Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shkelqim View Post
    So Evan is a PointGuard nd Jrue can play the two. J Rich go to the bench and have Wright start at the 3 Thad at the 4 nd Bynum. This looks pretty solid.
    last season, I may have said yes to Evan running the point because I did not think Jrue was a good passer.

Considering Jrue's inexplicable discovery of elite passing ability this season, it wouldn't be wise to move him just to make Evan feel better

vCash
    and damnit, amidst all the excitement of an OT win against one of the worst teams in the league, I forgot we play the Spurs on national TV on monday.

buzzkill

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    Season's still young.

And the way he's been playing? I'm afraid I may have been too high.
    You think he's going to end up with less than 11ppg for the season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SeoulBeatz View Post
    and damnit, amidst all the excitement of an OT win against one of the worst teams in the league, I forgot we play the Spurs on national TV on monday.

buzzkill
    God damn it. **** you Seoul.

vCash
    last season, I may have said yes to Evan running the point because I did not think Jrue was a good passer.

Considering Jrue's inexplicable discovery of elite passing ability this season, it wouldn't be wise to move him just to make Evan feel better
    Jrue only improved alittle bit as a passer the random spike in numbers i feel has more to do with Iggy being gone no more Jrue off while iggy is playing his silly little point forward nonsense.

2012 allstar

vCash
    I know he's got the assists, but Jrue really isn't an elite passer. When you are an elite scoring threat, it becomes a little easier to get the assist if that's what you are looking to do. The assist numbers have gone up, because he is not primarily just setting up the offense and playing off the high post anymore. He's now playmaking. And Iguodala being here would not have halted that. The coach is the one pulling the strings. Sometimes, I think Collins has an agenda of his own....and this particular time, I can't say I hate it. Because it netted us an elite point at below market value. People were too interested in Jrue's stat regression last season, and failed to notice his progress.

Collins' poor utilization of ET might also allow us to extend him for less than he's worth. So, while I sometimes hate watching the Collins-lead Sixers play actual games......at least I can take solice in the idea that his ****ed up offensive coaching is allowing us to retain a possible championship contending core at a bargain rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    ^^ id rather jrue be a scoring threat than an elite passer anyway.

elite passng PGs arent necessary at all to win titles.... in fact, an elite passing PG hasnt won a title since mgic johnson.... its much more important for a PG to be a floor leader (which magic was, and now CP3 is) than assists which are typically an irrelevent individual stat when it comes to winning.

jrue will get there.... but hes not quite there yet.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Rondo?^

vCash
    Rondo?^
    Rondo was *** that season and had nothing to do with them winning anything.

2012 allstar

vCash
    Rondo?^
    He was not a high assist pg when they won the title....

Im not saying a high assist pg hurts ur chances at a title eithr.... Im just saying its completely not necessary.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    Rondo was *** that season and had nothing to do with them winning anything.
    ah yeah, looking at his numbers that season, guess he wasn't the rondo he is today.

vCash
    Jrue can score any time. Lets utilize that, Evan can pass utilize that. **** the positions i hate when people give me PG SG. Play to everyones ability. If im good at making Pie but they have me cleaning the stove. Im useless. Same **** with the Sixers. I think Dorrell should play over jRich i dont care about his intensity it actually hurts us, he never makes it when it counts. Useless shooter, bench player.

Props to NoFunLeague

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shkelqim View Post
    Jrue can score any time. Lets utilize that, Evan can pass utilize that. **** the positions i hate when people give me PG SG. Play to everyones ability. If im good at making Pie but they have me cleaning the stove. Im useless. Same **** with the Sixers. I think Dorrell should play over jRich i dont care about his intensity it actually hurts us, he never makes it when it counts. Useless shooter, bench player.
    It would be 100% insulting to Jrue no thank you at that point id rather trade turner.
    Looking at the PG position trough a lens yes they are suppose to pass frist but what people seem to forget is as posted above a player must be able to score for there passing ability to really be any real threat lets look at Russel Westbrook for example the number one OH WELL he should be at SG guy.

He is a shoot Frist PG but that doesnt mean he cant pass the ball and it also doesn't doesn't make him a poor teammate.

People dont seem to understand this but his high scoring tendency takes a ton of pressure off Kevin Durant the D is forced to play honestly and not just trap durant every time he touchs the ball.

This is where harden fit in last year to balance the ball movement but now that Durant has play-making skills of his own both Durant and Westbrook are excelling.

Thats the problem with Jrue Holiday right now not the fact that he is playing the 1 but the fact to NO one on the wings is consistently good enough at scoreing the basketball to take any pressure away from him.

Even on nights when they are hot our bigs are to ****** for that to matter as they just have them helping on Holiday putting Turner at PG WILL NOT CHANGE A THING.

If anything it will just make Defenses focas on preventing the ball from ever getting into jrues hands in the frist place.

Turner doesnt have a good enough shot to play the point eather if Turner played point he would become a VERY poor mans rondo in the sense teams would dare him to shoot and his usefullness would be more in driving to the basket and positional rebounding.

Thats another thing Turner cant attack the basket nearly as well as Rondo and therefor the drive and kick game wouldn't be there.

In other words it would make Turner become to exposed and it would make Holidays Job more difficult.

Oh and 1 more thing I dont Care that he played 2 in college, He wasnt even good in college Holiday is a PG thats just how it is.
    Last edited by thevcballer; 01-21-2013 at 02:54 AM.

2012 allstar

vCash
    I really dont get you people allways arugeing about why players should be out of postion
    So far ive heard in the last 2 years or so
    1. Thad at the 3.. no just no
    2. Holiday at the 2 (see above)
    3. Turner at the 1 2 and 3 (not sure what to call him really but imo he is just a mediocre 3 with some 1 skills i dont like him at 2 or 1 because he simply cannot shoot)
    4. Iggy at the 2 older and self explanatory (hopefully) as to why it makes no sense.

What next? like really accept the players for what they are.

2012 allstar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    I really dont get you people allways arugeing about why players should be out of postion
    So far ive heard in the last 2 years or so
    1. Thad at the 3.. no just no
    2. Holiday at the 2 (see above)
    3. Turner at the 1 2 and 3 (not sure what to call him really but imo he is just a mediocre 3 with some 1 skills i dont like him at 2 or 1 because he simply cannot shoot)
    4. Iggy at the 2 older and self explanatory (hopefully) as to why it makes no sense.

What next? like really accept the players for what they are.
    Agree with 1,2,4. As for 3, Turner shoots just fine, it's just that his shot selection sucks. It doesn't make much difference where you play him on offense, the wing positions are often mostly interchangeable, but he seems to defend 2s better than 3s, so all else equal I'd put him there with someone else to guard the 3s.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast