Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Is this Brook Lopez best year as a player ?

I was having a discussion saying how his 2nd season in the league was his best all around play ; that only his fg % was up by 2 and block up by 1. They're saying he is a way better defender now and etc but a lot of players have improved but their improvements haven't shown up in the stats like a Blake Griffin for example. So am i wrong by this stance ? I will agree that he has been the most consistent Net this year.

vCash
    best center in the east by far

It takes a real LEGEND to win a championship in Brooklyn, and I think we've found that special person. Deron Williams only a matter of time before the gold comes home. If there is one guy who can do it, its you! We love you Deron and hope you retire in Brooklyn!

vCash
    he's having an allstar yr. He's actually an anchor in the paint defense. He's not Noah defense or Tyson Chandler but he's very good. Offensively there's no center in the game better at him, and he's still learning. So yeh this is his career breakthrough season.
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    He played 82 games back then, thats prolly the biggest benefit but hes clearly been better this year. Look at his per minute stats. Hes putting up the same numbers in less time, that can only happen by virtrue of improvement.

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    but he sucks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by domefavors View Post
    false

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 78 Yards: 1,207 TD: 10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    he's having an allstar yr. He's actually an anchor in the paint defense. He's not Noah defense or Tyson Chandler but he's very good. Offensively there's no center in the game better at him, and he's still learning. So yeh this is his career breakthrough season.
    Props for a Knicks fan giving a nets player props

njnets is offline JerseyStrongBrooklynReady
    vCash
    i watch many nets games and his defensive presence is much better this year than any of his other years. the numbers represent it as well.

besides blocks, he is actually altering a lot of shots as well. his rebounding is still a concern but he has been doing a solid job and the PF for the nets really help in that department as well.

offensively, his jumper is really expanding his game and he is becoming better as well, even if the shots look awkward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Commissioner Stern is stern. Stern, but fair.

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    You either have to deal with tornados or Snookie. Either way your gonna get sucked and blown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    Homer much? Great year, NOT best center in the East, by far.

Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    In 30-40 years Nets will have the most championships in NBA history, you can quote me on it. Nobody has an owner like mine.

Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    Fact is I would take Brook over Dwight, I wanted Dwight over Brook for this team because Nets have two 20 point scorers in JJ and Deron but if I was starting a team it would be Brook he is more of a franchise player.

vCash
    you people didnt even vote him in the last 2 years on PSD top 10 centers. some said he isnt a top 20 center.

It takes a real LEGEND to win a championship in Brooklyn, and I think we've found that special person. Deron Williams only a matter of time before the gold comes home. If there is one guy who can do it, its you! We love you Deron and hope you retire in Brooklyn!

vCash
    Best center in the East? NO

Best offensive center in basketball? I'd be willing to go out on a limb and say yes.

Lets just say if the Dwight-BKN rumors start back up, I think it's LA who would have to build a package around Dwight to get Brook and not the other way around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbomba26 View Post

Best offensive center in basketball? I'd be willing to go out on a limb and say yes.

Lets just say if the Dwight-BKN rumors start back up, I think it's LA who would have to build a package around Dwight to get Brook and not the other way around.
    Lol @ the notion of adding to Dwight to get Lopez.

vCash
    you people didnt even vote him in the last 2 years on PSD top 10 centers. some said he isnt a top 20 center.
    there was a reason for that... (>_>)

Lopez regressed for 2 consecutive years from his already weak rebounding and defense. Plus, He played all of 5 games last year.

So, he was already low to start with...then is out a whole season and the few games that he does play are even worse than his previous two years.

You have to understand that its about trends and what have you done now. Look at Melo. one bad year, in which he only played badly for like 3 months (out of the 6 that the NBA season has) and people dropped him out of their top 10's and into the #15-30 rank.

And Lopez doesn't have the resume that Melo had.

As for another thing...I don't think anyone every disputed Lopez' offense. I think everyone thought he was one of the better offensive centers. Its just his defense was bad and rebounding horrid.

But his offense has improved and his defense has improved to acceptable levels.

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbomba26 View Post

wut? nah...not yet, at least. Dwight is still "The Name" in this and trust me, you pay for that.

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Props for a Knicks fan giving a nets player props
    He is a Brooklyn net fan....
    Brook is having a good year, but his defense is not great, so can you call him the best center for lack of defense? Don't know.....
    Last edited by javsvt; 01-18-2013 at 08:14 PM.

I honestly dont think Knicks are good but thats me, maybe thats cause I dont watch them they are boring to me and Nets already beat them.
    Classic DMF.....

Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    We have our foot on the Bulls throats with a gun pointed between their eyes. Now we are about to pull the trigger.
    Classic wavey......

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast