Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Poor Clyde Christensen.

The year he's OC we go 2-14.

Then when Chuck is hired, he gets demoted back to QB's coach.

Now with the opportunity for a promotion, (it appears) Grigson probably didn't even have him on the list of people he wanted to interview. A one day turnaround to find a new OC? Bravo Ryan.

#iubb

vCash
    I honestly like this guy more than Arians. Luck will not be hit a million times this year!
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash

Somewhere, Andrew Luck is smiling.

No sooner had the Indianapolis Colts quarterback lost one trusted offensive coordinator than he was reunited with another Friday.

Pep Hamilton, who worked with Luck during Luck’s final two seasons at Stanford, is the successor to Bruce Arians, who left the Colts after one season to become the Arizona Cardinals head coach.

Stanford coach David Shaw insisted the Cardinal’s loss of their offensive coordinator is the Colts’ gain.

“We knew this day was coming at some point for Pep,” he said in a phone interview Friday night with The Star. “I’m excited No. 1 for him and his family to be in such a great situation. I’m also excited for the Colts family.

“You’re getting a guy first and foremost who knows how to train quarterbacks. You’re getting a guy who knows how to attack defenses and you’re getting a guy who is passionate about the game of football.”

Shaw added he had talked briefly with Luck about being reunited with Hamilton.

“He (Luck) is excited,” Shaw said. “He and Pep have a good relationship. They know each other so well that there’s not going to be that feeling-out period.

“They’re both going to want to hit the ground running when the offseason begins and just get back after it.”

Colts general manager Ryan Grigson said earlier in the week he and coach Chuck Pagano were prepared to turn to Plan B if Arians took a head coaching position.
    They moved swiftly, and with good reason. Hamilton was interviewing for the head coaching vacancy at Oregon when they settled on him.

While the addition of Hamilton should facilitate Luck’s transition to a new coordinator, it’s uncertain how much offensive change Hamilton will bring with him from Stanford.

The Cardinal utilized a West Coast offense — a shorter passing game based on timing between the quarterback and receivers — that incorporated a power-running game and deep passes off play-action. Arians emphasized the ground attack in 2012, but was an aggressive play-caller who constantly pushed the ball down the field.

Luck set NFL rookie records with 4,374 yards and 627 pass attempts, and his 12.9 yards-per-completion was near the top of the league. What suffered, though, was Luck’s completion percentage: 54.1, which ranked No. 33 in the league. He was sacked 41 times and had 18 interceptions.

As a senior under Hamilton’s guidance at Stanford, Luck completed 71.3 percent of his passes and averaged 12.2 per completion. He had 37 touchdowns and 10 interceptions, and the offense set school records with 561 points and 6,361 total yards.

Stanford supported Luck with a relentless running game. In 2011, the Cardinal ran 518 times, averaging 210.6 yards per game, while passing on 417 occasions.

In the pass-first NFL, the Colts passed early and often in Luck’s rookie season. His 627 attempts were the 14th-most in league history and second-most in club history; Peyton Manning set the record (679) in 2010.

Stanford, insisted Shaw, “wasn’t just three yards and a cloud of dust. Pep’s experience is very diverse as far as handling offenses. He’s done a very good job of taking things from every place he’s been.

“I know he’s excited to work with Andrew again. Hopefully they have Reggie Wayne back for another year. I know they have some young, explosive receivers, some young, explosive tight ends. I saw where the running game started to pick up late in the year.”

Luck isn’t the only Colts player with knowledge of Hamilton. Tight end Coby Fleener and wide receiver Griff Whalen also are Stanford products.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2013...ew-coordinator
    Last edited by sfgiants1213; 01-19-2013 at 12:27 AM.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Clyde Christensen should've got the oc job smh...............................

*laughs*

GOOD HIRE!

vCash
    You said something positive!

I guess this really was a great hire.

<3

vCash
    hopefully Fleener will be better under this system next season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerlive View Post
    Huh?
    He was with the Jets for 3 years Chicago, San Fransico 49ers and with Stanford.
    2000 Kansas City Chiefs --Summer Coaching Intern
    2001 Washington Redskins --Summer Coaching Intern
    2002 Baltimore Ravens --Pro Personnel Intern
    2003 New York Jets --Offensive Quality Control
    2004-05 New York Jets --Offensive Assistant/Quarterbacks
    2006 San Francisco 49ers --Offensive Assistant/Quarterbacks
    2007-09 Chicago Bears --Quarterbacks
    2010 Stanford --Wide Receivers
    2011-12 Stanford --Andrew Luck Director of Offense
    Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks

Six years pro coaching experience(7, if you count "Offensive Quality Control" position with the Jets), 9 years coaching experience overall. Compare that to Arians or Norv Turner. Even Aaron Kromer, who is the Bears new OC, has 20 years experience. The only recent hire with less experience is the OC in KC, but he was a former player who worked as QB coach with Andy Reid in Philly.
    Clearly, Hamilton was hired due to his relationship with Luck. I'm not saying it's a bad hire, just that his experience is much less than most of the other candidates. Just like I didn't like Bill Polian handing the job to his son, I am a little skeptical when someone is hired for reasons other than experience/job performance.

vCash
    No complaints on my end. Whatever keeps Andrew happy and keeps his progression going forward.

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnTChance View Post

Six years pro coaching experience(7, if you count "Offensive Quality Control" position with the Jets), 9 years coaching experience overall. Compare that to Arians or Norv Turner. Even Aaron Kromer, who is the Bears new OC, has 20 years experience. The only recent hire with less experience is the OC in KC, but he was a former player who worked as QB coach with Andy Reid in Philly.
    Clearly, Hamilton was hired due to his relationship with Luck. I'm not saying it's a bad hire, just that his experience is much less than most of the other candidates. Just like I didn't like Bill Polian handing the job to his son, I am a little skeptical when someone is hired for reasons other than experience/job performance.
    He wasnt hired 'clearly' due to his relationship with Luck. To say he was hired for reason other than experience/job performance isnt accurate. He was hired for other reasons other as well as experience/job perfomance. If he wasnt good at his job he wouldnt have been considered for Oregons HC position.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    You said something positive!

I guess this really was a great hire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnTChance View Post

You also are forgetting the other fact...most of the guys you mentioned have lost jobs due to poor performance. This isn't handing a guy a job, this is hiring an up and coming young coach who honestly I have heard nothing bad about and runs an offense our QB is obviously comfortable with...this is a coach who can and will grow...why bring in a guy that wants to mold our young players into his mold and then leave at the next big job?

Why not grab one that will utilize our 2 big TEs, our QB correctly, and also has a style that fits Ballard? This is revolutionary, we got an OC to fit our personnel rather than try to fit our personnel into a system that a re tread tries to force down their throats.

What did you think of the Pagano hire? He had only been in the NFL since 2001 with a stop at UNC in there as well and only had been a DC for one year....I thought it was a great hire because it was a fresh face and a new take rather than the same tired old guys being recycled....and it worked out for us so far about 2-3 years ahead of schedule.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 01-19-2013 at 01:57 PM.

vCash
    I'm just wondering who will be playing FB in the Spider 2 Y Banana?

vCash
    Hopefully Colts gm bring in a real fullback for crying out loud....The Colts need to sign a good #2 corner!!!

BYE BYE B.A!!!!!!!

vCash
    Well draft Stephan Taylor than sign Jacob Hester

vCash
    The key to everything regardless of which Offense we had either stayed with or have now is the O'line. I will be surprised if at least two starters aren't signed in Free Agency?
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast