Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Cowboys hire Rod Marinelli

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/20...contract.html/

Great hire, should help this defense along with Monte Kiffin.

vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/20...contract.html/

Great hire, should help this defense along with Monte Kiffin.
    I could not agree more; they building a hell of a Defensive coaching staff!

They need a heck of a lot more than just that. Like still a upgrade at QB, OL & most importantly Majority Owner!
    Wild West, Ag. community, Seasonal-Self Employed, Bachelor Degree, Broad Fields, Experiences, Creative-Open minded, Reality-People, Tom Hartmann&Dan Sileo 'Best Broadcasters, Expose-Take On Big Guys Taking Little Guys', So What-Whom tell? Fanship, NOT FANATIC; Quality, Critically examine, Thought out, learned, experienced, facilitated, diverse fields, proven, science, others have experienced, Report personal attacks, Off Topics or bully Topics, Don't like-ignore, still not like-ignore button.

vCash
    interesting seeing the Cowboys go all-in with the 4-3 tampa 2 when (A)they dont have the secondary to run it well [not sure about the linebackers] and (B) nobody really runs it anymore because it creates a terrible mismatch with LB's trying to keep up with modern day receiving TE's on every single play, and the MLB on the RB mismatch.

Should be interesting to see them try to adapt on the fly
    Last edited by Randall Stevens; 01-18-2013 at 11:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    interesting seeing the Cowboys go all-in with the 4-3 tampa 2 when (A)they dont have the secondary to run it well [not sure about the linebackers] and (B) nobody really runs it anymore because it creates a terrible mismatch with LB's trying to keep up with modern day receiving TE's on every single play, and the MLB on the RB mismatch.

Those are great points; but there are other systems that use LBs covering TEs and RBs (I can think of The Pittsburgh Steelers right away, because they do it so well), it just matters how confusing you can do it and with how great athletes and players.
    Wild West, Ag. community, Seasonal-Self Employed, Bachelor Degree, Broad Fields, Experiences, Creative-Open minded, Reality-People, Tom Hartmann&Dan Sileo 'Best Broadcasters, Expose-Take On Big Guys Taking Little Guys', So What-Whom tell? Fanship, NOT FANATIC; Quality, Critically examine, Thought out, learned, experienced, facilitated, diverse fields, proven, science, others have experienced, Report personal attacks, Off Topics or bully Topics, Don't like-ignore, still not like-ignore button.

vCash

Guess you dont know who bruce carter and sean lee are....

vCash
    i always had so much respect for the man being a nam vet, and the players have mad respect for him also,
    helped us tremendously, defensive line technique guru can work wonders with a stud like ware , (if he needed any)kinda pissed how he talked about how excited he was to work with trestman, then a day later says how he wanted a fresh start when bottom line was he missed lovie, takes a demotion from a def coordinator back to a dline coach, but i guess as a coordinator he was only preaching lovies philosophy anyways, but , great hire , congratulations, will help the d line tremendously, watch and see.

vCash

They have the players to run it. They have the players to run it really, really well.

You guys all need to give Lovie Smith a phone call and thank him for sitting out in 2013. Hot Rod is the best in the business, and your DL's going to be scary good in the next season or two.

NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

vCash
    i was already thinking lovie to dallas 2014

vCash
    if garret didnt make magic 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevilla91 View Post
    Guess you dont know who bruce carter and sean lee are....
    I'm an Eagles fan, I watch them minimum twice a year, I am very familiar with them, and how they are great LB's in the 3-4.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    They have the players to run it. They have the players to run it really, really well.
    Need two physical man coverage corners and solid zone safeties. Claiborne and develop into that role, and thats really it for the secondary. I remember Carr being more of a zone player, or at least being better at zone.

vCash
    You don't really need two press zone type of guys. If you have one who's physical with a safety not afraid to put people on your ***, you're fine.

In Chicago, we only had Tillman who was physical with WRs. If you have one guy that can shut down one side of the field and another with solid ball skills plus a safety that's physical, you'll be fine. Your DL should be sex with Hot Rod. It's really not fair.

NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

vCash
    Great hire.

vCash
    Gret move, he got the most out of the players we had here in Chicago. Without him, I doubt Henry Melton and Corey Wooton would have developed into the great pass rushers they are now.

vCash
    Hot rod

vCash

Kiffin has said before he will not push the Tampa-2 on the team because we have Carr and Claiborne, and they will still play press coverage. I hope he keeps his word.

NYK
    NYY
    STJ
    BIG D
    NYR
    JUVE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast