Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    True, but Derozan is pissing me off lately so I have a bias

He has been basically useless on offense unless we run the curl for him, other than that he is just doing dribble moves that get him nowhere then ends up hoisting contested long fade away jumpers.
    Derozan's been getting on my nerves as well lol. Raps just need that 1 on 1 player that can break down his man without the need for a screen. I thought Lowry was going to be that guy but it doesn't seem like he is ever healthy enough to get a rhythm going.

Anderson has impressed me in that facet though, his ability to break down his man from the wing in a face up stance is what we have been missing from SG. In time I think Ross will get there.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    i have never been a fan of Demar, he is not a guy you build a team around he just isn't, he's a 3rd option at best IMO.

vCash
    he's inconsistent, more than Derozan actually.

we just don't admit it because his contract makes us put a blind eye to it but in reality he is pretty inconsistent

vCash
    When people say Demar is an elite athlete do they take into account that he isn't that quick, he isn't that fast and appears to only be elite at jumping? he is not an elite athlete, his combine stats bear that out. At least NBA wise.

Anderson is quicker and by miles, in fact he has one of the best triple threat and jab steps I have seen, he consistently shakes people, when I saw him shake durant easily it was obvious.

Anderson does not have a good shot off the dribble and he can't jump like demar which allows demar to attack the rim and change his shot easily.

Anderson is a legit starter/sixth man option.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    im gonna say no alan is a chucker honestly if he played derozans minutes i'd be sick of him quickly
    for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    I can't believe these responses... Demar is the better overall player for sure! Anderson is a good player no doubt but he is a 6th man kind of guy. Demar has to deal with defences built to deny him, and gets the better defenders. Just because Anderson is beating up on weaker bench players and doesn't have to face the defence doesn't mean he's better.

I like both of them but come on, demar>anderson

vCash
    Alan is a better shooter, has better handles, better defender, quicker first step. He is basically better at everything you want Derozan to be better at.
    Why do people keep saying how good Alan anderson is at shooting the ball. He's shooting 37% from the field and it's getting worse not better. Teams don't win alot of games when Alan Andersons are taking 15 shots a game. Which is what he's done over the last seven. %34 from three isn't very good when your taking 6 a game and your team is in the bottom ten on Offensive boards.

He's a black hole that doesn't pass unless he has too. So yeah he's great at creating his own shot he's just not very good at shooting.

A chucker with too much confidence

vCash
    True, but Derozan is pissing me off lately so I have a bias

He has been basically useless on offense unless we run the curl for him, other than that he is just doing dribble moves that get him nowhere then ends up hoisting contested long fade away jumpers.
    That is true. Derozan and his fade aways piss me off. He only shoots now and barely drives, he doesn't look to take it strong to the whole. He always wants a whistle.

vCash
    Alan is just playing better than Demar at this point, but both are not good enough to lead a team. And Deroz has been horrible lately. Last game against the bulls, he simply stood and watched the game unfold in OT. I thought only big guys took years to develop. Why is Demar still learning slowly? Sure he is 23, but he has been in the league for more than 4 years. He still won’t take over a game or just doesn’t have what it takes to take over a game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    im gonna say no alan is a chucker honestly if he played derozans minutes i'd be sick of him quickly
    agree but Anderson can do more on the court

vCash
    We are comparing a 7 year old Honda Accord to a 3 year old Saturn Astra fully paid. Both will never be high end but one has better features than the other.

Can Colangelo get a 5-7 year Porsche or at least an M3 Beamer instead with GPS/Bluetooth/Voice activated features with 300hp that can do 0-60 below 4 seconds.

vCash
    AA is better all around. But I'm not sure if he's the better/more impactful player.

vCash
    yes, derozan sucks we should trade him....he's so overrated. Ross will end up a way better player than derozan.

vCash
    its not even close. aa can contribute in multiple ways if dd isnt feeling it with his shot he is hardly doing anything besides cutting which anyone can do
    go home raptors, you're drunk

vCash
    AA is more versatile, but he wouldn't last if he had Derozan's role on a daily basis IMO.

There's no way he can get away shooting such horrible numbers while playing 36 mins a game. He's not even facing the better defender when him and Derozan are on the floor.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast