Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is it a good choice, and time to move on?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

2 20.00%
  • No.

7 70.00%
  • I don't care.

1 10.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Lets fire our Gm and hire Charles Barkley as our Gm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Suns4ever67 View Post
    Gentry is a good coach, but the team just quit on him last week, so his time finally game. I think the plan going forward is to partially gut the team to bring in a star, get in the lottery to draft another good player, and then sign another star in FA.

I really want to see Wesley Johson get 12-15 minutes a game. I really think he can play, but he's just not getting time. He's an elite defender and has improved his shot the past 2 seasons. He just needs to find a comfort zone.
    I thought I heard on last nights broadcast that the plan is to eventually give Wes 20-25 min a game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    I thought I heard on last nights broadcast that the plan is to eventually give Wes 20-25 min a game.
    I heard the same thing but he wasnt played those min. Gentry didnt want to give marshal or wes a chance on the floor.

vCash
    I saw Wes play a little against the Bulls. Man, he came out of nowhere to block a shot. His jumper looked better, but he's pressing a little. If he shows some good stuff, we can sign him to the vet minimum or trade as an expiring. Either way, it's a win-win if we play him.

vCash
    I have no problems with Lon Babby. His trades have been magical to unload bad contracts and net good players and picks. However, drafting Marshall was a headscratcher after resigning Telfair. This draft is full of SG. We should be able to find one and thin the bench a little.

vCash
    The Suns should have either extended Gentry or let him go ages ago. By leaving him on a lame duck contract and with a roster thats utterly hopeless he was in a position with zero chance of success, especially with the idiotic hype the management attached to this crap roster. He was setup to take the fall... and now he has.

I sure as hell would not want to take over as the "interim" coach though, talk about an axe job. I wouldnt accept it unless they gave me a 3 year deal. This team has probably about 7 wins left this year, less if they players totally give up (and this Gentry firing will probably encourage that). Its going to be really tough for the "interim" guy to win the job after going 7-34 the rest of the way.

vCash
    Im anxiously waiting for whats next. .

vCash
    Shocked this happened when it did, but not surprised he was let go. Feel bad for Alvin as he is a good head coach and he did what he could with the talent he had, but like Gambo said Alvin isn't a great coach to play and teach younger guys. Alvin wanted to win (as he should) so he stopped playing Johnson, Marshall, Beasley, and sometimes even Morris. Those guys will never get better unless they get minutes against top talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrazbit View Post
    The Suns should have either extended Gentry or let him go ages ago. By leaving him on a lame duck contract and with a roster thats utterly hopeless he was in a position with zero chance of success, especially with the idiotic hype the management attached to this crap roster. He was setup to take the fall... and now he has.

I sure as hell would not want to take over as the "interim" coach though, talk about an axe job. I wouldnt accept it unless they gave me a 3 year deal. This team has probably about 7 wins left this year, less if they players totally give up (and this Gentry firing will probably encourage that). Its going to be really tough for the "interim" guy to win the job after going 7-34 the rest of the way.
    I disagree with you here. It seems to me that the plan was to keep gentry through the season the reassess afterwards. That was the most obvious direction to go in as gentrys contract ends and sarver is cheap and didn't really need to pay for another coach. It makes total sense. Everybody is aware of how bad the roster is and tarnishing the names of (and more importantly paying) multiple coaches during a losing season makes very little sense.

That leads me on to interim coaches. The whole league is aware that if you're and interim coach, the situation you're in most likely wont be good. You're not going to lose a job in that situation but you might gain one. When teams are hiring they'll probably look at how you handled the situation rather than what your record was.

My honest opinion is that someone can do a better job than what gentry had been doing with this team. This is a losing team and I'd rather see us taking a different approach and being proactive than beating a dead horse by sticking with what we have. Throw turner into the job and see how he approaches it. I want to see dragic playing better and I want Johnson and Marshall playing more minutes.

vCash
    Gortat just tweeted SVG!!!

vCash
    He clarified that he was just talking about who's available, not breaking any news.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    Gortat just tweeted SVG!!!
    Good lord no...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntey View Post
    He clarified that he was just talking about who's available, not breaking any news.
    I know but you don't think he might be suggesting him??

vCash
    please no not him!!! Not SVG!!!!!

vCash
    Not really. It's not up to him who gets the gig. It'll be an assistant coach who's already with the team. High cost, risk and a lot of publicity would come with hiring SVG, not something that's needed at this time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast