Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Brandon, MB
    Posts
    6,626
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    I'm not saying the "Toronto Raptors" are getting picked on. I'm saying popularity rules the NBA & the Raptors currently have no "Stars".

    Do you have statistical evidence that the Raptors get an abundance of calls on moving screens because I just don't see enough of them called to justify this team leading the league in fouls called. I argue Bosh leaving had a greater impact on the state of this teams "favoritism" on calls for/against more than anything else..

    Fair point in teams not trying could have a reverse effect, I make claim though that half hearted defense could also lead to sloppy defense, which leads to hacks & reach ins. Seeing that it could have an adverse effect as you mentioned, I remove the comment.
    I agree that there is favortism that affects calls. Don't think that Bosh is the major cause of it though. The last season with him on the roster the Raps were called for 1819 fouls, first year without him they were called for 1807. Thats a decrease of 12 and not an increase. First season with Casey as coach compared to Triano (and adjusted to an 82 game schedule) and the Raps were on pace for 1903 fouls committed. They are on pace for a very similar total this year. The difference seems to be Casey and his defense and not so much Bosh.

    As for the offensive fouls the Raps committed almost double the league average of offensive fouls last year which would account for like 50 or 60 extra fouls.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,537
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    If I believed they were admitting to a genuine mistake, then there admittance would be relevant to me. Problem is I don't consider what they are admitting to, a genuine mistake.

    Everyone from owners, players & fans know of the bias that are superstar calls where popularity breaks the rules of officiating, tell me breaking the rules to cater to popularity is a genuine mistake by officials?. This to me is proof of bias that should not exist, the league is fully aware of it & promote it.

    When officials go to video review & still get calls wrong, one begins to question the concept of mistake & ownership.

    I for one can accept ownership on a genuine mistake, however I would be foolish to assume what is occurring over & over, is a stream of honest mistakes. This is not the 1st or 2nd time, it's the 4th game this season the refs in the final mins have cost this team a potential win with their "mistakes" in a year our pick is owed & were not yet at the Allstar break.
    i get what you are saying but to me it's a positive development to see the league admitting mistakes regardless. i don't remember seeing much of this, if any at all, in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,450
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    I agree that there is favortism that affects calls. Don't think that Bosh is the major cause of it though. The last season with him on the roster the Raps were called for 1819 fouls, first year without him they were called for 1807. Thats a decrease of 12 and not an increase. First season with Casey as coach compared to Triano (and adjusted to an 82 game schedule) and the Raps were on pace for 1903 fouls committed. They are on pace for a very similar total this year. The difference seems to be Casey and his defense and not so much Bosh.

    As for the offensive fouls the Raps committed almost double the league average of offensive fouls last year which would account for like 50 or 60 extra fouls.
    What's the fouls for/against?.. your only listing the fouls against.

    Charge/blocking calls, they could go either way. There's not a Raptor fan out there that's not seen this team come up short on blocking & charge calls more often than not.
    Last edited by B2B; 01-19-2013 at 01:41 PM.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,450
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i get what you are saying but to me it's a positive development to see the league admitting mistakes regardless. i don't remember seeing much of this, if any at all, in the past.
    Personally, I've never seen the officiating this bad where the Raptors are concerned, IMO that's saying a lot.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Brandon, MB
    Posts
    6,626
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    What's the fouls for/against?.. your only listing the fouls against.
    Why should I list anything else? You haven't backed up any of your statements with numbers. If you want to bring it up do it yourself. Not here to do work for you. And even if there is a big disparity in the differential most of it probably has to do with changing from a front court that was more aggressive and got the ball more to one that was less aggressive and got the ball less. Don't get me wrong, star calls are annoying and wrong but they have very little to do with the changes in the Raps fouls committed for and against.

    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    Charge/blocking calls, they could go either way. There's not a Raptor fan out there that's not seen this team come up short on blocking & charge calls more often than not.
    And I would argue that there's not a Raptor fan that really looks at it without bias. Basically every fan of every team will say their team gets the short end of reffing the majority of the time. For every bad call or missed call against the Raps I am sure you could go through it for the other team and find an equal amount.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    cardboard box
    Posts
    6,444
    vCash
    1500
    i've come to realize that the refs are horrible league wide

    i find myself yelling at my tv even when im watching other teams (following my fantasy players)

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,537
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    i've come to realize that the refs are horrible league wide

    i find myself yelling at my tv even when im watching other teams (following my fantasy players)
    exactly.

    i'm sorry i can't partake in this pity party, conspiracy theory, whatever you want to call it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    cardboard box
    Posts
    6,444
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    exactly.

    i'm sorry i can't partake in this pity party, conspiracy theory, whatever you want to call it.
    to be fair, i haven't ever been so frustrated with the refs until this year and the refs have been awful coincidentally with the raptors. i don't believe its a conspiracy theory though, just coincidence but they still have been bad with us.

    i think with the new style of reffing, calling flops and illegal screens, etc., it has changed the dynamics of officiating

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    21,175
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    i've come to realize that the refs are horrible league wide

    i find myself yelling at my tv even when im watching other teams (following my fantasy players)
    Like Jack said, "They aren't cheating, they are just incompetent"


    SWAGUEZ!!!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    cardboard box
    Posts
    6,444
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    Like Jack said, "They aren't cheating, they are just incompetent"
    yeah well at least they are consistently incompetent with the rest of the league

    and im just glad this isn't like it is in soccer. that would be the worst although basketball is definitely the 2nd worst when it comes to officiating. this is also coincidental with the fact that basketball is 2nd to soccer when it comes to acting aka flopping, and players do this because they know they can get away with murder.

    its just the way it goes

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,090
    vCash
    1500
    I wonder what the NBA has to say about Alan Anderson getting shoved out of bounds at the end of regulation in the Philly game? That was also a pretty bad "missed call" imo, as the ref had a great view of the play, and Nick Young gave Anderson a blatant 2 hand shove in the back to create that final "turnover" that let them tie the game. Sure the pass shouldn't have been thrown there, and we shouldn't have been in that position, but it was a pretty bad no call that in the end cost us another W.

    I know you can't do anything about it, so focusing on it won't do the Raptors any good, but 3 more wins could be the difference between making or missing the playoffs when it is all said and done..It could be the difference between being "buyers" or "sellers" at the trade deadline..

    I would rather the NBA not admit the incompetence of its refs in these cases. It just adds fuel to the fire imo. Before we just all thought there were bad calls...now we know there was, and the NBA simply does nothing about it.

    I would like some sort of fine/suspension for refs who are found missing these types of things consistently. Maybe then they would make sure they get it right. Not some lame a$$ed admittance of incompetence.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,450
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I wonder what the NBA has to say about Alan Anderson getting shoved out of bounds at the end of regulation in the Philly game? That was also a pretty bad "missed call" imo, as the ref had a great view of the play, and Nick Young gave Anderson a blatant 2 hand shove in the back to create that final "turnover" that let them tie the game. Sure the pass shouldn't have been thrown there, and we shouldn't have been in that position, but it was a pretty bad no call that in the end cost us another W.

    I know you can't do anything about it, so focusing on it won't do the Raptors any good, but 3 more wins could be the difference between making or missing the playoffs when it is all said and done..It could be the difference between being "buyers" or "sellers" at the trade deadline..

    I would rather the NBA not admit the incompetence of its refs in these cases. It just adds fuel to the fire imo. Before we just all thought there were bad calls...now we know there was, and the NBA simply does nothing about it.

    I would like some sort of fine/suspension for refs who are found missing these types of things consistently. Maybe then they would make sure they get it right. Not some lame a$$ed admittance of incompetence.
    The league knowingly promotes the manipulation of officiating for marketing purposes, what do they care about being fair? their admittance is meaningless, backed by the fact nothing will come of it.. things are the way they are meant to be.

    This is a "stars" league. Raptors are a team of no stars.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,179
    vCash
    1500
    Watched the Thunder-Nuggets game last night. The refs seem to be getting worse this year across the board.

    Faried flopped hardcore on the Perkins Flagrant-1.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    49,996
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by albertajaysfan View Post
    Watched the Thunder-Nuggets game last night. The refs seem to be getting worse this year across the board.

    Faried flopped hardcore on the Perkins Flagrant-1.
    In their own defence, guys who are caught flopping now get warnings and fines.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    35,847
    vCash
    1255
    Its hilarious how the refs took so long and tried so hard not to kick Dwight out after his 2nd technical. If Amir Johnson was in that situation they wouldnt think twice before throwing his *** outta the game. That's how u know NBA refs are full of ****

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •