Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is it a good choice, and time to move on?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

2 20.00%
  • No.

7 70.00%
  • I don't care.

1 10.00%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

BREAKING NEWS: Alvin Gentry out as head coach of the Phoenix Suns

According to Jude LaCava of Fox 10, Alvin Gentry is no longer the head coach of the Phoenix Suns.
    It's been confirmed by Arizona Sports 620's John Gambadoro.

The Suns lost 98-94 to the Milwaukee Bucks at US Airways Center Thursday night. The defeat, their fourth straight at home, dropped the Suns' record to a Western Conference-worst 13-28.

Gentry was in his fifth season as head coach of the Suns and had compiled a record of 158-144. The 58-year-old became the coach of the team in February of 2009 on an interim basis when Terry Porter was fired in his first season on the job. Gentry guided the Suns to an 18-13 mark the rest of the season. He was given the job on a permanent basis following the completion of the 2008-09 season

Undoubtedly, the finest moments of the Gentry era came in the 2009-10 season when the Suns reached the Western Conference Finals before falling to the Los Angeles Lakers in six games. Los Angeles would go on to defeat the Boston Celtics to win the NBA championship.

The Suns have missed the postseason in three of the last four seasons and are very much in danger of doing so again this season.

The Suns don't play another game until next Wednesday when they travel to take on the Sacramento Kings.
    http://arizonasports.com/41/1602990/...e-Phoenix-Suns

Machine Gun Kelly!!!!!!

vCash
    Stupid

vCash
    And here comes a trade that ****s up our draft positions .

vCash
    Remember Gentry came in as interim then the following season we went to the WCF. Maybe whoever takesover this year takes us to the WCF next year .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    And here comes a trade that ****s up our draft positions .
    This concerns me greatly

vCash
    Remember Gentry came in as interim then the following season we went to the WCF. Maybe whoever takesover this year takes us to the WCF next year .
    Looks like Turner is taking over.

vCash
    yeah this was pretty dumb. seems like a move just to make a move to show the fanbase they are doing something. its okay Alvin, this job was beneath you. Go tag on to a championship caliber team.
    I Heart Kimmi Smiles

Support Her!

vCash
    I agree with you guys. Alvin got ****ed.

Machine Gun Kelly!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    Looks like Turner is taking over.
    Not bad. At least the players we have now won't try to fire our defensive minded coach lol.

vCash
    Not bad. At least the players we have now won't try to fire our defensive minded coach lol.
    I'm reading that Turner is Sarver's favorite but Hunter is liked as well and thought of as a possible suns coach in the future.
    I wouldn't mind seeing Turner coach and bring Hunter in as an assistant.

vCash
    John Gambadoro ‏@Gambo620

Suns brass wants team to go younger and work on development and didn't think Gentrys skill set fit that model
    Interesting

vCash
    Mr ORNG says he's going to talk with Gentry today. Hopefully he gets some good info.

Note: Babby having a presser at 3:30 (I'm guessing MST). Interim will be announced in 24-48 hours.

vCash
    Gentry is a good coach, but the team just quit on him last week, so his time finally game. I think the plan going forward is to partially gut the team to bring in a star, get in the lottery to draft another good player, and then sign another star in FA.

I really want to see Wesley Johson get 12-15 minutes a game. I really think he can play, but he's just not getting time. He's an elite defender and has improved his shot the past 2 seasons. He just needs to find a comfort zone.

vCash
    I say we go with Dan majerle

vCash
    I agree I like Wes Johnson we should give a chance. I think he would play great with the starters as a 2

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast