Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Decision coming on starting five

Just Something new to post in until Monday

Im wit the obvious Felton, Kidd, Shumpert, Anthony, Chandler starting 5, keep JR/Stat off the bench

By Ian Begley | ESPNNewYork.com

With Iman Shumpert back and Raymond Felton getting closer, Mike Woodson is going to have some interesting choices to make regarding his starting lineup.

Shumpert started Thursday because Woodson didn't want the second-year guard to tighten up after warmups.

Iman Shumpert made his season debut Thursday in London.
    Many believe Shumpert will eventually start for the Knicks anyway. But what happens to Jason Kidd when Felton comes back? Does he go to the bench?

What about Amar'e Stoudemire? Will he eventually return to the starting lineup?

Below, we present a few potential starting fives for the Knicks, once everyone is healthy.

Felton, Kidd, Shumpert, Anthony, Chandler: Assuming Woodson wants J.R. Smith to continue coming off the bench, this is the best starting five in my opinion, although that comes with a caveat*. This lineup allows Carmelo Anthony to stay at power forward, where he can take advantage of mismatches. And it keeps a two-point-guard configuration on the floor, which the Knicks have had success with.

(*The Knicks, though, would benefit from bringing Kidd off the bench after Felton gets back. Kidd has been playing too many minutes with Felton out, and bringing him off the bench would allow Woodson to keep him fresh for late in the regular season and the postseason.)

Felton, Shumpert, Smith, Anthony, Chandler: This is the Knicks' best five-man unit, in my opinion. It's unlikely to be the team's starting five, though. Woodson likes to have Smith's scoring off the bench. Though it's worth noting that, of the Knicks' five-man lineups that have played at least 50 minutes together, two of the top three in terms of projected win percentage have Smith at shooting guard, according to 82games.com. This is the lineup that will likely be finishing games once everyone is healthy.

Felton, Shumpert, Anthony, Stoudemire, Chandler: This lineup inserts Stoudemire back into the starting five. The issue here, as has been discussed, is the spacing between Stoudemire and Anthony -- and, more importantly, Stoudemire and Chandler. On Thursday, Stoudemire looked extremely strong off the bench, and it appears he'll have continued success taking advantage of overmatched defenders in opponents' second units. So I think he should continue to come off the bench.
    Have at it
    Last edited by Jesse2272; 01-18-2013 at 09:26 PM.

vCash
    I'd personally end the Kidd in the starting lineup decision.

I would like to see Felton/Shumpert/Melo/Amar'e/Tyson to start games.

If we ever get fully healthy I want this to be our final rotation

Raymond Felton
    Iman Shumpert
    Chris Copeland
    Carmelo Anthony
    Tyson Chandler

with

Jason Kidd
    JR Smith
    Steve Novak
    Amar'e Stoudemire
    Marcus Camby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 29$JerZ View Post
    I'd personally end the Kidd in the starting lineup decision.

I would like to see Felton/Shumpert/Melo/Amar'e/Tyson to start games.

If we ever get fully healthy I want this to be our final rotation

Raymond Felton
    Iman Shumpert
    Chris Copeland
    Carmelo Anthony
    Tyson Chandler

with

Jason Kidd
    JR Smith
    Steve Novak
    Amar'e Stoudemire
    Marcus Camb
    y
    This exactly!

Shump, Shump!

vCash
    I dont want Amare to taste a starters role agree 100 wit Jerz, but in transition to full health my starting 5 I listed

vCash
    this is why coach's get paid what they do...........there are some tough decisions in the near future, we've talked about this a long time ago.

I"ve been waiting to see what direction he will go in.

Remember only 12 dress so guys like White , KT, and ??? see I can't even decide that lol........

Now I can't fly my airplane

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    I think we will have a chance to see if Cope/Melo is a good starting duo for the team.

Other than that. Kidd and Amare are better off the bench imo and you gotta hope Wallace can get right.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

vCash
    IDK, I freakin' love the Felton-Kidd backcourt. Those two compliment each other extremely well and its open 3s galore for Kidd. I want Shump's D in the starting unit but I'm not sure thats wise playing him at the 3 against guys like LeBron, Pierce etc...

I would probably start the same unit we played our best ball with - Felton-Kidd-Brew-Melo-Tyson and than let Kidd rest a ton in quarters 2 and 3 while JR and Shump run wild. Say what you want about Brew, but hes a stellar defender at the 3 spot. He gets burned when he plays the 2 but hes a primetime SF defender.

vCash
    Felton
    kidd
    Shump (this should be our regular starting 5)
    Melo
    Tyson

If we need to go big against team like Griz and Bulls

Felton
    shump
    Melo
    Camby
    Tyson

We was winning early in the season with melo at the 4. why change it?

I Love My Team. I Love My City.
    We Are The KnicksTape.

vCash
    I think DLeeth is a neophobe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    IDK, I freakin' love the Felton-Kidd backcourt. Those two compliment each other extremely well and its open 3s galore for Kidd. I want Shump's D in the starting unit but I'm not sure thats wise playing him at the 3 against guys like LeBron, Pierce etc...

I would probably start the same unit we played our best ball with - Felton-Kidd-Brew-Melo-Tyson and than let Kidd rest a ton in quarters 2 and 3 while JR and Shump run wild. Say what you want about Brew, but hes a stellar defender at the 3 spot. He gets burned when he plays the 2 but hes a primetime SF defender.
    This guy belongs at the end of the bench

I Love My Team. I Love My City.
    We Are The KnicksTape.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lamzoka View Post
    You want a guy Mike Woodson said he believes is truly 6'2 to guard LeBron, Pierce, Durant?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lamzoka View Post
    cut for kmart

Shump Shump...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse2272 View Post
    cut for kmart

Shump Shump...
    Shump cannot guard SF's.

Do you guys remember the game last year we switched Shump on Pierce every single time and he would post him up and burn us every single time?

It was either the C's game right before Linsanity or the C's game right before Mike D got canned. Shump can't start against opposing SF's on a nightly basis.

And cutting a G/F for KMart would be stupid, than we'd just be in the same predicament once a couple perimeter guys go down. If you get KMart, you swap him for a big who can't give you quality minutes - either Kurt or Wallace if he can't come back.

vCash
    You guys will change your tune on Brew when were matched up against LeBron in a playoff series.

vCash
    D'Antoni had the stupid Idea of putting shump against Sf's/Pf's
    Should never happen again

He belongs making Pg's dribbling the ball a night mare and against the Wade/Joe J/Allen of the world

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast