Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    if you win better becomes good enough.

vCash
    He's done with the Jets. Wish him nothing but the best if he ends up somewhere else, I have nothing against him, I just think it's time for change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkib View Post
    I don't think Jets fans are rooting for him to fail. I hope he does well and leads us to victory every week. I am just tired of the dumb throws and the pouting. He is not a kid learning the game, he is a multi-millionaire franchise quarterback who is not remotely delivering and deserves to be held accountable by the fans and media because his coaches have not held him accountable until this season. I did feel sorry for him when he was pulled in the Arizona game because he was never given the opportunity to get better with someone breathing down his neck. No way he throws those picks and plays poorly on those teams his first two seasons and does not have the threat of a quality back up to take snaps away from him. He was spoiled like an only child because he was the only quarterback. I hope he bounces back and is an All-pro for us next year but I doubt it will happen.
    I never suggested that he shouldn't be held accountable. The media has been all over him for about 2 years now, and he got a lot of blame for the 8-8 season in 2011, when in fact he had his best statistical season of his career. The problem with this is that fans bought in.

In the offseason, the Jets vowed to bring in a legitimate QB who could push Sanchez. They did this, but then days later, they betrayed their own plan by bringing in Tebow. So basically from March until August, the media and fans were calling for Sanchez to be replaced by an inferior QB. They didn't put a team around him, and left him exposed to be raped by the media. This wore him down, and by the end of this past season he had no confidence in himself or his team.

You mentioned in another post that Sanchez doesn't make people around him better. I suggest that you are making an assumption without all the facts. Kerley looked like a legitimate receiver last year, even though most people said he wasn't qualified to be a #4 on most teams. Cumberland, who was an absolute disaster in the first half of the season started to look like an option to be Keller's replacement. Even Hill started to gain confidence and drop fewer balls before geting hurt.

Just because a bunch of so called "scrubs" didn't turn into pro bowlers doesn't mean that Sanchez didn't make them better. Now I'm not saying he did make them better either, but you have to admit that the possibility exists that he did. That's why when all the fans and media who think they're experts say things about Sanchez being garbage, I choose to leave that decision upto those who are better qualified to decide what's real and what's not.

There will be a new OC and QB coach in 2013, and they will decide if Sanchez can be the QB of the Jets.

As for your belief that people don't want him to fail, my eyes and ears tell me differently.

Like you, I'm tired of the stupid decisions. I'm tired of him foolishly trying to make throws into triple coverage because he doesn't want to get sacked 11 times in a game. I'm tired of him making bad reads. I'm tired of him carrying the football like it's a loaf of bread. I'm also tired of the media driven belief that this is all Sanchez's fault, and a "better" QB could have done more with this team in 2012. There are probably 3 QB's who could have won more than 6 games with the Jets 2012 roster, one of them being Peyton Manning.

There's a reason Peyton wanted no part of this team. He knew he could probably win 9 or 10 games with the Jets (because he is that good), but he also knew that even if he made the playoffs with the Jets roster and offense, he'd have no shot at advancing in the playoffs. And he knew that with the amount of money he'd make, the Jets had no chance of giving him weapons to win.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    I never suggested that he shouldn't be held accountable. The media has been all over him for about 2 years now, and he got a lot of blame for the 8-8 season in 2011, when in fact he had his best statistical season of his career. The problem with this is that fans bought in.

In the offseason, the Jets vowed to bring in a legitimate QB who could push Sanchez. They did this, but then days later, they betrayed their own plan by bringing in Tebow. So basically from March until August, the media and fans were calling for Sanchez to be replaced by an inferior QB. They didn't put a team around him, and left him exposed to be raped by the media. This wore him down, and by the end of this past season he had no confidence in himself or his team.

You mentioned in another post that Sanchez doesn't make people around him better. I suggest that you are making an assumption without all the facts. Kerley looked like a legitimate receiver last year, even though most people said he wasn't qualified to be a #4 on most teams. Cumberland, who was an absolute disaster in the first half of the season started to look like an option to be Keller's replacement. Even Hill started to gain confidence and drop fewer balls before geting hurt.

Just because a bunch of so called "scrubs" didn't turn into pro bowlers doesn't mean that Sanchez didn't make them better. Now I'm not saying he did make them better either, but you have to admit that the possibility exists that he did. That's why when all the fans and media who think they're experts say things about Sanchez being garbage, I choose to leave that decision upto those who are better qualified to decide what's real and what's not.

There will be a new OC and QB coach in 2013, and they will decide if Sanchez can be the QB of the Jets.

As for your belief that people don't want him to fail, my eyes and ears tell me differently.

Like you, I'm tired of the stupid decisions. I'm tired of him foolishly trying to make throws into triple coverage because he doesn't want to get sacked 11 times in a game. I'm tired of him making bad reads. I'm tired of him carrying the football like it's a loaf of bread. I'm also tired of the media driven belief that this is all Sanchez's fault, and a "better" QB could have done more with this team in 2012. There are probably 3 QB's who could have won more than 6 games with the Jets 2012 roster, one of them being Peyton Manning.

There's a reason Peyton wanted no part of this team. He knew he could probably win 9 or 10 games with the Jets (because he is that good), but he also knew that even if he made the playoffs with the Jets roster and offense, he'd have no shot at advancing in the playoffs. And he knew that with the amount of money he'd make, the Jets had no chance of giving him weapons to win.
    This ^ is brilliant Mr. Magoo.

The one thing that you mentioned, that I would like to add to is about fans/media/etc: 1) once people have made an emotional/gut decision, particularly a negative one that is born out of hurt - there is often no turning back, no matter what! Hey, there are lots of reasons to "hate" on Sanchez's performance this yearn and the last 3 games of last year, and it probably would take nothing short of a Super Bowl win to change that for many. Just look at Eli Manning - 2 Super Bowl MVPs - and there are still Giants Fans that started re-hating on him as this season slipped away from the Giants - that is just crazy!

So, I have my doubts whether Sanchez - EVEN IF he fixes his mechanics, gets some consistent blocking, gets some receivers that can get consistent separation, and stay healthy, AND gets an OC/QB Coach that can get him back to proper mechanics, and a game plan that he can take advantage of in order to facilitate this - there will still be a mountain of "vile bile" that he would have to overcome - and in 1 year - and all those good things - great blocking/open receivers/great OC/QB coach - will NOT happen in 1 year, so I don't see how he gets it together, and stays a Jet - if he's given the chance this year, which financially sounds like a done deal, but who knows what the new GM will do.

The thing is - I just don't see a good way to have him off our team, UNLESS the new GM makes that a priority at whatever cost - which he might?

The one thing that not too many have mentioned lately (although saying he's more interested in just being a multi-millionaire "franchise QB" than actually putting his heart and soul into deserving that certainly hits upon it)- I don't think Sanchez LOVES FOOTBALL - loves football so much that he'll do whatever it takes to lead his team, and help them succeed. That he won't put aside "the big apple" - the social activities, the most eligible bachelor thing, the image - although it was toned down this year - I have a feeling it wasn't because he had this "come to (add your favorite religious deity) moment," and put his nose to the grindstone. I believe it was because he was dumped by Longoria, and was depressed (she said he was a "downer all the time" and that's why she left - although I would hope that Mark can do better than that - a nice, sweet, good-looking all-american girl" that gets it done in the bedroom, and every where else they want to), and I think he "holed up," but not because he dedicated his life to being the best QB he could be, but to stay out of the public eye - and hey - It's hard to blame him.

Lets look at some facts. He was blasted after the 2011 season (which before the last 3 games, would have been a good one) - especially by Holmes. I don't care that the Jets looked at getting Manning - all the more power to them, and then they gave Sanchez this ridiculous extension, BUT MADE HIM GO SUCK UP TO HOLMES. Then they bring in Tebow, and end up going into the season with a weak offensive unit, led by a weak OC - and then Revis goes down, and then Holmes goes down - and they have him throwing to Gates - a stranger off the street - that couldn't run the correct route until the last few weeks of the season - and even when he did - he rarely gets separation because he's a raw football player that relied on his speed in college, and everyone is fast in the NFL. Keller can't play over 1/2 of the season, and was never a 100%, AND obviously Keller had a grudge about not getting a new contract. The WR savior - S. Hill (who I still hope will develop into the killer weapon we need) can't catch the ball - and couldn't stay healthy to even get practice time to try and get better. Then, they get another guy off the street - Jason Hill, and Mardy Gilyard - pure NFL crap - and Jeremy Kerley, an after thought last year - turns out to be the only WR that can run a consistent, anticipated route, and Jeff Cumberland (who is rawer than a frozen cow), started to get open - NOT TO MENTION - that Sanchez was under tremendous pressure from the pass rush most of the year - and yet - when he got time - he had a few good games. SO - it's hard to blame Sanchez, with the lack of support on the field - the fans crucifixion, and the National Media jumping down his throat as well - not that he didn't deserve some of it - continually making the same mistakes is something that someone does when they feel they have little hope, or little chance of success - because contrary to popular opinion - Sanchez isn't an idiot - he just played like one too darn much - but he wasn't the only reason our Jets sucked this year.

We all would've loved to see him rise above adversity. To dedicate himself to being the Jets QB, and leader by forceful example. He just isn't that guy, OR he was suffering from depression - which, for anyone that has ever gone through it knows - money, celebrity, etc - doesn't protect you from depression. As a doctor that has treated numerous people for depression - his blunted "affect" (flat face, minimal facial expressions, other than negative ones, his monotone, and saying the same things over and over, and doing unsuccessful things over and over - these all are typical for the people that I have treated for depression. OF COURSE - without examining him, talking to him - I can't definitively make any type of diagnosis - but, he certainly wasn't a happy camper.

Even if this were true - do I want my QB to react that way to adversity - heck no! If it isn't true - than it appears, under the given circumstances, that he didn't do a good enough job - FOR US - rising above the adversity he, and the whole team faced. Look at REX - he's saying he was all wrong, and made huge mistakes, and that "this is the new him." He's screaming for a mulligan - a do-over, and he got it.

If Sanchez was suffering from depression - in most people, it isn't a life-time sentence (for some unfortunate people, it is) and treated effectively - may never return.

All of this is speculation - and I probably got carried away. Mr. Magoo is also absolutely correct in saying that people that are MUCH MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE than most of us, and that do this for a living - they will make the decision of whether he gets a chance to compete for the starting job in 2013! The easiest, best thing for US, as I see it, is for him to have a break-out season, and become that Franchise QB we all wanted him to be - but I'm not going to hold my breath - I'm not even going to think this is possible, because it's not looking so good - but I'd be thrilled if it did!

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Hopefully a new OC and QB coach along with a legit player to compete against him (Matt Moore or Matt Flynn or Alex Smith) can push him to be a leader and fight for his job and play with heart. Just once, Yell at the receivers for drops or bad routes because he should demand a higher level of excellence in himself and his team. He is depressed but we don't have time for that on the field. On the field, turn that off and compete with anger and intensity...Show some fight son! He has one more shot and everyone will be against him like they were against lebron after the decision. Will he sulk or compete? Lebron pretended he was a villian and fed off the boos. Mark will be playing 16 road games next year unless he plays GREAT.....better is not good enough. No matter how bad he plays, in my eyes, he needs to man up and stop sulking. Walk away from the jets as a leader who never gave up.

vCash
    Hopefully a new OC and QB coach along with a legit player to compete against him (Matt Moore or Matt Flynn or Alex Smith) can push him to be a leader and fight for his job and play with heart. Just once, Yell at the receivers for drops or bad routes because he should demand a higher level of excellence in himself and his team. He is depressed but we don't have time for that on the field. On the field, turn that off and compete with anger and intensity...Show some fight son! He has one more shot and everyone will be against him like they were against lebron after the decision. Will he sulk or compete? Lebron pretended he was a villian and fed off the boos. Mark will be playing 16 road games next year unless he plays GREAT.....better is not good enough. No matter how bad he plays, in my eyes, he needs to man up and stop sulking. Walk away from the jets as a leader who never gave up.
    I hear what you're saying, and I hope that Sanchez does come out and show heart and leadership - even if he's beat out for the starting QB. The thing is - depression is not something that you can "throw a switch" and be all better. I don't even know if he is depressed, clinically, or otherwise - but he looked depressed, and if he is/was truly clinically depressed - that makes it almost impossible for him to turn that off and come out and compete with anger and intensity.

I hope that he isn't depressed. That is a disease that can make someone's life miserable, and it effects everyone that comes in contact with them, to some degree or another.

Sanchez could also just be the pouty-arse-biotch that most people think he is. I just don't know, and I wish I didn't even have to consider it. I wish he showed more fight, more anger and more intensity last year, and I hope he can do that this year - it may not make a difference. He could just be the mediocre, inaccurate, fumble-the-ball-throw-a-pick-6-and-throw-an-INT-in-the-red-zone QB that we've seen.

GO JETS!!!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    I hear what you're saying, and I hope that Sanchez does come out and show heart and leadership - even if he's beat out for the starting QB. The thing is - depression is not something that you can "throw a switch" and be all better. I don't even know if he is depressed, clinically, or otherwise - but he looked depressed, and if he is/was truly clinically depressed - that makes it almost impossible for him to turn that off and come out and compete with anger and intensity.

I hope that he isn't depressed. That is a disease that can make someone's life miserable, and it effects everyone that comes in contact with them, to some degree or another.

Sanchez could also just be the pouty-arse-biotch that most people think he is. I just don't know, and I wish I didn't even have to consider it. I wish he showed more fight, more anger and more intensity last year, and I hope he can do that this year - it may not make a difference. He could just be the mediocre, inaccurate, fumble-the-ball-throw-a-pick-6-and-throw-an-INT-in-the-red-zone QB that we've seen.

GO JETS!!!
    Nice post!

I think he broke and hit rock bottom. I feel for the guy. He sucked this year for sure but I think the hype, media, self image, condemnation and hatred made him snap.
    I think a huge part of this is that he believed his own hype. I think believed, because he was told so, that he was a stud QB who could put a team on his back and carry them to a Superbowl. Then he learned he wasn't ( which should have been sooner but the jets kept blowing smoke up his arse) and he snapped.
    It looked like he was acting out and giving up. It looked like he wanted out, because he didn't know how to adapt. He became reckless and foolish.
    I think he can pull it together. I think he can get that anger working for him. I would love to see him not act nice. I want to see him be a dick to the media. Get a chip on his shoulder and not as in MR. Confident but more like Mr **** you all.
    If he can summon that part of himself to get the nut sack to be a leader and be the player he is, not the one he's supposed to be or wants to be, he will shock the hell out of everyone.
    If he doesn't, then he's the pouty arse biotch he looks like now.
    And your post has a great point about being a leader even if he doesn't earn the starting role.
    Even after I wanted him drawn and quartered this year, I am rooting for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post

Damn! Good ****.

The Tebow experiment screwed this team in so many ways but the one you mention is quietly the most important in many ways. Because of the hype and media the jets FO and coaches had to do too much coddling of Sanchez to keep his head on straight. In the midst of that, they found out that Tebow wasn't a viable backup so they had no one to push Sanchez. Sanchez was the only option , because they couldn't pass over tebow to get to mcElroy until it was beyond repair. If they had had a good solid backup, Sanchez may have made better choices and in doing so played better because he knew the job was in jeopardy.

And I think Manning would have looked at our RT, WR and RB situation and run

vCash
    Marty M. gives me some hope. Some is incredibly small.

vCash
    Comeback to what did I miss something? Lol I didnt know he had a good year to base a comback on....

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

vCash
    Every year we hope some coach or something is going to make ol Mark better, the song is tiring fellas the kid sucks make the same rookie mistakes and has actually regressed which is amazing considering he been bad since year 1.....let it go we need to move on so does he

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

vCash
    no...no..no...

Moh Town!

vCash
    It's gonna take alot from Mark to earn my trust back if he still is the starter, but I love the Jets so I will root for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    It's gonna take alot from Mark to earn my trust back if he still is the starter, but I love the Jets so I will root for him.
    yessir

It should take alot to earn our trust back. His performance this season put him in a deep hole in everyone's eyes. But imagine if he can turn it around?
    Gotta root for him for sure

vCash
    Beyond repair. He is terrible as far as accuracy and not a good leader. Just watching the rookie quarterbacks makes me realize how horrible he was as a rookie but accepted it. Those were great teams and he held those teams back at times. Russel Wilson made throws against Atlanta that Sanchez could never have made. Also, Sanchez is not mentally tough enough to fight back in adversity the way Wilson did in that game. When was the last time you saw Sanchez throw for 300+ yards and 3 TD's. I will bet Wilson did it more as a rookie than Mark has his entire career.
    Mark isn't as good as Russell Wilson

If this is your reasoning for replacing Sanchez, we'll be changing QBs every week for a long time.
    "If we could talk about it and get (to the playoffs), it would've already been done. We know that talking won't get it done. We have to earn it." - Jets Coach Rex Ryan
    #hatersgonnahate

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast