that the Celtics fell into in the 1990s...after relying on their legacy for far too long to stay competitive in a changing NBA and forgetting that it takes hard work and luck to build a solid team that competes for championships every year.

So...in my opinion...Dwight Howard will never be the force that we think he is or will be. I would rather trade him now for serious draft picks and start work on building the next great Laker dynasty through the draft instead of trying to keep the old Kobe dynasty alive. There are the future Kyrie Irvings and Chris Pauls out there in the upcoming drafts, but will they be wearing the Laker's purple and gold as pricey free agents...or will they be the next Magic Johnson, James Worthy, Kobe Bryant...all of whom are legends that were brought via the draft and raised to be great Laker basketballl players. Pretty simple choice to me...let Dwight go!
    I think you got some good points I think Lakers should trade Pau, Artest for some young players and or picks. Overall as a team they are just to slow and below the rim. But players are now drafted to young to raw that is more luck than strategic. Its not the same as back then when they came out of college. Also Lakers did not draft their allstar centers in Shaq and Kareem. Lakers are in a good position with Kobe, Pau, Artest, Blake fallen off the books. They can let them walk or trade their ending contract for picks but the key is not to get desperate now. Signing Nash and his coach for three and four years was a mistake but no way they should trade Howard. Its to hard to find a center today most teams dont have none. Lakers drafted Kobe not by sucking but by trading a seven footer for him and they sign not drafted Shaq. Well that seven footer is Pau. You dont go totally young or you will be stuck there for a very long time. They have a allstar center already you get the pg and shooters to team with him. Can he be the best player on a great team no. But what great team has one good player? Its obvious Howard need a young pg or a guard and kobe need young legs next to him. Its also clear Nash is a bench player.
    Last edited by ldawg; 01-20-2013 at 08:34 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKobeBryant View Post
    I don't remember how Mike Brown did it. They were at least Number 1 in the divison with worse roster than this year.
    A year older, worse bench, crappier coach, other teams got better, team as a whole got older and slower
    Oggi pensu iu, dumani pensa Diu

vCash
    If you trade Howard to Dallas it would have to be for Nowitzki. Then you trade Pau and Ebanks to Minny for a bench.

Something like this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a474yru

Best thing about this deal is that all players except for D. Williams and Nash will be off the books come 2014.

Then come 2014 you trade Williams' and Nash's expiring contracts for another star to go along with Lebron.

This whole idea of winning before Kobe retires is a pipe dream might as well prep for the future!

PG: Nash/Ridnour/Duhon/Blake
    SG: Bryant/Meeks/Morris/Roy
    SF: Artest/Clark
    PF: Nowitzki/Williams/Jamison
    C: Pekovic/Hill

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MT2A View Post
    If you trade Howard to Dallas it would have to be for Nowitzki. Then you trade Pau and Ebanks to Minny for a bench.

Something like this:

Best thing about this deal is that all players except for D. Williams and Nash will be off the books come 2014.

Then come 2014 you trade Williams' and Nash's expiring contracts for another star to go along with Lebron.

This whole idea of winning before Kobe retires is a pipe dream might as well prep for the future!

If this was a college course you would be sent home to your parents for such a horrible plan

they wouldn't even grade it because there is nothing worse than an F... and that is what this plan is

vCash
    +

Something like this:

yuck. This has to be the worst trade idea i have ever seen. You guys just want the Lakers to trade just because. Not only does that trade make them worst now but also the future. Is it not pass your bed time?
    Last edited by ldawg; 01-20-2013 at 09:57 PM.

vCash

Something like this:

llullz

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    Last year Magic (who so many of you hate) said to blow up the team. Well, you mock Magic and here we are. How's that Magic-hating working for you? Kobe is one of the greatest scorers of all time, and he's shooting the team into oblivion, just like he did against Detroit in his last year with Shaq. Robinson stepped back to let Duncan take the team lead and the Spurs won several championships. Kobe is not stepping back to let Dwight take over, instead he's just shooting, shooting shooting and we're losing, losing, losing. We need a new coach, we need to either bench Kobe or trade him, or maybe amnesty him, run the game through Dwight, bring in some new blood and rebuild around Dwight. More importantly thought, we need to find a way to get rid of Jimmy, because no good decision will be made with him at the helm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaInstinct24 View Post
    A year older, worse bench, crappier coach, other teams got better, team as a whole got older and slower
    This year roster was better than last year and remember we had the MWP that shot like 20% from the field.

Il take Nash, Howard, Meeks, Jamison, Clark over Sessions, Bynum, barnes, Troy, McRoberts

vCash
    I woulda kept Sessions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    If this was a college course you would be sent home to your parents for such a horrible plan

they wouldn't even grade it because there is nothing worse than an F... and that is what this plan is
    He would be put on Academic Probation for sure, and maybe lose his scholarship..... LOL!!!
    http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/duanevalle/1950Rams2.jpg

vCash
    You are all entitled to your opinions however, I'm going to value one of the greatest players to ever play the game opinion over yours.

Also, he is not only one of the greatest players to wear purple and gold he is also one the greatest fans of the purple and gold.
    Thanks for the memories Dr. Buss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post

I didn't know that Mitch Kupchak was in here posting too. So what's your plan Mitch other than *****ing about how you won't trade Dwight and that you just rather sit around and miss the playoffs... I mean clearly you are the basketball genius.

What a douche!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast