Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 178
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,512
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by setman2000 View Post
    I APPLAUD the NBA at the effort they make in minority hirings - MUCH more representative of the make-up of players that represent the league! But you're apparently to ignorant to know that there are still many more white coaches and asst's in the NBA compared to AA's.

    Study: 2012 NBA Racial and Gender Report Card

    The NBA continued its leading position in the sports industry with its commitment to and record for racial and gender hiring practices during the 2011-2012 NBA season. The Report Card was released by The Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sport (TIDES) at the University of Central Florida.

    The NBA received an A+ for racial hiring practices, an A- for gender hiring practices, and an A for an overall grade. The NBA achieved the highest grade for racial hiring practices and overall combined grade in the history of men’s professional sport with scores of 96.8 percent and 92.9 percent respectively.

    http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...r-report-card/
    Im sure he was talking about players. According to what you are applauding the nfl and Nba should have pre-dominantly black head coaches. And the MLB should have more Hispanic coaches than any other skin color. You are trying to hard to not be racist when in fact you just sound racist to white coaches. It's not a big deal. When there are black coaches that show the ability to win year in year out or succeed in their respective position they will be promoted. There doesn't need to be a rule because time will tell.
    Last edited by tmacsc2; 01-18-2013 at 08:51 AM.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,184
    vCash
    1500
    You've gotta be kidding me. Get out of here with this ********.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,757
    vCash
    1500
    Does no one notice the blatant trolling?

    The OP said "you need to watch more fox news" in a post on the first page.

    Considering Fox news is the laughing stock of news, and is the most skewed news source in the world, and that this is very well known, I'd say that's a big clue about the OP trolling.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY Where else
    Posts
    6,122
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    Does no one notice the blatant trolling?

    The OP said "you need to watch more fox news" in a post on the first page.

    Considering Fox news is the laughing stock of news, and is the most skewed news source in the world, and that this is very well known, I'd say that's a big clue about the OP trolling.
    I don't think he's trolling. It may come off as that but I seriously down think he is being a troll.

    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    I don't think they should be forced to hire a minority, but me as a GM I would because most of my players would be black and they would give more effort to him and be more loyal
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

    F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

    F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

    -Heat fan


  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    6,039
    vCash
    1500
    fair and balanced!

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    403
    vCash
    1500
    Who cares!!! And i am an african-american....you hire who you think is best to be successful in leading your franchise. Dont think color has anything to do with it

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    68,224
    vCash
    500
    This might be one of the dumbest threads we've seen on here.....Not to mention its pretty racist.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    ..........so?
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals


  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,512
    vCash
    1500
    There is nothing wrong with fox news or CNN they are both credible sources when you combine their stories together!

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    No offense but only white ppl think this is "a non issue" "best man got the job" lmao. Such nonsense. Completely unaware of reality. Not that this is mentioned Lovie is a the only blk coach I think was interviewed the whole process.


    And Obama won bc AMERICA VOTED FOR HIM now stop being a sore loser
    (Countdown to the "reverse racism" rebuttal)
    there is a rule in place that guarantees that you are wrong
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals


  11. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    173
    vCash
    1500
    You a racist *******! Blacks need to learn how to coach better and we wouldn't have this issue.. #ontothenextone!

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Wiesbaden Germany, By way of Philadelphia
    Posts
    300
    vCash
    1500
    The first post is a racist *** post. So you think African Americans need special attention or hand outs. A black man should be hired because he's the right man, not because there isn't enough of "his kind." Shut up and stop trying to create an issue out of nothing


  13. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    This is why I absolutely hate all these racial arguments. Everyone claims they want equality, but they are lying through heir teeth. No one wants equality, they want the benefits they have now but to be equal in the things they are not benefiting from. The fact that anyone could even remotely think that because most of the NFL is black that few black coaches is a problem is beyond racist. Why it is a problem that there are few black coaches but it’s completely fine that there are many more black players? Why can people be ok with the idea that black players are just better than whites most of the time, but it’s absurd to think that maybe white’s coaches are better? Why is it ok to say we need more black coaches, but If a white person said we need more white players they would be a racist?

    No minority coaches were hired this year for a very good reason, they were none that were the best candidate. Saying we need more black coaches is the most racist thing ever, because you basically just said that coach’s best qualification is his skin color. This isn’t the time of segregation, people are not losing out on jobs because of their skin color. There is far too much money in the NFL to hire anyone but the person who is thought to do the best job.

    Anyone thinking otherwise than what I just said is racist, whether you know it or not.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals


  14. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY Where else
    Posts
    6,122
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ttemptt View Post
    You a racist *******! Blacks need to learn how to coach better and we wouldn't have this issue.. #ontothenextone!
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

    F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

    F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

    -Heat fan


  15. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,785
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    Ummm, I think the coaches were hired because they were viewed as the right man for the job not because of the color of their skin...

    Whenever Stanford's coach decides to leave for the NFL, that's a sure bet minority hire.

    Mmm, but I do think someone should have hired Lovie. I'll take Lovie > Arians
    For real? I was hoping Arizona would hire Horton. Arians scares me. I do like Horton as a DC though. Kind of glad he'll be leaving the NFC West.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •