Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xk4 View Post
    If we're ranking 2013 stats, I guess you can argue Rondo is #12
    OMFG. What stats would these be? He's leading the NBA in assists. Are you serious?? 12th???

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    2013 NBA Point Guard stats:

Rondo #1 in assists
    Rondo #2 in FG%
    Rondo #2 in rebounds
    Rondo #7 in steals
    Rondo #1 in double doubles
    Rondo #1 in triple doubles

OK, newly named, I've lost all respect for your judgement xk4, and the I've already lost all respect for your judgement years ago bags -- why again do you guys feel he should be ranked 11th and 12th in point guards??

vCash
    Funny, how the 12th best point guard in the league was voted in as the starting PG in the all star game.

vCash
    Hey, chill out. I agree Rondo is among the top 5, but you CAN argue that his low scoring totals, weak 3pt and FT shooting are detriments when ranking PGs on a purely statistical basis.

You purposely left those stats out in your last post btw

vCash
    Congrats to Rondo he plays hard he deserves this recognition, but if Rose was playing, this would have never happened, with all due respect to Rondo, his spot would have been Rose's.
    The name is Amendola....

...Danny Amendola

vCash
    Hey, chill out. I agree Rondo is among the top 5, but you CAN argue that his low scoring totals, weak 3pt and FT shooting are detriments when ranking PGs on a purely statistical basis.

You purposely left those stats out in your last post btw
    What I gave was evidence enough. You have absolutely no basis AT ALL for placing him as the 12th best in the league. His 13PPG, and low FT and 3 point percentage do not drop him out of the top 10. That's just laughable and makes you lose all cred and sound like bags.

vCash
    They aren't my stats, they are compiled by other people, probably mathematics majors. These stats weigh the players overall contribution and rank them accordingly.

Not everything can be measured, but if the premise was Rondo is #12 based on his stats alone then there is plenty of evidence of this

You're having a tantrum dude.

vCash

vCash
    Glad to know you hold John Hollinger's geek math and some ridiculous "NBA player rating" in higher regard than assists per game. Hollinger's never stepped on an NBA court. Magic Johnson says Rondo's the best all around PG in the league. I've got Magic and we obviously know who you value higher.

vCash
    You're having a tantrum dude.
    If that's what you want to name it. I name it calling out ridiculous posts. If you think Rondo's the 12th best PG in the league, you have some severe problems with watching and identifying excellent point guard play out on the court. That is where the game is played, on the court, not on John Hollinger's chalk board. ESPN uses PER because THEY EMPLOYED JOHN HOLLINGER!!

vCash
    Do me a favor. Go to your 2nd link here, and click on "ALL". If you think this makes Rondo the 12th best point guard in the league based on PER, than when you click on "ALL", you will also see that this FLAWED ratings system has Brook Lopez as the 4th best player in the league, and ...... wait ..... this is the best part ..... drum roll please ............................. Andray Blatche is the 9th best player in all of basketball!! He's just that much better than the 10th place Dwyane Wade!!

Great stat you've chosen to base your NBA players' ability on, my friend. A great one for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    PG ranks in the NBA:

1. Paul
    2. Parker
    3. Westbrook
    4. Curry
    5. DWill
    6. Conley
    7. Hill
    8. Calderon
    9. Irving
    10. Lowry
    11. Rondo

On 12/24 Rondo was easily ahead of Irving, DWill, and Calderon, and a couple more.
    lolno. That's rediculous.

1.) Paul
    2.) Rose
    3.) Westbrook
    4.) Deron
    5.) Parker
    6a.) Rondo
    6b.) Irving

Calderon? Calderon?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    Do me a favor. Go to your 2nd link here, and click on "ALL". If you think this makes Rondo the 12th best point guard in the league based on PER, than when you click on "ALL", you will also see that this FLAWED ratings system has Brook Lopez as the 4th best player in the league, and ...... wait ..... this is the best part ..... drum roll please ............................. Andray Blatche is the 9th best player in all of basketball!! He's just that much better than the 10th place Dwyane Wade!!

Great stat you've chosen to base your NBA players' ability on, my friend. A great one for sure.
    because one stat means everything right? Picking one stat and and trying to say that it's the end all statistic is ****ing ********, whether your being sarcastic or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    because one stat means everything right? Picking one stat and and trying to say that it's the end all statistic is ****ing ********, whether your being sarcastic or not.
    Thanks for backing my point up. He was using one stat (PER). He was serious when he said an argument for Rondo being 12th best PG is because he's 12th on the PER list. Scroll back up several posts because maybe you missed how many categories I pointed out that Rondo was leading in, and what I was basing my point on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    2.) Rose
    Hard to be #2 at anything when you haven't stepped foot on the court all season.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast