Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Mel Tucker new Bears DC

Three league sources say #Bears are finalizing a deal with Mel Tucker to be the next defensive coordinator
    Sean Jensen
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    And per La Canfora.. .
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Bears are hiring Mel Tucker to be their new defensive coordinator. Being finalized
    Well, I think this confirms the idea that we may eventually move to a hybrid defense.

vCash
    Hello hybrid defense.

NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

vCash
    He ran a 4-3 in Jacksonville. He is a 4-3 guy. We will stay right where we have been the past few years. Cover 2 base with more man and cover 1 looks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    He ran a 4-3 in Jacksonville. He is a 4-3 guy. We will stay right where we have been the past few years. Cover 2 base with more man and cover 1 looks.
    He also ran a 3-4, so I wouldn't necessarily bet on it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    My guess is a slow transition. We will probably see a hybrid soon.

vCash
    Just hope he's an amazing teacher like Trestman promises with all of our staff.

vCash
    Well that was weird, I just read this @RapSheet: RT @MikeJonesWaPo Raheem Morris on Sat will interview with Chicago for DC job, according to a source. #Redskins

Then a minute later, this hiring happened.

I'm really interested to see if Hoke stays now.
    No ideas for the moment.

vCash
    This was published about 15 minutes ago:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ew-with-bears/

When Raheem Morris signed on to coach the Redskins defensive backs before this season, many felt that it would be a temporary stop on the way back up the ladder for the former Buccaneers head coach.

Morris is getting chances to prove those people right. Mike Jones of the Washington Post reports that Morris will interview with the Bears for their defensive coordinator job on Saturday.

Itís the second known interview for Morris this offseason. He met with the Browns about their defensive coordinator position before Cleveland opted to hire former Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton on Friday. Because Morris is under contract, the Redskins would normally not be required to allow him to interview other jobs but reports have indicated that the team agreed to permit him to interview for coordinator jobs when he signed onto Mike Shanahanís staff.

Rod Marinelli, who led the Bears defense in 2011, decided not to remain with the team after Marc Trestman was hired as the teamís head coach. Itís believed he will be heading to Dallas to take a role on Monte Kiffinís defensive staff.

vCash
    Wow, quick google image search and this dude looks mean. Like, don't want to go back to the sidelines after I just got burned-kinda mean.
    i firma muestra !

vCash
    I'm fine with moving to a hybrid if that's what eventually happens. It's worked well for the Ravens, so why can't it work for the Bears?

It's not like it'll happen overnight either. It'll take a few years of drafting & FA before we're ever to that point. I'm guessing we'll see mostly the same D next year anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by weneedpitching View Post
    This was published about 15 minutes ago:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ew-with-bears/
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBears1990 View Post
    Well that was weird, I just read this @RapSheet: RT @MikeJonesWaPo Raheem Morris on Sat will interview with Chicago for DC job, according to a source. #Redskins

Then a minute later, this hiring happened.

I'm really interested to see if Hoke stays now.
    ****ing twitter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    Yeah he did, but he is more of a 4-3 guy. Just listened to Laurence Holmes and Zach Zaidman saying that he is a great fit with this defense and will be a 4-3 guy and most likely stay there. They don't see a transition.

vCash
    Mel Tucker is the DC, Morris may end up interviewing for a positional coach, but the Redskins have to allow him to. But he isn't going to interview for the DC job anymore. Most likely will still interview for something else.

vCash
    Oh snap! This is dope news to see after stuffing my fat face with food lol.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast