Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Do you think Sanchez can make a comeback or is he beyond repair?

I know the future is uncertain now, we have no GM or coordinator in place as far as offense. We don't know which direction the organization is going to take once both are in place. The draft is a couple months away, and we have a long hot summer ahead.

But just focusing on Mark, do you think he is finished in the NFL as a legit starter do to a horrible season, or do you think he can bounce back? Do you think he failed due to Sparano and a lack of talent on offense, or was their no excuse for his horrible performance last season?

Me personaly, I noticed the lack of talent on offense, but I felt after 5 years under his belt, a true leader would weather the storm and go to war with the army he's got. But instead of rising to the challeng and rolling up his sleeve, he shy away and fell apart. A true leader would have been like "F Tebow, I'm the starter and I'm gonna lead this offense! We don't have talent, but damn it, I'm gonna spend every moment I can in practice to squeeze every drop I can out of these guys so we can compete on the field!" I feel Sanchez does not have that kind of drive.

Just my opinion, what's yours?

vCash
    Beyond repair. He is terrible as far as accuracy and not a good leader. Just watching the rookie quarterbacks makes me realize how horrible he was as a rookie but accepted it. Those were great teams and he held those teams back at times. Russel Wilson made throws against Atlanta that Sanchez could never have made. Also, Sanchez is not mentally tough enough to fight back in adversity the way Wilson did in that game. When was the last time you saw Sanchez throw for 300+ yards and 3 TD's. I will bet Wilson did it more as a rookie than Mark has his entire career.

vCash
    I really have a hard time believing Sanchez is done, and I would use the Chargers game as my evidence.

We spent 14 games watching him throw the ball away to defenders and asking, "How can an NFL Quarterback be making these throws?" Then Greg came in and he's sitting at home still being sacked by the lowly Charger pass rush.

The point is we had zero talent at the offensive end of the ball. Watch every above shot during passing plays and you will see that none of our receivers were creating any space after the first Patriots game. I can't say that is for sure due to talent, as it could also be downright awful play design.

I hate to say it but the best thing for Sanchez last year would have been the dive, draw and slant Schotty offense. We did him no favors and Sporano didn't even try to create high percentage throws.

That being said, I am a long time Sanchez apologist, but I really think we should give him a chance with a competent coordinator who knows how to gameplan to his strengths.

PS, go back and watch the Buffalo and Pittsburgh games from the beginning of last year, and tell me there isn't a noticeable difference in Sanchez for the rest of the season after he takes the helmet to helmet hit early in the second quarter of the Steelers game. I still swear he got hurt on that play...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkib View Post
    Beyond repair. He is terrible as far as accuracy and not a good leader. Just watching the rookie quarterbacks makes me realize how horrible he was as a rookie but accepted it. Those were great teams and he held those teams back at times. Russel Wilson made throws against Atlanta that Sanchez could never have made. Also, Sanchez is not mentally tough enough to fight back in adversity the way Wilson did in that game. When was the last time you saw Sanchez throw for 300+ yards and 3 TD's. I will bet Wilson did it more as a rookie than Mark has his entire career.

As much as I want to, I really can't argue with this.

vCash
    the New York market has spit him out, he's done at the jets but im not saying that he won't succeed somewhere else!

PSD"S JETS FORUM SURVIVOR LEAGUE CHAMPION 2013

vCash
    Media had a lot to do with it...

Can we trade Manish Meta to Dallas for Jerry Jones's glory hole? Then pakage that with Santonio Homes and send it to Seattle for Matt Flynn?

vCash
    He's not beyond repair. I love how people point to his stats, but don't actually watch him throw. His mechanics are a mess and he throws off his back foot way too often. That's a main reason for the inaccuracy. That is absolutely fixable if he gets the right coaches and a better offensive scheme with receivers who can get open. The guy is never going to be Peyton Manning, but he has the physical tools to be a solid NFL QB.

In my mind the question is not whether he's beyond repair. I believe the real question is...can Sanchez be a quarterback in NY? This is where I don't know if it's possible.

The media and fans have turned on him like a pack of rabid dogs, and there is likely no let up in sight. He'll get booed every time he takes the field, and it won't matter how he performs. Every good throw will be called lucky, and every good game will be followed by speculation that it's just a matter of time before he implodes.

No one should have to be put under that kind of scrutiny, and I think the best thing for Sanchez is a fresh start somewhere else. Unfortunately the economics of the situation most likely will dectate that he is here for one more year, and most fans and media people will be rooting for him to fail.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    He's not beyond repair. I love how people point to his stats, but don't actually watch him throw. His mechanics are a mess and he throws off his back foot way too often. That's a main reason for the inaccuracy. That is absolutely fixable if he gets the right coaches and a better offensive scheme with receivers who can get open. The guy is never going to be Peyton Manning, but he has the physical tools to be a solid NFL QB.

In my mind the question is not whether he's beyond repair. I believe the real question is...can Sanchez be a quarterback in NY? This is where I don't know if it's possible.

The media and fans have turned on him like a pack of rabid dogs, and there is likely no let up in sight. He'll get booed every time he takes the field, and it won't matter how he performs. Every good throw will be called lucky, and every good game will be followed by speculation that it's just a matter of time before he implodes.

No one should have to be put under that kind of scrutiny, and I think the best thing for Sanchez is a fresh start somewhere else. Unfortunately the economics of the situation most likely will dectate that he is here for one more year, and most fans and media people will be rooting for him to fail.
    This says it all. He's suck here wether we like it or not and everyone has turned on him. Might aswell root for him. Bringing Tebow here just made it worse for the guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    This says it all. He's suck here wether we like it or not and everyone has turned on him. Might aswell root for him. Bringing Tebow here just made it worse for the guy.
    I'm guessing you meant stuck. Freudian slip?

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    I think he can turn it around. I think we will know by mid season.
    If he starts off slowly and makes mistakes, I think he is done in NY. But if he gets the coaching he needs, a good supporting cast and gets a good start, I think he will.
    And if he can, we will have a truly battle tested, mentally tough QB who will be here for a long time.
    If he can get his head fully in the game, he'll do it. He pissed me off this year but he has the physical tools to be a legit QB.

vCash

The media and fans have turned on him like a pack of rabid dogs, and there is likely no let up in sight. He'll get booed every time he takes the field, and it won't matter how he performs
    . Every good throw will be called lucky, and every good game will be followed by speculation that it's just a matter of time before he implodes.

Well said Magoo! I don't think he could ever step on the field at MetLife Stadium for a regular season game and not get booed out of the stadium, even if he went 20 for 28 for 275 yards and 3 TD's. People would say, "Oh, he played against the #31 ranked defense" or "Oh, his WR's saved him."
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash

I don't think Jets fans are rooting for him to fail. I hope he does well and leads us to victory every week. I am just tired of the dumb throws and the pouting. He is not a kid learning the game, he is a multi-millionaire franchise quarterback who is not remotely delivering and deserves to be held accountable by the fans and media because his coaches have not held him accountable until this season. I did feel sorry for him when he was pulled in the Arizona game because he was never given the opportunity to get better with someone breathing down his neck. No way he throws those picks and plays poorly on those teams his first two seasons and does not have the threat of a quality back up to take snaps away from him. He was spoiled like an only child because he was the only quarterback. I hope he bounces back and is an All-pro for us next year but I doubt it will happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Well said Magoo! I don't think he could ever step on the field at MetLife Stadium for a regular season game and not get booed out of the stadium, even if he went 20 for 28 for 275 yards and 3 TD's. People would say, "Oh, he played against the #31 ranked defense" or "Oh, his WR's saved him."
    He did not have help around him but he did nothing to make players around him better like leader should. I remember when Troy Aikman was a rookie on the worst team in football and everyone said after that season that he was going to be a star because he was a leader even on a bad team. He also fought back and made plays and learned from his mistakes. Sanchez makes the same mistakes over and over and over and over again. He also leaves the field after those mistakes like a kid who just got told he was grounded with the worst body language of any QB I have ever seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I think he can turn it around. I think we will know by mid season.
    If he starts off slowly and makes mistakes, I think he is done in NY. But if he gets the coaching he needs, a good supporting cast and gets a good start, I think he will.
    And if he can, we will have a truly battle tested, mentally tough QB who will be here for a long time.
    If he can get his head fully in the game, he'll do it. He pissed me off this year but he has the physical tools to be a legit QB.
    It all comes down to coaching. We have see Sanchez make some nice throws and lay them into the receivers hands. It also comes down to having talent around you. when we had a solid line he did well and so did the running game. it came down to the belief and mentality that Rex could coach anyone so they let players go and weakened their team. Strengthen the line and you'll see a different team. Get in a good quarterback coach and you'll see a different Sanchez. Any quarterback you draft still needs coaching regardless. Sanchez also needs to be told directly to his face this is his last chance. if he screws up he most likely not end up anywhere, not even a back up.

vCash
    With the right OC and QB coach he can be better, but better in NY won't be good enough.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast