Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Jets officially Hire John Idzik as GM

So Jason La Canfora just tweeted this "The Jets have hired John Idzik, formerly of the Seahawks, as their new GM. Done deal. Negotiations are complete."

Boom! We finally have a GM. Now lets go get an OC

vCash
    finally and good hire even though i know cimini will somehow degrade him

vCash
    Horrible signing imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaruSoul View Post
    Horrible signing imo.
    I think your unhappy with it due to the lack of personnel background, but with a strong scouting team we should be fine. I like the idea of a fresh face, hopefully it brings good things.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Finally I can rest knowing Mr T isn't giving our draft picks away!!

PSD"S JETS FORUM SURVIVOR LEAGUE CHAMPION 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    I think your unhappy with it due to the lack of personnel background, but with a strong scouting team we should be fine. I like the idea of a fresh face, hopefully it brings good things.
    Yup. I obviously hope for the best, but we need a football guy, not another guy that is good with numbers.

vCash
    Yup. I obviously hope for the best, but we need a football guy, not another guy that is good with numbers.
    He does have personnel experience.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Feeling is 50/50 on good hire/bad hire ... I guess only time will tell

If he brings his great scouting team with him I will be more optimistic ... I would like to see him make a statement early by cutting expiring bad contracts (Scott,pace ,etc)

FROM COUNTRY ROADS TO THE BIG APPLE .. FLIGHT GENO , READY FOR DEPARTURE

vCash
    yeah but maybe the football guys are too smart to come into this mess. besides, Woody is a business man and I guess he wants his team financial situation be in order. Anyhow, my weak theory, Jon Gruden in 2014? Since this guy had ties with him during the Tampa years. I'm sure with Gruden, he'll evaluate and bring in a legitimate QB to compete.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    He does have personnel experience.
    Idzik has been with the Seahawks since 2007 and currently holds the title of vice president of football administration. His responsibilities include overseeing the team’s contract negotiations and compliance with the salary cap as well as dealing with all football operations budgets.

That paints Idzik as a cap guy, similar to Tannenbaum, although Idzik has also been involved with player personnel decisions during his time with Seattle.
    Seems pretty similar to Tanny to me.

vCash
    I understand the reasoning of your point of view, but if the numbers aren't settled, the Jets would not be able to keep the best personnel on their team. Yes, a cap guy got the Jets in to the situation, but I feel it was just a terrible wager on Mr. T's part. He gambled with Sanchez's extension and he lost.

Hopefully this guy can make the smart decisions to make this team serviceable next year
    Twitter: SteveMcG87

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSleepTill View Post
    yeah but maybe the football guys are too smart to come into this mess. besides, Woody is a business man and I guess he wants his team financial situation be in order. Anyhow, my weak theory, Jon Gruden in 2014? Since this guy had ties with him during the Tampa years. I'm sure with Gruden, he'll evaluate and bring in a legitimate QB to compete.
    We just had a money man in Tanny, I don't think our financial situation is in order. It's not as bad as some people make it out to be, but it sure as hell isn't good.

vCash
    Seems pretty similar to Tanny to me.
    He's not.
    Played and coached, and he's been scouting of late.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē

vCash
    I'm on my iPhone, taking the train, I'll change the title later.

vCash
    I'm fine with it. Would have went the personnel route but this guy is fine. You guys acting like Tannenbaum was the worst thing ever because he came from the business side are being silly. In fact, you guys acting like Tannenbaum in general was the worst thing ever are being silly. But I'll ignore that. Overall, I wanted Popp. CFL fan... I've seen a lot of what he has done and he has truly built a dominant team in the CFL and I don't think that means he can't do it in the NFL. He'll be somewhere else soon though.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast