Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

NBA admits to blown call for the 2nd time.

This is the second time this season the NBA has released a statement regarding a game deciding call against the Raptors.

Nov. 11

On the final possession of Charlotte’s 98-97 win over Toronto on Nov. 21, the game officials missed a foul by Charlotte’s Michael Kidd-Gilchrist against Toronto’s Andrea Bargnani on a jump shot. Bargnani should have been given two free throws and the clock stopped with approximately 2.4 seconds remaining in the game.
    Today

With one second remaining in the fourth quarter of the Chicago Bulls-Toronto Raptors game on January 16, officials called a foul on Chicago’s Joakim Noah as Toronto’s Amir Johnson gathered the ball while driving to the basket. The officials ruled the foul was on the floor but upon review at the league office, the video replay confirmed that the foul should have been called a shooting foul with Johnson receiving two free throws.
    The Raptors have been a victim of bad officiating in the past, but this season has been extremely bad.

I hope the league wakes up and does something so these things can't happen. I understand you can't get every call right, but when its a game deciding call, they should do something to make it the right call.

vCash
    **** The Refs.
    On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    This is the second time this season the NBA has released a statement regarding a game deciding call against the Raptors.

Nov. 11

Today

The Raptors have been a victim of bad officiating in the past, but this season has been extremely bad.

I hope the league wakes up and does something so these things can't happen. I understand you can't get every call right, but when its a game deciding call, they should do something to make it the right call.
    Not as easy as it sounds with the current rules.

If NBA players had challenges like they did in the NFL, maybe something could be done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Not as easy as it sounds with the current rules.

If NBA players had challenges like they did in the NFL, maybe something could be done.
    Well... thats exactly what I'm trying to say.

vCash
    I wouldn't mind replay challenges for basketball.

vCash
    it's been brutal. And this is only 2 omissions on game deciding plays. What about the other million calls that they've blown that shift momentum, or are clearly 'star calls', not just in raptor games, but league-wide?

vCash
    Yeah this season has been down right brutal for us when it comes to officials. I want to see Casey just lose his **** and get thrown out the next time and since it's almost a game to game thing it could be tonight.

vCash
    Its always the Raps

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I wouldn't mind replay challenges for basketball.
    yeah ...this would be a really good idea ... it works for the NFL and many other sports ... the nba should try something like it

vCash
    Bad calls happen to every team. Excluding the elite teams.

vCash
    Wasn't there another bad call where the ball went out of bounds off Chicago (they called it off Toronto) and after reviewing it they still gave it to the Bulls? I remember the Chicago commentators hoping that the refs would find insufficient evidence so they wouldn't be able to reverse the call.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_ View Post
    Wasn't there another bad call where the ball went out of bounds off Chicago (they called it off Toronto) and after reviewing it they still gave it to the Bulls? I remember the Chicago commentators hoping that the refs would find insufficient evidence so they wouldn't be able to reverse the call.
    Yup, and also the game winner where Deng clearly pushed off before his shot.

vCash
    I like PBT's article on this

------------------------------------------------

You don’t see this very often — the NBA admitting its referees blew it — so savor this moment.

Well, unless you’re a Raptors fans, then this gesture feels pretty empty.

Toronto and Chicago had gone to overtime Wednesday night and it was tied 105-105 when Luol Deng hit a shot that became the game winner. But there were 3.3 seconds left on the clock after that shot and the Raptors had one more chance.

The Raptors inbounded the ball to Amir Johnson at the top of the key, who immediately drove right with Joakim Noah on him. Noah had his right arm on Johnson, then brought his left arm through in a motion to steal the ball and clearly fouled him. Johnson gathered the ball and as he went up for a shot but slipped as he did and threw up a shot that missed. You can see the video by following this link.

The referees called the foul but said it was not in the act of shooting, they would not give the continuation even though Johnson never put the ball back on the floor after the foul and went into a shooting motion. No free throws, ball out of bounds. Jose Calderon got a rushed look at a three that he missed, and the Bulls won.

On Friday, the NBA league office said, “oops, sorry.” Here is the official statement.

“Officials called a foul on Chicago’s Joakim Noah as Toronto’s Amir Johnson gathered the ball while driving to the basket,” the NBA said in a statement. “The officials ruled the foul was on the floor but upon review at the league office, the video replay confirmed that the foul should have been called a shooting foul with Johnson receiving two free throws.”

Johnson is shooting 70 percent from the free throw line this season.

We’ll never know what would have happened. This isn’t getting replayed.

But hey Toronto, chin up — the league said they were wrong. That’s got to make you feel better, right? Right?

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...in-vs-raptors/
    Quarterback Class of 2004 1st Round starters

vCash
    No wonder the Raptors aren't undefeated

Being banned is like going to a correctional facility, it doesn't correct anything, in fact, it makes you worse

vCash
    We better get Wiggins
    We are Anonymous,
    We are Legion,
    We do not forgive,
    We do not forget,
    Expect us

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast