Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    Citing 8 points on 8 shots as an argument that he should get DNP'd doesn't really work when the other wings went 0 on 1 shot, 9 on 11 shots, and 7 on 11 shots.
    As long as you're making it about stats, he's shooting significantly better than our other wings, leads the team from three, and is second on the team in both rebounding and assists.

Again, if you can find someone who'll contribute more then that's wonderful, but we don't have anyone like that on the roster right now.
    1. He has the worst TS% of all of our wings.
    2. He doesn't even average 1 3PM a game. moot point
    3. 6.7 rebounds in 36 minutes is very bad
    4. 4.3 assists to 2.3 turnovers is very bad

Sorry but you all are in denial. Evan will never help this team get anywhere. It is time for this organization to give up and get some pros who can help this team win.

vCash
    Great gif of Bynum's reaction to one of Jrue's drives:

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/uploads/cho...dard_500.0.gif
    OH wow.. how can i use this as a sig ?

2012 allstar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NewEraFt.ET12 View Post

Sorry but you all are in denial. Evan will never help this team get anywhere. It is time for this organization to give up and get some pros who can help this team win.
    If that happens what will your name be and picture be then lol. face it dude you where prolly one of the types who thought he would be an allstar

2012 allstar

vCash

This team isn't very good in general. You take away Jrue or Thad, especially if you took away both, and you are looking at the worse team in the league. Regardless of if Evan plays, that doesn't change. Evan is living up to many people's preseason predictions. The problem is that Bynum's knees are healthy yet and until he is, the best we can do is ride out with what we have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    your points are a bit confusing.

So how about Nick Young's 3.1 rebounds per 36, or 2.0 apg per 36. I mean, you did just say Nick Young is better at EVERYTHING than Evan. Please make a logical argument as to how 3.1 rpg and 2.0 apg per 36 > 6.7 rpg, and 4.3 apg per 36. Because now I'm starting to think my understanding of math is pretty off, and as an asian that's awfully concerning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    This team isn't very good in general. You take away Jrue or Thad, especially if you took away both, and you are looking at the worse team in the league. Regardless of if Evan plays, that doesn't change. Evan is living up to many people's preseason predictions. The problem is that Bynum's knees are healthy yet and until he is, the best we can do is ride out with what we have.
    I agree. All I am saying is Nick and Dorell are playing better. Why Evan get so much playing time?

vCash
    I agree. All I am saying is Nick and Dorell are playing better. Why Evan get so much playing time?
    no they are not.
    And its simple becuase evan has a future here they dont

2012 allstar

vCash

Here's the entirety of the ET argument I've put forward in this thread: if you want to improve by just benching ET you need better wings to fill the gaps, and if you want to improve by trading him you need to be able to get something better in return for him. We don't have the former, and I don't see any deals that give us the latter. Which part exactly am I in denial about?

Outside of this thread I've been very critical of Evan's shot selection and (lack of) efficiency, and have stated for a long time that I'm willing to trade him if it makes us better. Again, what part am I in denial about?

Also lol at 3 and 4. His rebound rate and assist/turnover ratio are both well above average for a wing. You're grasping.

vCash
    Jrue and Thad...

Thank you for the win.

vCash
    Here's the entirety of the ET argument I've put forward in this thread: if you want to improve by just benching ET you need better wings to fill the gaps, and if you want to improve by trading him you need to be able to get something better in return for him. We don't have the former, and I don't see any deals that give us the latter. Which part exactly am I in denial about?

Outside of this thread I've been very critical of Evan's shot selection and (lack of) efficiency, and have stated for a long time that I'm willing to trade him if it makes us better. Again, what part am I in denial about?

Also lol at 3 and 4. His rebound rate and assist/turnover ratio are both well above average for a wing. You're grasping.
    We do have better wings. Nick and Dorell are both more efficient offensively and play just as good defensively if not better. I guess it depends on how much importance you put into rebounding.

He plays point guard and is one of the teams primary ball handlers. You can't make that comparison.
    Last edited by NewEraFt.ET12; 01-18-2013 at 11:34 PM.

vCash
    I would rank Turner's defense slightly above Dorell, and probably even with Nick.

While not good overall, Turner has shown the ability to play good defense in spurts. ON the other hand, Dorell seems to get torched whenever his man has the ball. His defense has been really underwhelming to me.

Nick Young's has been average. He's had good moments like tonight, but nothing to write home about.

Turner isn't a great player, he's solid and contributes all-around (albeit inconsistently). He wouldn't fetch anything worth making a move, and our other wing players certainly aren't better options in anything except for shooting, and sort of scoring. I'm fine with just rolling with him for the time being, we aren't exactly in contention this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SeoulBeatz View Post
    your points are a bit confusing.

So how about Nick Young's 3.1 rebounds per 36, or 2.0 apg per 36. I mean, you did just say Nick Young is better at EVERYTHING than Evan. Please make a logical argument as to how 3.1 rpg and 2.0 apg per 36 > 6.7 rpg, and 4.3 apg per 36. Because now I'm starting to think my understanding of math is pretty off, and as an asian that's awfully concerning.
    You right. Evan is a better rebounder. He also is forced to play point because there are no other options. He isn't a good passer though.

Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    no they are not.
    And its simple becuase evan has a future here they dont
    Not if he is traded

vCash
    Jrue has been really really impressive recently. I hope he keeps this up, because he really is starting to look like a top PG. He's not just a pg with potential anymore, and if Bynum comes back healthy and produces, we might have a special J-Drew connection.

vCash
    You right. Evan is a better rebounder. He also is forced to play point because there are no other options. He isn't a good passer though.

Not if he is traded
    Don't get me wrong dude. I'm all for trading Evan if it can net us a competent off-ball scoring wing, or defensive big man.

But I think the main issue is Evan's shooting is off again. He was on for about a month, now he's reverted back to his old ways of standing in the corner and becoming disinterested in contributing in other facets of the game. He's incredibly frustrating to watch, because he's so up and down and shown he is capable of being a pretty good all around player. But this team needs scoring from our wings, and he's not getting it done from that standpoint.

I just want to see how everyone on this team's game translates when Andrew Bynum comes back.

This team is built around Bynum. We have an all-star PG, a slew of "shooters", and a bunch of big men who would be much better served playing second fiddle to an ACTUAL C.

I think Bynum would elevate everyone's game, but we'll have to wait and see on that one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SeoulBeatz View Post
    But I think the main issue is Evan's shooting is off again. He was on for about a month, now he's reverted back to his old ways of standing in the corner and becoming disinterested in contributing in other facets of the game. He's incredibly frustrating to watch, because he's so up and down and shown he is capable of being a pretty good all around player. But this team needs scoring from our wings, and he's not getting it done from that standpoint.
    Exactly. His shooting is off. Notice how he is getting blocked so much? Teams are scouting him and knows what he wants to do. His little hesitation move jumper isnt working anymore because defenders are getting up in his face and he doesn't have the athleticism to drive by them and finish at the rim. Now that he has been figured out he is barely ever going to put up 15-20 pt games. And yea I don't wanna use the Bynum excuse. Just tired of making excuses for Evan.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast