Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Last night was sad...

Not because we weren't able to beat the Heat, I am still optimistic that once this team is fully healthy and has gelled together completely, we'll be formidable.

It's because Kobe actually looked old and slow for the first time ever.

Lebron and Wade were dunking all over the place and Kobe couldn't do anything about it or replicate it. It's more like the realization that the end of an era is coming. No matter how much we think Kobe can keep this up, still putting up amazing stats. Last night, his age really showed.

This season is really throwing me off. With such a great roster, we aren't even in the playoffs. Then, Kobe is playing amazing ball. I got kinda lulled into believing Kobe will come back and resign once his current contract is up. Not after last night.

vCash
    well...thats why he said he needs help

vCash
    Kobe admitted that he needs help but he also admitted that he was settling for too many jumpers he said that, that won't happen again and I believe him

Love him or hate him, call him overrated, a punk, chump, and whatever blasphemy you people speak, fact of the matter is there is no denying he's the best of his generation and will go down as a top 5 player ever...what he has done for the NBA is amazing he's the biggest name in basketball all around the world and his chase for number 6 continues! All that matters though to us Laker fans is #17! Lakersnation! #16to17

vCash
    it's sad because Dwight can't even hit the rim on a free throw

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sp1derm00 View Post
    Not because we weren't able to beat the Heat, I am still optimistic that once this team is fully healthy and has gelled together completely, we'll be formidable.

Lebron and Wade were dunking all over the place and Kobe couldn't do anything about it or replicate it. It's more like the realization that the end of an era is coming. No matter how much we think Kobe can keep this up, still putting up amazing stats. Last night, his age really showed.

This season is really throwing me off. With such a great roster, we aren't even in the playoffs. Then, Kobe is playing amazing ball. I got kinda lulled into believing Kobe will come back and resign once his current contract is up. Not after last night.
    He was guarding the best and fastest player for last two games before last night, and yes he is 34 years old...did you see LBJ only starts to guarding Kobe for the last 5 minutes of the game...have you wonder why? Defense burn your fuel much faster than offense. Give Kobe a break!

vCash
    Well he is in his 17 season and we've had him chase around Kyrie and Brandon Jennings the previous two games

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe admitted that he needs help but he also admitted that he was settling for too many jumpers he said that, that won't happen again and I believe him
    Great sig and the words below it are very encouraging and comforting.

vCash
    Kobe just had an off night yesterday. Wade will stop being an elite player far before Kobe.

vCash
    It's not that Wade torched him, it's not that Lebron looked unstoppable... because they did. But that's not why.

It's because Kobe couldn't keep up. He looked really old and slow out there last night.

vCash
    I thought Kobe had a tough game, but played well in the 4th quarter. I think we need not look at Kobe, but at Nash. We need to get a little more from Nash. He is going to be the one who takes the load off of Kobe.

vCash

Did it ever occur to you that they were running a ton of picks on Kobe?The Heat were going right at Kobe (ALMOST) by running single or even double picks on Kobe!!
    We didn't run ONE pick and roll using Wade or LBJ!
    It's very hard to play defense on you man running off constant picks.Plus most of Kobe's offensive sets were 1on1 or late shot clock processions.
    Nash needs to be more aggressive on offense & attack more on P&R's this will space the floor with another scorer.No more P&R'S with Howard 20ft from the basket.HE CAN'T DO A DAMN THING WITH THE BALL THAT FAR AWAY!!
    Thus,this is the reason they doubled Nash,.......and trapped him hard!!

vCash

I know Kobe looked old and helpless

vCash

What is actually sad is that Kobe has to cover for Nash lack of mobility and strength to defend his man or any man and Kobe has to play every night almost the entire games. WHat is sad also is that all the guards from the bench can not defend or play either and Kobe has not a decent back. Also what is actually sad is that last night Gaslow could not hold the fort inside when Howard went to the bench!
    When?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsthornton7 View Post
    I thought Kobe had a tough game, but played well in the 4th quarter. I think we need not look at Kobe, but at Nash. We need to get a little more from Nash. He is going to be the one who takes the load off of Kobe.
    If you think that this going to be possible then you are in the same world with Jimbaco! NAsh has no energy on his legs to get him to play the way he used to play. Lakers were actually almost ready to beat Lerun last night when NAsh was on the bench. LAkers went away from the Gun and Run style!
    When?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    What is actually sad is that Kobe has to cover for Nash lack of mobility and strength to defend his man or any man
    Yeppers.....

Nash doesn't help Kobe in any way offensively either......
    http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/duanevalle/1950Rams2.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast