Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EnWhyKay View Post
    Last night's game is another testement to why Stoudemire starts.. I mean lets be honest.. Had he not gotten injured he would have started to start the season anyway.. Things are coming full circle now.. Felton, Shump, Melo, Amare, Tyson with Kidd, JR, Novak, Wallace/Camby a 9 man rotation.. Maybe even 8 come playoffs.. Not sure if Novak gets many minutes in the playoffs.. With that rotation healthy and clicking.. I like our chances against anybody..
    If you check my post history on the subject, I always didn't think it was a good idea to start STAT, but I have always been open to the idea of STAT playing his way into the starting lineup. I just didn't think he needed it handed to him. His attitude has been stellar. We are truly lucky to have him be such a cool customer with the bench role when you see things like Ray Allen in Boston and Pau/Dwight sulking and complaining about touches/role and tearing teams apart. A few more games like Boston and I don't have a problem with it. I just need to see it a few more times to believe its for real.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    What is there to be coming around to, this was the best defensive he has played as a knick, 1of1.

You make it sound like Stat has been dropping games like this his whole knick career on the boards or defensively, never mind doing both. If he plays like he did in Boston most nights, I have no problems with Stat.
    That STAT is not the worst defensive player in the history of the NBA and can be at the very least serviceable now that he is actually being taught what to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickFanSince91 View Post
    That STAT is not the worst defensive player in the history of the NBA and can be at the very least serviceable now that he is actually being taught what to do.
    I know stat stinks on D but Idk why so many people doubt him. When Woodson took over last year it wasn't THAT bad. It will take time but if he buys into the system, and I believe he should be fine.

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezy View Post
    I know stat stinks on D but Idk why so many people doubt him. When Woodson took over last year it wasn't THAT bad. It will take time but if he buys into the system, and I believe he should be fine.
    He has a long history of being Clueless on defense, that's why. Even your reasoning of why he shouldn't be doubt is because "he wasn't that bad" is soft. 1 night doesn't change years of play.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)

vCash
    I love Mr. Woodson(NO HOMO) but I don't get how white, and copeland who play so much harder who are more aggressive fall in and out of the rotation but brewer gets all this playing time. I really like white and copeland both starting to be honest. Because you have some scoring power other then melo. You carry that over with Jr. Iman, and Stat but to if you watch the games melo looks for stat and Stat is always able to catch those passes that chandler never expects. But really watching the game I never understand how Stat and melo never run the pick and roll with each other its crazy
    http://www.unscriptedent.com Radio Play Mixtape release Friday Oct. 29 Follow me on Twitter @legacy4eva For more info hit me up

vCash
    Another game where we came out flat and never recovered... Amare played well... But we didn't feed him as much as we should have.. Woody is going to have to construct an offense that can utilize our front line or we aren't going anywhere...

As I mentioned relying on the jumpshots will take us no where and you guys saw it first hand... We need to play inside out... Start Amare already and make him the primary post/pick and roll threat... It's quite simple...

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Calm down fella, if Amare throws up stinker nobody is going to go the other and say "you see it first hand, cut the dead weight".

1 game in a long season were everybody was off except Amare in the first half. Alot things going on in Knicks country right now, maybe you can have this discussion after the break.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

vCash
    Ronnie Brewer
    In wins 26 19.6 2.0-5.0 .408 0.7-2.0 .340 0.5-1.1 .483 0.9 2.0 2.9 1.2 0.2 1.0 0.7 0.4 5.3
    In losses 13 14.2 0.8-3.3 .256 0.3-1.3 .235 0.1-0.4 .200 0.4 1.2 1.6 0.8 0.0 0.6 0.7 0.3 2.1

we've won most games when brewer has AVG +20 and lost most of them when he's AVG under 15... I don't think people realize he's one our best roleplayers... he keeps the ball movement with all these ball stoppers we have and he plays good D.. why I agree shump should start but I believe brewer should play at the 3. he hasn't failed us he was a big part of those early victories

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 29$JerZ View Post
    I'd personally end the Kidd in the starting lineup decision.

I would like to see Felton/Shumpert/Melo/Amar'e/Tyson to start games.

If we ever get fully healthy I want this to be our final rotation

Raymond Felton
    Iman Shumpert
    Chris Copeland
    Carmelo Anthony
    Tyson Chandler

with

Jason Kidd
    JR Smith
    Steve Novak
    Amar'e Stoudemire
    Marcus Camby
    since we can have up to twelve people suit up,who else would keep on the roster? I would keep Sheed if he gets healthy,or if sheed can't play, i would sign terrence williams and keep kurt thomas. Terrence Williams is athletic and handle the ball well.
    Last edited by KnIckFaN.2883; 01-26-2013 at 10:59 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EnWhyKay View Post
    Another game where we came out flat and never recovered... Amare played well... But we didn't feed him as much as we should have.. Woody is going to have to construct an offense that can utilize our front line or we aren't going anywhere...

As I mentioned relying on the jumpshots will take us no where and you guys saw it first hand... We need to play inside out... Start Amare already and make him the primary post/pick and roll threat... It's quite simple...
    I really want woody to construct the offense around him too. I was watching the game tonight, and i thought we go to tyson too much.Unless tyson gets it above the rim,he ain't scoring. he's just too limited offenesivly. I think amare can be that low post guy when he's on the floor.

vCash
    People are acting like Amar'e is a scrub who had a good game. This man is a multi-time all star, his very efficient 20 points tonight were no fluke. Melo and Amar'e need to be on the court together, not starting Amar'e is a cop out a la D'antoni in LA with Gasol and Dwight. Amar'e needs to start, move Kidd to the bench and this way both units are both incredibly strong.

Felton/Shump/Melo/Amar'e/Chandler
    Kidd/Smith/Novak/Sheed/Camby
    Pablo/Cope/Brewer

You can dress 13, not 12. The rule was recently changed. You can carry 12 on the roster, but if you have 13 you may dress 13.

vCash
    Amare has to stay in his role now simply because they don't have another backup 4 or 5 with Sheed and Camby out. And probably should stay there after that. He's going to be a crazy luxury to have once guys start to figure out their roles, the best 6th man in years. JR and Stat off the bench together, plus Novak, Camby, Sheed, Prigs. Disgustingly sick bench...maybe historic.

Felton, Kidd, Brewer (before he lost his touch) or JR Smith/Melo/Chandler was the best 5 man unit in the league earlier in the year. I think Shumpert's D (and if he can be a consistent 3pt shooter) will allow him to improve on that.

vCash
    Felton
    Shumpert
    Brewer
    Melo
    Chandler

Period

#TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by meloman1592 View Post
    Felton
    Shumpert