• Lawrence Frank

3 50.00%
  • Lawrence Frank

2 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    vCash
    @vgoodwill
    Prince on Drummond's progress: "I'm totally surprised. Some guys aren't practice players. He's totally different in practice than in games."
    TP on Drummond: "We get in the game&the floor is wide open, his athleticism takes over the game. In camp he was struggling finding openings.
    Prince said credit must be given to assistant coach Roy Rogers, who has worked with Drummond constantly from the start of camp.
    ‏@Vincent_Ellis56

More Prince: "I think it's because the court is so small in practice. We in the key, defensive three seconds.
    More Prince: Ain't nothing going to be called. It's so tight in there, those rolls to lane aren't there as much."
    More Prince: "We're in the game is athleticism just takes over because the floor is so wide open." #Pistons
    Last edited by Gators123; 01-20-2013 at 11:38 PM.

vCash
    ‏@vgoodwill
    Drummond on the hack-a-dre: "Jason Terry walked up to me and said, 'I'm about to foul you'. I'm like 'No you're not' but he grabbed me."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    yeah but losing moose would be a big step backwards.Dumars is a idiot but I would have to imagine when the time comes for Drummond to get paid that one way or another hes not going anywhere.
    I hope the FO figures something out because Drum is priority #1 for me, followed by Moose. I want to say Knight as priority #3 but idunno. At least we have time to figure this out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    15/11/5 on 50% shooting for Monroe vs a quality team

So....shy or mayo?
    I didn't watch the game. Who played center for Boston tonight?

vCash
    yeah but losing moose would be a big step backwards.Dumars is a idiot but I would have to imagine when the time comes for Drummond to get paid that one way or another hes not going anywhere.
    Bro Lool

Losing Monroe is not a huge step backwards.. Losing a center or a point guard is a HUGE step backwards

vCash
    And losing Davis isn't nearly as bad as losing White. Could you imagine where the Rockets would be right now without him?

Quote Originally Posted by ACanadian View Post
    Nope Val shot better from the FT line, that cancels out all other stats.
    Toronto fan on why JVal is better than Drummond.

vCash

vCash
    I wish we would have drafted Jrue Holiday.

vCash
    Monroe is awesome I dont understand how some of our fan base dont like him.
    I never said i don't like him, i do and i would love to see more of a drummond and monroe combination, i just hate the fact he is so bad at defense and how he lets everyone just beat him with ease

Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    15/11/5 on 50% shooting for Monroe vs a quality team

So....shy or mayo?
    Wow really? Why'd you bring my name up w/ those stats? when did I diss on his assists, rebounding and him scoring points? I said he can't box people out, he is clumsy and slow footed and an un-athletic player with bad defense. Am I wrong? I'm stating facts. jeeze
    Don't believe me? Look at articles written about him, they state the same stuff I say he is

vCash
    It's weird with Monroe, it's almost like he's half asleep out there, then he'll randomly have a quick burst and it's like dude why can't you do that more often?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shyfly24 View Post
    I never said i don't like him, i do and i would love to see more of a drummond and monroe combination, i just hate the fact he is so bad at defense and how he lets everyone just beat him with ease

Wow really? Why'd you bring my name up w/ those stats? when did I diss on his assists, rebounding and him scoring points? I said he can't box people out, he is clumsy and slow footed and an un-athletic player with bad defense. Am I wrong? I'm stating facts. jeeze
    Don't believe me? Look at articles written about him, they state the same stuff I say he is
    Name three bigs in NBA history who could score, pass, and rebound at an elite level who were athletic with quick feet...

vCash
    Saying Unathletic and Bad at defense in the same sentence is just redundundundant. In the days of superathletes, defense is 90% athleticism, 10% understand of the game. Monroe shines in understanding of how to guard people in the post, but good offense beats good defense any day so he wins some and loses some. He also can't contest a jumpshot. He makes people make tough shots against him, which the only post offensive players in the game can do because it seems you're either great in the post or terrible in today's NBA. He can't help and recover very well, and he can't guard the pick and roll effectively.

Fortunately, MOST of these problems on defense will be covered up by Drummond's mere presence.

Quote Originally Posted by ACanadian View Post
    Nope Val shot better from the FT line, that cancels out all other stats.
    Toronto fan on why JVal is better than Drummond.

vCash
    Speaking of defense, we rank 14th defensively. Best since the 07-08 season!

vCash
    Monroes January stat-

17 PPG (51% FG)
    11 RPG
    3.6 APG

Last 5 games-

16.4 PPG (55% FG)
    11.4 RPG
    4.2 APG

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey#3 View Post
    Name three bigs in NBA history who could score, pass, and rebound at an elite level who were athletic with quick feet...
    wow why do you guys always constantly say "name 80 players that can do this that our players can't ..."

What do other players and what they do have to do w/ our team? Those players do stuff that are needed for their team. Our team needs defense since we don't have a consistent offensive player that can get us easy points everytime. We need that and ball movement, thats how we won in 2004.

And are you saying Monroe is scoring, rebounding and assisting at an elite level??

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomenonsense View Post
    Saying Unathletic and Bad at defense in the same sentence is just redundundundant. In the days of superathletes, defense is 90% athleticism, 10% understand of the game. Monroe shines in understanding of how to guard people in the post, but good offense beats good defense any day so he wins some and loses some. He also can't contest a jumpshot. He makes people make tough shots against him, which the only post offensive players in the game can do because it seems you're either great in the post or terrible in today's NBA. He can't help and recover very well, and he can't guard the pick and roll effectively.

Fortunately, MOST of these problems on defense will be covered up by Drummond's mere presence.
    No, defense wins championships, not offense. What happens when we play drummond and monroe together w/ monroe at the pf spot and other teams go small? Monroe can't guard a stretch 4. He can barely keep up w/ centers in the league, imagine what a stretch 4 would do to him.

exactly, he can't gaurd teh pick and roll, he is a horrible help side defender, can't box out, can't contest a jumpshot, slow, how do you win with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Gators123 View Post
    Monroes January stat-

17 PPG (51% FG)
    11 RPG
    3.6 APG

Last 5 games-

16.4 PPG (55% FG)
    11.4 RPG
    4.2 APG
    Dude remember how you were posting stuckeys "amazing" stats a month ago? Why don't you post those any more? What has stuckey done recently? Stop posting crap over a small sample size that means nothing if he can't do it consistently for an entire season.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910