Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Tired of these unconventional lineups, throw a mix out there that can score (Melo Cope) and defend (the other three).

Felton Shump Copeland Melo Tyson would be my staring lineup.

Kidd should not start anymore, he would be much more productive on the bench.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    this is why coach's get paid what they do...........there are some tough decisions in the near future, we've talked about this a long time ago.

I"ve been waiting to see what direction he will go in.

Remember only 12 dress so guys like White , KT, and ??? see I can't even decide that lol........
    13 dress under the new CBA

vCash
    Is sheer was healthy I would love a starting lineup like this:

Felton
    Shump
    Melo
    Sheed
    Tyson

This way we don't get abused on the boards and in turn still have spacing on the offensive end

vCash
    Wtf ? The best starting 5 is

Felton
    Shump
    Melo
    Amare
    Chandler

no question ... bench is

Kidd
    J.r
    Flight
    Novak or Cope (Get no D our rebounding from neither)
    Marcus or Rasheed

Pablo can get a little here and there minutes ... i like him but he doesn't need alot of minutes, and brewer doesn't fit that well unless there are injuries ... well for now ...then kurt doesn't need to play

vCash
    this is awesome......three yrs ago this was the mess we had to sift thru too just to suffer and hope we would get lebron.....but honestly i think we did way better now than what the plan would have been...
    half these players would have been part of the lebron james knicks and as you know some of them aren't living up to expectations on their teams or just aren't relevant in the NBA......
    im proud at the luxury we have now from our bench all the way to our starters ....and when you look at this list on what we could be stuck with if lebron had chose to come...wed probably not be as good as we are now.........

Earl Barron
    Wilson Chandler
    Eddy Curry
    Toney Douglas
    Chris Duhon
    Danilo Gallinari
    Al Harrington
    Jordan Hill
    Eddie House
    Jared Jeffries
    David Lee
    Darko Milicic
    Tmac
    Cuttino Mobley ( his contract )
    Nate Robinson
    Sergio Rodriguez
    Bill Walker

vCash
    cope is a really good scorer but i doubt he gets playoff burn due to his play IQ and problems on the defensive end

felton
    shump
    brewer
    melo
    chandler

stat, jr , novak, kidd, camby

vCash
    Give me a starting 5 of

Felton
    Shump
    Melo
    Amare
    Chandler

and our days of slow starts are over. Shump slows down guard penetration, Tyson will hopefully get back to defending the rim, Amare is the best PnR option we have, Melo is Melo and Felton is the engine that keeps everything moving

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    You guys will change your tune on Brew when were matched up against LeBron in a playoff series.
    Exactly. Idk why everyone is throwing him under the bus. For god sakes, someone made a Brewer appreciation thread early on in the season, now a lot of people want him gone. Smh

Brewer was not brought here to score, yes he did that pretty well early on in the season, but he was brought here to defend. Come playoff time we will need him.

Welcome to the #tape

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankstheknicks View Post
    this is awesome......three yrs ago this was the mess we had to sift thru too just to suffer and hope we would get lebron.....but honestly i think we did way better now than what the plan would have been...
    half these players would have been part of the lebron james knicks and as you know some of them aren't living up to expectations on their teams or just aren't relevant in the NBA......
    im proud at the luxury we have now from our bench all the way to our starters ....and when you look at this list on what we could be stuck with if lebron had chose to come...wed probably not be as good as we are now.........

Earl Barron
    Wilson Chandler
    Eddy Curry
    Toney Douglas
    Chris Duhon
    Danilo Gallinari
    Al Harrington
    Jordan Hill
    Eddie House
    Jared Jeffries
    David Lee
    Darko Milicic
    Tmac

Cuttino Mobley ( his contract )
    Nate Robinson
    Sergio Rodriguez

Bill Walker
    All those guys were free agents or traded during that season at the deadline... A team with james would've looked like

PG - TD/ Filler
    SG - Wilson Chandler/Filler
    Sf - James/ Gallo
    Pf - Stat ( we signed him before James signed)
    C - Filler/Filler

We could've still signed Chandler the next off season still because we had enough capspace. So basically this team would be what it is now but with Gallo and Chandler... But I love Melo wouldn't trade him for anybody.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

This is going to be a piece of cake.

12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nytunnelvision View Post
    You're making me start to come around on Brewer getting one more chance. He did play better offensively with Felton starting. If Brewer can hit that corner 3, he definitely should start, especially considering how he matches up with most of our rivals, as you mentioned.

But if he's not giving us spacing offensively, then he defeats the purpose of playing small (Melo at the 4), and we might as well start a big who can help with rebounding. Or, stay small, and start Shump, and rely on our team help defense to overcome to matchups with LeBron and Pierce.
    The Notorious BIG gets one more chance not Brewer

go see my ones, go see my guns

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKnickFanatic View Post
    Exactly. Idk why everyone is throwing him under the bus. For god sakes, someone made a Brewer appreciation thread early on in the season, now a lot of people want him gone. Smh

Brewer was not brought here to score, yes he did that pretty well early on in the season, but he was brought here to defend. Come playoff time we will need him.
    i think the brewer hate came from people wanting to hate him before the season started because they were... they were waiting for his slump so they can go back to hating him again.

but playioff time they'll see the real miami heat and the slowed down real hardcore games and brewer will be a big piece just like he's been during the chicago runs and utah runs

vCash
    separate the weak from the obsolete

I hope you right my dude

vCash
    stat cant play at the second unit with copeland and novak,there will be no defense,he must play with tyson or camby on the floor at the same time.its better having stat on the starting five,felton-shumpert-melo-stat-chandler,if he plays on the second unit then kidd smith novak stat camby

vCash
    There's so many combinations this team can go with. I think it's imperative though that they figure out what the permanent starting lineup will be so everyone can get acclimated to their roles for the remainder of the season.

Personally, I think SHumpert and Felton will be our starting backcourt with Melo and Tyson up front. That last spot can go to so many different players, but I'd probably start Brewer in that position and let him continue to work his way back from his injury. NOt to make excuses for the guy, but he still doesn't look like his athletic normal self like he did just a year ago in CHicago.

I wouldn't be against the idea of Stoudemire starting either. The thought of him and Felton running the PnR is just another deadly play/combo we can run on opposing defenses. The PnR with Felton/TC and Felton/Amar'e, as well as the standard isolation sets for Carmelo would make our starting 5 really hard to deal with, and I think ensure that we don't get off to too many slow starts in the future with that much firepower in our starting 5.

I'll be happy with any starting 5 as long as Swish isn't in it. He's too valuable to this team as a combo guard 6th man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    IDK, I freakin' love the Felton-Kidd backcourt. Those two compliment each other extremely well and its open 3s galore for Kidd. I want Shump's D in the starting unit but I'm not sure thats wise playing him at the 3 against guys like LeBron, Pierce etc...

I would probably start the same unit we played our best ball with - Felton-Kidd-Brew-Melo-Tyson and than let Kidd rest a ton in quarters 2 and 3 while JR and Shump run wild. Say what you want about Brew, but hes a stellar defender at the 3 spot. He gets burned when he plays the 2 but hes a primetime SF defender.
    I'm with you, I actually bought this up in the Injuries thread, how Iman might have to start at SF because i dont want KIdd out of the lineup. I'm good with Brewer or White starting at SF.

We started 18-5 because we took care of the ball so much. We were getting alot more shots than our opponents. ANd our defense was solid.

Brewer was a big part of that defense.

And Kidd was a huge part of taking care of the ball... having 2 pg's out there was great, especially since Kidd is basically a SG now and shoots over 40% from 3. Felton will make Kidd better, he'll take the load off him. Kidd in 20-25mpg is much better.

You start Shump at SG and you lose the outside shooting, you lose passing, you lose Kidd's calming presence... Not a knock on Shump, but he does turn it over a bit and he's basically a rookie.

Let Shump run wild with Prigs, JR, Novak & Amare on the 2nd unit.

I want Kidd, Felton, Melo & Chander starting and finishing games... the 5th guy should be a night to night thing.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast