Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    vCash
    awww man lmaoo all i gotta say is .... D-Leethal : it's real hard reading your posts man . Learn The Game !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lowkeymelo View Post
    awww man lmaoo all i gotta say is .... D-Leethal : it's real hard reading your posts man . Learn The Game !
    really ?

DL makes more sense than most, first to marz huh

More luv for starving than you, u must b the same age...

vCash
    ^ wow

The Knicks are back!

vCash
    It's only one game, but Amar'e rebounded as well as I ever remember him rebounding. Getting offensive rebounds off missed free throws, getting putbacks late in the game to help seal the win. These are things I normally have never seen from the guy.

He also played excellent defense for anyone's standards. It's only 1 game, but jesus if he puts forth that type of effort nightly which is still a big ?, I don't see how he can be harmful to inject into the starting 5, especially knowing he hasn't even had a chance to play alongside his established PnR partner in Felton.

He's also looked good offensively except his midrange jumper. That'll eventually come back to him-you just don't lose something that used to be so automatic for over a half decade. If the jumper comes back, we'll finally have a legitimate 2nd option.

The bench won't really take that much of a hit, Melo or Stat will ALWAYS be on the court barring any foul trouble, so having both of them start together can only help our chances to getting off to better starts in the beginning of games. He's a much better option to start than Copeland, White or Kurt Thomas.

vCash
    Thank you, Dank.
    Yeah, I noticed it too. He's got a real tenassity to fight over screens, close out on shooters, fight for rebounds. He even has most of his spring back. I think he's 98% there. He just needs to get into a rhythm again, and Felton coming back will help, and his jumper should come back into form. He's really looked good out there, considering how rigid and stiff he was when he first came back.
    I think it's only going to be a couple of games where we'll see him come off the bench. Woody's gonna insert him very soon, I can feel it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankster View Post
    It's only one game, but Amar'e rebounded as well as I ever remember him rebounding. Getting offensive rebounds off missed free throws, getting putbacks late in the game to help seal the win. These are things I normally have never seen from the guy.

He also played excellent defense for anyone's standards. It's only 1 game, but jesus if he puts forth that type of effort nightly which is still a big ?, I don't see how he can be harmful to inject into the starting 5, especially knowing he hasn't even had a chance to play alongside his established PnR partner in Felton.

He's also looked good offensively except his midrange jumper. That'll eventually come back to him-you just don't lose something that used to be so automatic for over a half decade. If the jumper comes back, we'll finally have a legitimate 2nd option.

The bench won't really take that much of a hit, Melo or Stat will ALWAYS be on the court barring any foul trouble, so having both of them start together can only help our chances to getting off to better starts in the beginning of games. He's a much better option to start than Copeland, White or Kurt Thomas.
    EXACTLY. I like what Woody is doing though--he's allowing Amare to outplay every other 4 on the roster while buying time until Felton comes back. I won't be surprised if he puts Amare in the startling lineup Saturday or next week the latest.

The arguments against STAT with the starting 5 are falling apart. He's getting to the line, rebounding the ball, providing serviceable defense (I'll take goaltending calls over letting guys just waltz to the lane) and playing off Melo when they're on the floor together.

The starting lineups over the last 10 games or so have been getting off to slow starts and none of the PF options are doing everything Amare has been doing (I don't count Melo)

vCash
    Last night's game is another testement to why Stoudemire starts.. I mean lets be honest.. Had he not gotten injured he would have started to start the season anyway.. Things are coming full circle now.. Felton, Shump, Melo, Amare, Tyson with Kidd, JR, Novak, Wallace/Camby a 9 man rotation.. Maybe even 8 come playoffs.. Not sure if Novak gets many minutes in the playoffs.. With that rotation healthy and clicking.. I like our chances against anybody..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lowkeymelo View Post
    Than provide some insight here lil guy. All you post is how much you know about the game that nobody else knows yet you don't provide any insight to your impeccable knowledge of the game, all at 19 yrs old

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Than provide some insight here lil guy. All you post is how much you know about the game that nobody else knows yet you don't provide any insight to your impeccable knowledge of the game, all at 19 yrs old
    Amar'e Stoudemire had 15 and 9 in 20 minutes.. And he was a +11.. Also the lion share of those 20 minutes were spent on the court with Carmelo Anthony... If you covert that 20 minutes to 36 he had it was 27 and 16... All this without Raymond Felton... It's just one game.. But I am seeing his explosiveness come back.. I am seeing him impact the game on both ends... Can you at least agree?.. I mean again its just one game.. But I expect to see more of what we saw last night and better.. Especially when Ray gets back..

Also the knicks are last in the league in points in the paint.. We rely way to much on jumpshots.. Having Amar'e stoudemire in the lineup will improve our points in the paint..
    Last edited by EnWhyKay; 01-25-2013 at 02:56 PM.

vCash
    I would continue to use Amare off the bench of several more games.
    The reduced minutes will let him heal and keep him fresh come playoff time.
    He can also slowly work his way back in. Remember that he needed to make alot of adjustments this year even if he had'nt gotten injured. So he can be the focal point with the second unit where he can actually use his postup moves. He also gets to work on his defense against other teams second units without getting burned. Let him continue to come off the bench, once he feels completely comfortable on offense and defense and finds chemistry with the first Unit then we can insert him in the line up. There's no point in doing this right now, we wont even have any bigs to back him or Tyson up right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    I would continue to use Amare off the bench of several more games.
    The reduced minutes will let him heal and keep him fresh come playoff time.
    He can also slowly work his way back in. Remember that he needed to make alot of adjustments this year even if he had'nt gotten injured. So he can be the focal point with the second unit where he can actually use his postup moves. He also gets to work on his defense against other teams second units without getting burned. Let him continue to come off the bench, once he feels completely comfortable on offense and defense and finds chemistry with the first Unit then we can insert him in the line up. There's no point in doing this right now, we wont even have any bigs to back him or Tyson up right now.
    I agree... I dont think we need to force him in right away.. But eventually he should be inserted in..

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    If Stat can give 20 minutes like that every night, why change it??

The Offense was very good, but the defense/rebounds was the biggest part of his game. He didn't give any of his production from his offense back on defense.

I think a big part of that was the zone freed up the thinking part of defense for him and he was extra committed.

I've never seen Stat guard the paint that well and rebound. Last night was shockingly good.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    If Stat can give 20 minutes like that every night, why change it??

The Offense was very good, but the defense/rebounds was the biggest part of his game. He didn't give any of his production from his offense back on defense.

I think a big part of that was the zone freed up the thinking part of defense for him and he was extra committed.

I've never seen Stat guard the paint that well and rebound. Last night was shockingly good.

Bout time you started coming around on this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EnWhyKay View Post
    Amar'e Stoudemire had 15 and 9 in 20 minutes.. And he was a +11.. Also the lion share of those 20 minutes were spent on the court with Carmelo Anthony... If you covert that 20 minutes to 36 he had it was 27 and 16... All this without Raymond Felton... It's just one game.. But I am seeing his explosiveness come back.. I am seeing him impact the game on both ends... Can you at least agree?.. I mean again its just one game.. But I expect to see more of what we saw last night and better.. Especially when Ray gets back..

Also the knicks are last in the league in points in the paint.. We rely way to much on jumpshots.. Having Amar'e stoudemire in the lineup will improve our points in the paint..
    I posted directly after the game that STAT was awesome and he willed this team to victory when we needed a lift. What else do you want me to say? If we see this type of effort and production on offense, defense and the boards, which I think we can all agree we haven't seen much of out of him in 2 seasons, than I will be his #1 fan.

I need to see it to believe it, I've been burned by STAT too many times to just assume everythings gon' be alright.

Last night I saw it. Lets hope it continues.

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickFanSince91 View Post
    Bout time you started coming around on this.
    What is there to be coming around to, this was the best defensive he has played as a knick, 1of1.

You make it sound like Stat has been dropping games like this his whole knick career on the boards or defensively, never mind doing both. If he plays like he did in Boston most nights, I have no problems with Stat.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast