Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    **** this fixed league

vCash
    Just ****ing give us the first overall pick in the 2014 draft, and I'll forgive them.
    Try staring at this picture for more than a minute without getting a headache

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jista View Post
    To be fair how many other times this season has the NBA come out and admited the refs made a mistake ?

As well why shouldn't a thread be created and this issue discussed ?
    2 public, several more privately.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    **** this fixed league
    I find it funny, none ever noticed that though the Raptors could be considered a bad team, they are far from the worst, yet they continue to lead the league year in, year out in fouls & by a wide margin.

In a league that gives beneficial calls to stars, there is proof of bias geared towards popularity. IMO, there's no coincidence despite not being the worst team in the league Raptors continually lead the league in fouls against.

Any coincidence it's worse this year, in a year the pick is owed?.

vCash
    When people made case the NBA risks legal action for the draft being rigged, I did some research & found out they wouldn't, simply because they own the copy right of the draft. The only thing they stand to lose is, integrity. Which at this point isn't much to those who see it already.

It is & remains my opinion, Stern would not leave a Billion dollar business up to luck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    When people made case the NBA risks legal action for the draft being rigged, I did some research & found out they wouldn't, simply because they own the copy right of the draft. The only thing they stand to lose is, integrity. Which at this point isn't much to those who see it already.

It is & remains my opinion, Stern would not leave a Billion dollar business up to luck.
    The only issue I have with conspiracy theorists is when they think they know "exactly" how it's occurring. I don't think the view that the NBA is managed by NBA higher personel in less than honorable ways is a flawed opinion. If Stern goes out of his way to veto trades, throw 1/4 milion dollar fines on coaches for not playing players, why do they assume that he doesn't have a hand in anything else? The NBA didn't change the rules for foul calls after the Detroit/Spurs series for no reason. The main benefactors off those rule changes have been superstars on big market teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzo400 View Post
    The only issue I have with conspiracy theorists is when they think they know "exactly" how it's occurring.
    Making up facts to prove personal beliefs. Difference between opinions & theorist.

Quote Originally Posted by kenzo400 View Post
    I don't think the view that the NBA is managed by NBA higher personel in less than honorable ways is a flawed opinion. If Stern goes out of his way to veto trades, throw 1/4 milion dollar fines on coaches for not playing players, why do they assume that he doesn't have a hand in anything else? The NBA didn't change the rules for foul calls after the Detroit/Spurs series for no reason. The main benefactors off those rule changes have been superstars on big market teams.
    Stern is a former Lawyer, what I did not state in my previous post, I think Lawyers in general lack integrity. Hard for me to imagine this would be an aspect he would bring to the league. IMO He's been great for business, due to a lack of integrity.

vCash
    I find it funny, none ever noticed that though the Raptors could be considered a bad team, they are far from the worst, yet they continue to lead the league year in, year out in fouls & by a wide margin.

In a league that gives beneficial calls to stars, there is proof of bias geared towards popularity. IMO, there's no coincidence despite not being the worst team in the league Raptors continually lead the league in fouls against.

it's ****in pathetic with this **** now. year after year this garbage happens. I'd love to read the rulebook to see if it says that the better players should get the benefit of the calls. I've always thought that the "star call", or "he has to earn that call, he's just a rookie or not a star" thing was a bunch of bull ****. if someone gets hacked on a shot attempt...call it. If someone bowls somebody over on a drive to the basket, call the damn charge. The reffing in this league is a mother****in joke and the league needs to hold these ******* refs accountable. In the end these apologies do jack-**** all. Like whoopdey-doo...who the hell cares if you apologized? doesn't fix ****.

vCash
    darn my silly optimistic nature, i saw the title of this thread and thought people would be celebrating that the NBA admitted a mistake again.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    Is somebody trying to blame tonight's game on the refs? If anything, I think the refs tried to give the game to us.
    They did give us a lot of questionable calls. The last drive Jrue did in regulation should have been a foul on Amir/Ed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    darn my silly optimistic nature, i saw the title of this thread and thought people would be celebrating that the NBA admitted a mistake again.
    If I believed they were admitting to a genuine mistake, then there admittance would be relevant to me. Problem is I don't consider what they are admitting to, a genuine mistake.

Everyone from owners, players & fans know of the bias that are superstar calls where popularity breaks the rules of officiating, tell me breaking the rules to cater to popularity is a genuine mistake by officials?. This to me is proof of bias that should not exist, the league is fully aware of it & promote it.

When officials go to video review & still get calls wrong, one begins to question the concept of mistake & ownership.

I for one can accept ownership on a genuine mistake, however I would be foolish to assume what is occurring over & over, is a stream of honest mistakes. This is not the 1st or 2nd time, it's the 4th game this season the refs in the final mins have cost this team a potential win with their "mistakes" in a year our pick is owed & were not yet at the Allstar break.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mjt20mik View Post
    They did give us a lot of questionable calls. The last drive Jrue did in regulation should have been a foul on Amir/Ed.
    Disagree, Amir IMO went straight up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    it's ****in pathetic with this **** now. year after year this garbage happens. I'd love to read the rulebook to see if it says that the better players should get the benefit of the calls. I've always thought that the "star call", or "he has to earn that call, he's just a rookie or not a star" thing was a bunch of bull ****. if someone gets hacked on a shot attempt...call it. If someone bowls somebody over on a drive to the basket, call the damn charge. The reffing in this league is a mother****in joke and the league needs to hold these ******* refs accountable. In the end these apologies do jack-**** all. Like whoopdey-doo...who the hell cares if you apologized? doesn't fix ****.
    "Star" calls allowed by the league permit the officials to manipulate a game outside the rule book, which is in itself "proof" of a blatant bias by both league & officials geared to popularity. One need not look further for the leagues stance on fairness & ownership of it IMO..

Admitting to something you know your going to let continue, is of no solace.

vCash

This is the second straight year they have led the league in fouls. Before that they didn't. Take into consideration that they brought in a coach who is trying to move from one of the most passive defenses in the league to a hard nosed defense with personel that may not be fit for it. They also have become more dependent on picks with Jose who takes the ball at them before the pick is set, causing a lot of illegal pick calls (a major reason the Raps have led the league in offensive fouls the last couple years). These reasons probably have more to do with the Raps leading the league in fouls then the refs picking on them.

Also, the point about how even though they aren't the worst team in the league they still lead in fouls makes no sense. Usually the worst team/teams in the league don't give a **** about defense and play it half-hearted thus less fouls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    This is the second straight year they have led the league in fouls. Before that they didn't. Take into consideration that they brought in a coach who is trying to move from one of the most passive defenses in the league to a hard nosed defense with personel that may not be fit for it. They also have become more dependent on picks with Jose who takes the ball at them before the pick is set, causing a lot of illegal pick calls (a major reason the Raps have led the league in offensive fouls the last couple years). These reasons probably have more to do with the Raps leading the league in fouls then the refs picking on them.

Also, the point about how even though they aren't the worst team in the league they still lead in fouls makes no sense. Usually the worst team/teams in the league don't give a **** about defense and play it half-hearted thus less fouls.
    I'm not saying the "Toronto Raptors" are getting picked on. I'm saying popularity rules the NBA & the Raptors currently have no "Stars".

Do you have statistical evidence that the Raptors get an abundance of calls on moving screens because I just don't see enough of them called to justify this team leading the league in fouls called. I argue Bosh leaving had a greater impact on the state of this teams "favoritism" on calls for/against more than anything else..

Fair point in teams not trying could have a reverse effect, I make claim though that half hearted defense could also lead to sloppy defense, which leads to hacks & reach ins. Seeing that it could have an adverse effect as you mentioned, I remove the comment.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast