Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    Also, while Milwaukee isn't contending for a ring, they are too far in to tank. Don't get why they'd trade him unless they really believe he isn't resigning.
    He isn't resigning and we definitely don't want him!

vCash
    Whatever we get from the Suns is just more assets from the old Jackson/Bogut trade. So far we have Udoh and Ellis to show for. But that could expand. Just for a example Ellis and Przybilla for Beasley,Brown,Marshall. Yeah I hear Marshall isn't what everyone expected. But as a third string pg for us fine since we don't have a third string. Also ya figure Beno is a free agent after this season.

Chance we lose him. Not many pg's in this draft. Brown 6'4" pg that could maybe play a little bit of sg depending on match ups. Besides Milwaukee tried to sign him back when he was a free agent. If we don't like the Beasley asset. Then get the Lakers in the deal of Beasley,Gooden,Dalembert for Gasol and Meeks coming our way. So going forwards if the teams agree on the example trade. Out of Jackson/Bogut deal we have to show for is Gasol,Meeks,Brown,Marshall,Udoh going for us.

If the Suns don't want to part with Beasley and Lakers be happy with expiring contracts well then the Suns could send out Wesley Johnson expiring deal instead of Beasley to Lakers and we send Lakers expiring Dalembert and bad contract of Gooden for Gasol and Meeks.

But if we left out the Lakers. We could still trade Ersan for Marshon Brooks since the Nets still want Ersan. Or if the Suns change their minds and don't want Ellis. Then we could just trade Ellis for expiring deal of Al Jefferson. Then trade Ersan for Marshon Brooks and a filler. I always like the Cavs as a third team for Ersan to the Nets. Nets send Humphries to Cavs and we get Marshon Brooks and expiring contract of Luke Walton from the Cavs.

vCash
    Beasley,Brown,Marshall is not bad given upcoming pgs in draft, not sure if Dudley is better than Beasley.

With Bucks at 15, they might have to package a third player.

vCash
    Reason i'm bumping these two Suns rumors of Ellis and Jennings topic is cause Woelfel said we were close to a trade like two weeks ago. That's about right around the Suns game. Woelfel that morning before that game mentioned the Suns interested in Ellis. Then other topic I found out they wouldn't mind Jennings.
    Last edited by MILLERHIGHLIFE; 02-12-2013 at 10:42 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Reason i'm bumping these two Suns rumors of Ellis and Jennings topic is cause Woelfel said we were close to a trade like two weeks ago. That's about right around the Suns game. Woelfel that morning before that game mentioned the Suns interested in Ellis. Then other topic I found out they wouldn't mind Jennings.
    Lets say we do indeed move ersan and net Marshon. Does that make an Ellis move in a package including Gortat believeable? I'd be all for it if I knew it wouldnt stunt Larry's success and development. We certainly could use the added size.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by muelly View Post
    Lets say we do indeed move ersan and net Marshon. Does that make an Ellis move in a package including Gortat believeable? I'd be all for it if I knew it wouldnt stunt Larry's success and development. We certainly could use the added size.
    I don't see us moving Ersan right now. Just to early, we need to get more out of his contract and not to mention Henson isn't ready yet.

To your point though if we could net Marshon, I don't think getting Gortat would really stunt Larry as much as I first thought as they both do different things, especially defensively. Offensively you can never have to many rebounders can you?
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    ^^^I agree on both counts. I think now isn't the time to unload Ersan. I like personally like his game, but I also agree with your point that right now in his contract, its not really the best time. Plus he does offer something that none of our other bigs do, and that's an outside game beyond like 10 feet.

Also, I've thought that Gortat and Sanders would be perfect for each other for a while. Sanders isn't a banger, and is probably best off suited to come over the top of guys to block shots and to be a paint protector. Generally those types of guys struggle with guys with muscle. Shot blockers like Sanderes like to jump and get off of their feet quickly. The big musclular players get in their bodies and don't allow them to really elevate. Gortat could be that banger who bangs with the big guys, freeing up Sanders more.

I know this is where many people will disagree with me, but I wouldn't mind adding Henson into a deal to get better wing players, and then trading Ellis for Gortat. A three headed post rotation monster of Gortat, Sanders and Ersan would be intriguing to me, since each one of them offers a different skill set. Then try to keep a guy like Udoh to be your 4th option off the bench to play maybe 15 minutes a game or something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    ^^^I agree on both counts. I think now isn't the time to unload Ersan. I like personally like his game, but I also agree with your point that right now in his contract, its not really the best time. Plus he does offer something that none of our other bigs do, and that's an outside game beyond like 10 feet.

Also, I've thought that Gortat and Sanders would be perfect for each other for a while. Sanders isn't a banger, and is probably best off suited to come over the top of guys to block shots and to be a paint protector. Generally those types of guys struggle with guys with muscle. Shot blockers like Sanderes like to jump and get off of their feet quickly. The big musclular players get in their bodies and don't allow them to really elevate. Gortat could be that banger who bangs with the big guys, freeing up Sanders more.

I know this is where many people will disagree with me, but I wouldn't mind adding Henson into a deal to get better wing players, and then trading Ellis for Gortat. A three headed post rotation monster of Gortat, Sanders and Ersan would be intriguing to me, since each one of them offers a different skill set. Then try to keep a guy like Udoh to be your 4th option off the bench to play maybe 15 minutes a game or something.
    I would only trade Henson if it significantly enhances a trade...I mean it would have to be a game changer for me.

Henson to me gives us real leverage. Maybe not right now but next year or the year after for sure, we could at a later time look to trade Ersan and have Henson step in.

vCash
    Henson's gotta bulk up. He reminds me alot of Anthony Randolph right now with exception Randolph could put it on the floor. Henson put's it on the floor and looks confused at times. I like Henson's future and think if he were to be traded it'd be better served in a year or two. Perhaps let him learn from Larry a bit and see what you get otherwise.

Agreed if he's moved you better be getting a gamechanger. I wouldnt just sell him to sell him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by muelly View Post
    Henson's gotta bulk up. He reminds me alot of Anthony Randolph right now with exception Randolph could put it on the floor. Henson put's it on the floor and looks confused at times. I like Henson's future and think if he were to be traded it'd be better served in a year or two. Perhaps let him learn from Larry a bit and see what you get otherwise.

Agreed if he's moved you better be getting a gamechanger. I wouldnt just sell him to sell him.

I disagree with your assessment with comparing Henson to Randolph. Randolph coming out of LSU was a tweener still probably is, Henson is and always has been a pf. Not to mention Randolph never had much of a back to the basket game and Henson already has a much better game in that area.

vCash
    I like Henson's back to the basket game, but part of me hopes Larry can develop that a little more yet. I know I'm typically in the minority on this, but I like my bigs to all offer different strengths and weaknesses. That's why I sort of like a Sanders/Gortat/Ersan frontcourt rotation. They all are different players, whereas Henson and Sanders (especially if Sanders can develop any semblance of a post up game) are very similar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13:25387399
    I like Henson's back to the basket game, but part of me hopes Larry can develop that a little more yet. I know I'm typically in the minority on this, but I like my bigs to all offer different strengths and weaknesses. That's why I sort of like a Sanders/Gortat/Ersan frontcourt rotation. They all are different players, whereas Henson and Sanders (especially if Sanders can develop any semblance of a post up game) are very similar.
    Agreed

vCash
    Chris Broussard of ESPN reported on Thursday that teams are interested in the Phoenix Suns' Jared Dudley, Marcin Gortat and Markieff Morris.

The Suns have reportedly talked to the New York Knicks about Iman Shumpert and the Utah Jazz about big man Al Jefferson. Broussard reports that the Shumpert deal won't happen and the talks about Jefferson haven't gotten serious yet.

It's unlikely that the rebuilding Suns would offer the young Morris in a trade, but Dudley and Gortat are certainly possible trade chips.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...und-the-league

vCash
    only way i see us parting with henson is if it gets us a legit wing! otherwhys worst case is that we give him a few years and than have a front court of him and sanders! i think henson can bulk up and improve his jumper pair that with sanders an an improved back to the basket game and thats hell of a front court!
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    There is still that chance that Henson bulks up. I'm sure he will get stronger, but I also look at him and he doesn't really look like a guy who can really bulk up all that much. I'm sure he's been hearing ever since high school that he needs to get stronger, so I'm sure the UNC staff was working him in the weight room, but he's never really going to be a bruiser, so that makes me a bit worried about him and Sanders as long term mates, just because I think both are going to struggle with the bigger, power post players.

I'm not saying we should actively be shopping him, but if we can make a deal with him in it that legitimately makes us better long term, I'd do it for sure.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast