Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 128
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    2,273
    vCash
    1500
    Matt Flynn sucks. How can you base his one game as a starter to his entire career? He freaking lost his job to a rookie 3rd rounder! 3rd rounder! It's not like it was a top ten QB. His contract or his play isn't worth the pick we would have to give up to get him. I think now if Geno falls to the Jets will take him and he'll be pretty good with Marty because this dude is a very accurate passer, with tons of athleticism and potential. Kind of reminds me of a Cam Newton type more so than a RGIII, Wilson, Vick type.

    Desean "Jet" Jackson

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,474
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNation24 View Post
    Matt Flynn sucks. How can you base his one game as a starter to his entire career? He freaking lost his job to a rookie 3rd rounder! 3rd rounder! It's not like it was a top ten QB. His contract or his play isn't worth the pick we would have to give up to get him. I think now if Geno falls to the Jets will take him and he'll be pretty good with Marty because this dude is a very accurate passer, with tons of athleticism and potential. Kind of reminds me of a Cam Newton type more so than a RGIII, Wilson, Vick type.
    Well how can you base that he sucks if he hasn't gotten playing time? Because he got beat by Russell Wilson? Russell Wilson is a special talent. And he only got better as the year went. Did you see his performance last week? The guy single-handedly brought them out of a 20-0 hole and gave them the lead with 30 something seconds left. I don't understand why people say that. "Oh he couldn't even beat out a 3rd round pick." But he was an exceptional 3rd round pick.

    And then you go on to say that you want Geno because he might be like that 3rd round pick. Doesn't make much sense to me. And as far as Geno goes. I wouldnt take him #9. Maybe if he somehow fell to the 2nd rd (which I highly doubt)

    I'm not sold on Flynn either but I'm open to almost anything at this point. And from what I've seen from him in mop up duty this season I think he looks like a competent Qb that at the very least could challenge Sanchez. And it's not like there's much to choose from. Vick? I'll pass. Alex Smith? I'll pass. Matt Moore or Chad Henne? I'll pass. The only other qb worth trading for would have been Cousins but he isn;t going anywhere now that RGIII is injured.

    Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    64
    vCash
    1500
    And to think the Jets were thinking about taking Wilson in the third round last year! Oh well

    I wouldn't mind going out and getting Flynn. If it doesn't cost too much, he can't be worse than Sanchez

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,474
    vCash
    1500
    And he said they were interested in Kaepernick. I'm like really? And you couldn't figure out how to get one these guys? It's depressing when I think about it.

    Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,474
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    No chance. Why would he want to bring the QB who sucked for him this year, and cost him his job?

    Jeff Garcia had his best seasons with Morningwood as his OC. I think if anyone can help Sanchez, he can.
    lol I've been pronouncing it Morningwig but that has a better ring to it. Morningwood is a lot easier on the tongue.

    Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,196
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjflightboy#10 View Post
    lol I've been pronouncing it Morningwig but that has a better ring to it. Morningwood is a lot easier on the tongue.
    my wife agrees.....


    Love the hire

    Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    502
    vCash
    1500
    Like the hire. I wanted Mike Martz but at least "The Weg" brings a "system" to our team that we can build considering the only returning starters are mangold brick tone and mark. IMO opinion its like a blank slate and you dont have players from an old system that dont quite fit the new.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    502
    vCash
    1500
    and best part to me is that Mark has always done great when there is a pace and a rhythm. Just look at his 2 minute drill success or his play making ability when he gets OUTSIDE the pocket. I think its fits him perfect and will the the true test to see if his time here in NY is over.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,152
    vCash
    1500
    The only thing Sanchez and Garcia have in common is their spanish last names, and the fact they both come from California. Garcia was a very intelligent player who had little to work with as far as physical tools are concerned. Whereas Sanchez seems to be dumb as s ***, rich as f *** and proud of it. He has the pedigree to be a good QB but makes way too many mental errors. His accuracy problems lie in the fact that he gets flustered way too easily.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    502
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattty Drips View Post
    The only thing Sanchez and Garcia have in common is their spanish last names, and the fact they both come from California. Garcia was a very intelligent player who had little to work with as far as physical tools are concerned. Whereas Sanchez seems to be dumb as s ***, rich as f *** and proud of it. He has the pedigree to be a good QB but makes way too many mental errors. His accuracy problems lie in the fact that he gets flustered way too easily.
    You would be flustered to if you go hit every time you dropped back to make a throw.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    502
    vCash
    1500
    Im not making excuses for the guy just saying everyone has to be fair in there judgements. Look at the top passers in the league and look at there completion % and then there pressured, Hit, and sacked stats.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,152
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan10 View Post
    You would be flustered to if you go hit every time you dropped back to make a throw.
    Me? Yes. But with a little coaching and in game experience maybe I'd be able to read a defence and audible my protections accordingly. But probably not.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    2,273
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjflightboy#10 View Post
    Well how can you base that he sucks if he hasn't gotten playing time? Because he got beat by Russell Wilson? Russell Wilson is a special talent. And he only got better as the year went. Did you see his performance last week? The guy single-handedly brought them out of a 20-0 hole and gave them the lead with 30 something seconds left. I don't understand why people say that. "Oh he couldn't even beat out a 3rd round pick." But he was an exceptional 3rd round pick.

    And then you go on to say that you want Geno because he might be like that 3rd round pick. Doesn't make much sense to me. And as far as Geno goes. I wouldnt take him #9. Maybe if he somehow fell to the 2nd rd (which I highly doubt)

    I'm not sold on Flynn either but I'm open to almost anything at this point. And from what I've seen from him in mop up duty this season I think he looks like a competent Qb that at the very least could challenge Sanchez. And it's not like there's much to choose from. Vick? I'll pass. Alex Smith? I'll pass. Matt Moore or Chad Henne? I'll pass. The only other qb worth trading for would have been Cousins but he isn;t going anywhere now that RGIII is injured.
    Alright I never said Geno was similar I actually said the opposite so you should try reading that again. Then you say I haven't seen Flynn play. Well don't you think there's a reason behind that? The point is about the whole Flynn loosing out to a 3rd round pick thing is that he was signed there to start and lost his job to a guy who is completely new to this league. How would you feel if the Jets signed Flynn to a a pretty big deal for who he is and our 3rd round pick beat him out for the job? I'd think wow clearly we just wasted tons of money on this guy.
    Last edited by JetsNation24; 01-19-2013 at 11:39 AM.

    Desean "Jet" Jackson

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    502
    vCash
    1500
    gmac in his 1 start was 58% passing for 185 and 1 pick. He was a high 60's Qb in college but he was sacked 11 times! humm thats the same line mark played behind for 15 games ask Gmac if he has happy feet now!

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    502
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattty Drips View Post
    Me? Yes. But with a little coaching and in game experience maybe I'd be able to read a defence and audible my protections accordingly. But probably not.
    umm thats the problem im talking about who has going to protect him? Apparently you never saw on youtube the cilp of Mark this year IN GAME walk to the line 3 times POINT out the linebacker tap Moore on the back and point again at that same linebacker only to snap the ball and get smacked silly by that same linebacker on the 2nd step of a 3 step drop.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •