Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Is Alan Anderson a better overall player then Demar Derozan?

Before you say no , give these few things a thought:

Anderson is...

1- a better defender that Derozan is, and actually looks like he is trying 100% of the time.
    2- a much better 3pt shooter then Derozan is. (34.7% vs. 27.4%)
    3- a better FT shooter then Derozan is. (85.5% vs 83.6%)
    4- better at creating off the dribble and doesn't require a screen to get to the rim.

Anderson actually produces more points and more assists per 36 minutes then Derozan, and he is able to defend multiple positions. I would like to see Anderson get 30 mpg consistently for at least a couple weeks to see what kind of effect it has on this team. He put up 27 against OKC, and 27 against the Bulls. Those are 2 of the best defensive teams in the league, and he torched them both.

If you don't think he is playing better basketball then Derozan please simply state why...

vCash
    im gonna say no alan is a chucker honestly if he played derozans minutes i'd be sick of him quickly

vCash
    I think AA is better player right now.

Champs will be champs...

vCash
    AA is the better player right now. but Anderson is 30 while Derozan is 23

vCash
    It's been ages since I posted in this forum but I agree 100% with Bartron. Mind you I've never been a Demar fan so I will admit to be biased. Anderson has the intangibles that Demar doesn't have. He's tough, he defends, has a basketball IQ, and not afraid to take the big shot. Demar shrinks under pressure and can't guard. Athletically superior to Anderson but that does not make him a better player.

vCash
    He plays better defense and knows how to get his shots up. He is marginally better right now, but he does have 7 years of experience on demar. No way, will this end up being the case in a year.

vCash
    I like Anderson. He plays with panache. Derozan can get there in time but it seems like he only improves one small part of his game every summer. Like he's worked on his shot one year, his handles one year...etc. I just want him to be more complete.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    im gonna say no alan is a chucker honestly if he played derozans minutes i'd be sick of him quickly
    QFT. Alan is the prototypical streaky player. He has gobs of international experience, and that likely has given him more basketball knowledge than DeMar. That being said, DeMar is just 23 years old. He'll learn as he goes.
    Raptors count-up to 36 wins: 34 - 48 || #TankForWiggins
    http://blogasvalanciunas.tumblr.com
    Hey Cashman, fire Girardi and then yourself!

vCash
    He's not so much a better player, he's just more experienced & it shows. Demar will surpass him in time, sooner than later probably.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Alan is a better shooter, has better handles, better defender, quicker first step. He is basically better at everything you want Derozan to be better at.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    He's not so much a better player, he's just more experienced & it shows. Demar will surpass him in time, sooner than later probably.
    This

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    Alan is a better shooter, has better handles, better defender, quicker first step. He is basically better at everything you want Derozan to be better at.
    All that is because of experience. Anderson is approaching the tail end of his career(30), meanwhile Derozan is still hasn't hit the half way point yet IMO(23)

1 on 1 I'd take Derozan over Anderson. But in a team setting Anderson's experience helps him out. & it's not like the best perimeter defender is guarding Anderson all game. Teams gameplan around stopping Derozan, not so much for Anderson.
    Last edited by gwrighter; 01-18-2013 at 12:03 PM.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    All that is because of experience. Anderson is approaching the tail end of his career(30), meanwhile Derozan is still hasn't hit the half way point yet IMO(23)

1 on 1 I'd take Derozan over Anderson. But in a team setting Anderson's experience helps him out. & it's not like the best perimeter defender is guarding Anderson all game. Teams gameplan around stopping Derozan, not so much for Anderson.
    True, but Derozan is pissing me off lately so I have a bias

He has been basically useless on offense unless we run the curl for him, other than that he is just doing dribble moves that get him nowhere then ends up hoisting contested long fade away jumpers.

vCash
    I agree that Demar will improve in time but I don't see him becoming a lot better than he already is.
    Demar is not good enough to start at SG for a good team.

Champs will be champs...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps_93 View Post
    AA is the better player right now. but Anderson is 30 while Derozan is 23
    exactly what I was thinking. Also, after seeing a defence key into him, I would say that if he had defences keying into him then AA would not be as effective (although he would be better at passing out of double-teams than DeMar).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast