Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    His first two years, it was amazing how he would be so inaccurate in the early quarters, but when they needed the plays late, he was able to make them. I always figured that after a few yrs, that was who he would become, the guy we saw in the 3rd and 4th quarters. I thought we had a franchise qb. I can't deny that there has been a huge dropoff in talent since then, but i do know that his inexcusable picks and inability to protect the ball,(his fumbling has become unreal), don't have alot to do with that. I mentally turned the page after the Tennessee game, which i think was very reasonable considering some of the garbage i was forced to watch down the stretch. So, no, i do not think he is fixable, but as a Jets fan, I hope I am wrong.
    This is gonna be a bad, bad season. Hopefully it's all worth it in 2014.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mook0531 View Post
    His first two years, it was amazing how he would be so inaccurate in the early quarters, but when they needed the plays late, he was able to make them. I always figured that after a few yrs, that was who he would become, the guy we saw in the 3rd and 4th quarters. I thought we had a franchise qb. I can't deny that there has been a huge dropoff in talent since then, but i do know that his inexcusable picks and inability to protect the ball,(his fumbling has become unreal), don't have alot to do with that. I mentally turned the page after the Tennessee game, which i think was very reasonable considering some of the garbage i was forced to watch down the stretch. So, no, i do not think he is fixable, but as a Jets fan, I hope I am wrong.
    This is gonna be a bad, bad season. Hopefully it's all worth it in 2014.
    Great comments! I thought he would be good also but he never learned from his early mistakes and he was not a student of the game like the other elite Qb's in the game. The scene in "Hard Knocks" when Namath is talking to him on how he approached the game and Sanchez was pouting while fiddling with his bag tells you how non committed he was to trying to be great. I don't think Manning or Brady ever acted that way in front of a legend. When you dismiss an opportunity to learn from the greats than you miss out on learning how they separated themselves from the average Qb's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Mark isn't as good as Russell Wilson

If this is your reasoning for replacing Sanchez, we'll be changing QBs every week for a long time.
    Your right but we should not consider him a franchise QB going through growing pains when others are less celebrated coming out are already light years ahead of him in less time. Sees like as Jets fans we settle for less sometimes. Mark will never be a championship QB here. Maybe he falls into something late in his career like Dilfer but his arm won't be the reason a team wins it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkib View Post
    Your right but we should not consider him a franchise QB going through growing pains when others are less celebrated coming out are already light years ahead of him in less time. Sees like as Jets fans we settle for less sometimes. Mark will never be a championship QB here. Maybe he falls into something late in his career like Dilfer but his arm won't be the reason a team wins it
    That statement is wildly inaccurate, we never settle because nothing is ever good enough.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    That statement is wildly inaccurate, we never settle because nothing is ever good enough.

LMAO

vCash
    If Jets fans found a bagful of twenties, they would complain it wasn't filled with fifties.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkib View Post
    Great comments! I thought he would be good also but he never learned from his early mistakes and he was not a student of the game like the other elite Qb's in the game. The scene in "Hard Knocks" when Namath is talking to him on how he approached the game and Sanchez was pouting while fiddling with his bag tells you how non committed he was to trying to be great. I don't think Manning or Brady ever acted that way in front of a legend. When you dismiss an opportunity to learn from the greats than you miss out on learning how they separated themselves from the average Qb's.
    yeah, that was tough to watch. I love Joe. I love listening to him every week on ESPN radio. Suzy Kolber blew it, lol! I'd take his advice on how to wipe my *** if I were Sanchez. I really hope the kid can come back, but unlikely.

vCash
    I think Sanchez can turn his career around, I just don't think It can/will be in NY. I have a feeling he will be traded this offseason but we will have to pay a good chunk of his salary and he will be traded to be a backup. I also think with a fresh start if given the chance to compete depending on where he is he could win a starting spot again.

vCash
    With the right OC and QB coach he can be better, but better in NY won't be good enough.
    I really agree with this. Sanchez will never be better than average and at that point, its not even worth it. Last year he was probably the worst quarterback in the league. Can't have someone who will max out at "average" stay on board if he is going to play like that.

vCash
    A comeback from what? Sanchez has always been a below avg QB in the NFL. You can look at any of his 4 years and see he has always been in the bottom % of QB stats.

Dont know what people see in him. Just because he is a Jet? Sanchez needs great players around him just to be avg.

Jets made a huge mistake in 2009. It is time to part ways and move on.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    A comeback from what? Sanchez has always been a below avg QB in the NFL. You can look at any of his 4 years and see he has always been in the bottom % of QB stats.

Dont know what people see in him. Just because he is a Jet? Sanchez needs great players around him just to be avg.

Jets made a huge mistake in 2009. It is time to part ways and move on.
    Huge mistake in 2009, magnified last year with his mind numbingly stupid contract extension.

Just out of curiosity, did anyone think that was a good move at the time? I honestly couldn't wrap my mind around it. They made a half assed attempt to get, the greatest QB ever, Manning and to protect Sanchez' feelings they put us in "cap hell". May be as bad as the Kyle Brady draft pick or trading a first for Jolley.It is right up there as one of the great blunders this team has made in its history.

vCash
    People who say the Jets gave Sanchez this extension because of Peyton Manning are wrong. That simple. They gave Mark the contract extension because it guaranteed his next two seasons with the team and cleared up cap space to make other moves. They felt that 2 more years of Sanchez at the least would have been fine. They didn't expect him to fall from a middle of the pack (18th bestish) to about 32nd in a single season. It wasn't that big of a mistake until he performed the way he did this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    People who say the Jets gave Sanchez this extension because of Peyton Manning are wrong. That simple. They gave Mark the contract extension because it guaranteed his next two seasons with the team and cleared up cap space to make other moves. They felt that 2 more years of Sanchez at the least would have been fine. They didn't expect him to fall from a middle of the pack (18th bestish) to about 32nd in a single season. It wasn't that big of a mistake until he performed the way he did this year.
    Maybe they did it to make room for cap space. For arguments sake I will agree with that. But to say that he only under performed this last year would be a mistake on your part. He did absolutely nothing in his first 3 regular seasons to merit an extension. If people like to make the argument that he was a winner, well that was true at least up until last year. Last year is also when he signed his extension, so all that winner talk was moot when the deal was done as we failed to make the postseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    18th? Has Sanchez been that high? I dont recall Sanchez ever breaking top 20 ever. I think 2011 was his best season and he still ranked 23rd with a QBR of 78

Sorry but Sanchez has NEVER been middle of the pack. NEVER!!!! again why do you guys try to elevate Sanchez?

Sanchez has always been bottom tier QB every single year Sanchez has posted below avg stats in almost every important category. 2011 was his best but thats not saying much.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    sanchez is done in NY. Can he come back and improve and be a better QB? Sure just not here. And i think mostly because in his 4 seasons in NY he has shown 0 leadership qualities. Look at Brady. Brady has got to be one of the biggest ******* there is. I mean, the fruit cake wears is the spokesmodel for Uggs for crying out loud. But that man can lead. Have you ever heard him mic'd up? Dude riles his guys up and his team rallies around him.

I have never seen Mark have that kind of impact with this team. I'm sure his teammates don't view him as a leader either. I don't think he can come in after a season like he just had and change the perception of those around him. I think leadership skills are something someone is born with.

Can Sanchez learn to be a more assertive personality and more of a leader? Perhaps. But not in this locker room. Not after he's failed this team time and time again. Maybe Sanchez can be a good Qb. Just not here.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast