Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Wade Redden

vCash

Wade Redden

Just curious with the uncertainty of the Flyers defense and the fact that Wade Redden was bought out by the Rangers making him a UFA should Holgrem give him a call? I know he has been out of the NHL for a while but considering the Rangers are already paying him, the uncertainty in the health of Mez, and the shortened season resulting in a more compact schedule, would it be worth seeing if he would sign for peanuts as a 5/6 defenseman??

I figure that it gives him a chance to rebuild his value with a contending team and it gives the Flyers some depth for when injuries start to come into play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    Just curious with the uncertainty of the Flyers defense and the fact that Wade Redden was bought out by the Rangers making him a UFA should Holgrem give him a call? I know he has been out of the NHL for a while but considering the Rangers are already paying him, the uncertainty in the health of Mez, and the shortened season resulting in a more compact schedule, would it be worth seeing if he would sign for peanuts as a 5/6 defenseman??

I figure that it gives him a chance to rebuild his value with a contending team and it gives the Flyers some depth for when injuries start to come into play.

there was no contact last night at practice, but mez looked fast and can still shoot ...

wade redden hasn't played a game in like 4 years ... not sure if he can regain form at this point ... foster is probably better than him by a long shot

vCash
    We have enough 6th-defensive types on the roster already, between Gervais, Foster, and Bourdon.
    Don't give up on us now...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

vCash
    Fair enough. I was just thinking with the Rangers already paying him he might be willing to sign for a league minimum to get a shot at playing time. Was thinking of like a low risk/high reward kind of situation.

vCash
    I would be all over this. Like StryderSox said, low risk/high reward. Can never have too much depth IMO

City of Brotherly Love

vCash
    eh.

lol bryz

vCash
    he signed with blues, so much for this thread

lol bryz