Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    This is an old argument and one I believe to be outdated - I cannot think of one minority candidate that would have been a better fit than the 8 coaches that were hired. I am certain that owners of franchises worth several hundred million dollars each did their due dilligence and hired the person they believed to be the best fit for their franchise. I am not foolish enough to think race does not play a part in many day to day actions, but in the case of hiring the best fit to lead one of the 32 most lucritive businesses in the world, I do not think it played a factor at all.

It's okay to question if each hire was right for the job but it's difficult to come up with an example where I can say that a minority hire would have been a better fit in this go 'round. If someone has a name they would like to debate with, I'm all ears..... Romeo Crennel did a dreadful job, and perhaps folks believe Lovie Smith could use a year off after turning a 7-1 start into early tee times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaruth49 View Post
    This is an old argument and one I believe to be outdated - I cannot think of one minority candidate that would have been a better fit than the 8 coaches that were hired. I am certain that owners of franchises worth several hundred million dollars each did their due dilligence and hired the person they believed to be the best fit for their franchise. I am not foolish enough to think race does not play a part in many day to day actions, but in the case of hiring the best fit to lead one of the 32 most lucritive businesses in the world, I do not think it played a factor at all.

It's okay to question if each hire was right for the job but it's difficult to come up with an example where I can say that a minority hire would have been a better fit in this go 'round. If someone has a name they would like to debate with, I'm all ears..... Romeo Crennel did a dreadful job, and perhaps folks believe Lovie Smith could use a year off after turning a 7-1 start into early tee times.
    Let's not forget Singletary whose coaching style is highlighted by pulling his pants down and berating players in public.

But, all the examples aside, in my view, it is a performance based business, you win, you stay, you lose you get fired whether you are black, white, green or yellow.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    The USA consists of 13% African Americans so based on that math their should only be 4 African American coaches which is one less then what we have...and 16% Hispanic and that would be 5 Hispanic coaches and there is only 1 Hispanic coach so if anything black coaches actually have it better off Hispanic coaches have it harder...man i love playing devils advocate

vCash
    [QUOTE=subroc;25135845]Let's not forget Singletary whose coaching style is highlighted by pulling his pants down and berating players in public.

But, all the examples aside, in my view, it is a performance based business, you win, you stay, you lose you get fired whether you are black, white, green or yellow.[/QUOTE]

Could not agree more - perfectly stated.

vCash
    Ok if there's a problem with white coaches getting hired and not black coaches then I guess I can say there's a problem with more African Americans being on rosters in the NFL and NBA then there are whites. I mean all that matters is the persons race not the credentials he has right? So screw all those white coaches who got hired, lovie should of gotten that cardinal job without hesitation or an interview because it was the last job available and he is the #1 minority for the job. Here's the truth, when you the minority cry and pull out the racist card on us the majority, you are being the one who is racist because your accusing us the majority of a crime we didn't commit because why? Because we're of different color. This is why this story is BS

Desean "Jet" Jackson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by setman2000 View Post
    It doesn't have to be a conspiracy for rich, old, backass white men to be racist!
    Just because you're white doesnt make you racist, and just because you're a minority doesn't mean you're not racist. They hired someone they thought would help them win. If they didnt they wouldn't make money, and I'm pretty sure that's what most owners care about
    Proud to be PSD's Danny Woodhead

vCash
    Yeah, I should have mentioned this in the post but wasn't sure how many minorities were even interviewed but it did seem like I could think of virtually NONE!
    Do jobs come knocking on your door or do you have to request an interview? Perry Fewell, DC of the NYG, was aggressive in pursing a HC job last year. Fewell apparently wasn't a very good interview and Giants hieracrchy worked on his interview skills. This offseason however, Fewell applied nowhere. Didn't even attempt to keep those interview skills sharp. It was his choice. Like a football schedule, you can only play who is on the schedule and during an inteview process you only interview who applies.

Hilarious. I'm a 45 year old college educated white male who happens to think minority hiring in sports, and in this case the NFL specifically, comes up WAY short of where it should be.
    Might want to ask your college for a refund b/c your blanket statement doesn't include any details pertaining to which candidates you prefer for each or any HCoaching position. YOU made it ALL about color. Now you play a race card?

vCash
    can i start a thread stating that theres not enough white people in the nba?
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    Lovie Smith wasnt hired ????

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS TURN! View Post
    can i start a thread stating that theres not enough white people in the nba?
    I APPLAUD the NBA at the effort they make in minority hirings - MUCH more representative of the make-up of players that represent the league! But you're apparently to ignorant to know that there are still many more white coaches and asst's in the NBA compared to AA's.

Study: 2012 NBA Racial and Gender Report Card

The NBA continued its leading position in the sports industry with its commitment to and record for racial and gender hiring practices during the 2011-2012 NBA season. The Report Card was released by The Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sport (TIDES) at the University of Central Florida.

The NBA received an A+ for racial hiring practices, an A- for gender hiring practices, and an A for an overall grade. The NBA achieved the highest grade for racial hiring practices and overall combined grade in the history of men’s professional sport with scores of 96.8 percent and 92.9 percent respectively.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...r-report-card/

vCash
    Obama won women at 55%, ALL non-white voters at 80%, gays at 75% and the 29 and under at 60%. I have no idea what Obama has to do with an NFL player pool that has 60% minorities and a coaches pool that has less than 10%. That, IMO, shows blatant discrimination in hiring practices. Watch some more Fox News!
    Obama is half white. Just throwing that out there.

Stating that the % of minority coaches should reflect the % of minority players is as ridiculous is saying the % of minority players should reflect the % of minorities in the population. It's the best man for the job period. Whether it be a groundkeeper, to a QB, to a coach. If these owners are so racist, why are they drafting black players? I'll answer, because they want to win. The same reason they hire the best coach for the job regardless of his skin color.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    —Arthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

vCash
    fantastic observation Einstein!
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash
    I mean. It's all performance based. If Tony Dungy said he wanted to coach again...he'd have a job right away. I was surprised that the Cardinals didn't just promote Ray Horton, but I can bet it wasnt because of his skin color.

vCash
    Please just tell me what minority coach is better suited for the jobs posted...

Arizona- Bruce Arians, this guy just lead a 2-14 team to 10-6 with a playoff appearance....AS AN INTERIM head coach.

Jacksonville- Gus Bradley, This guy just greatly improved a very young seahawks defense to number 1 in the league in the regular season. The defense he coached held Green bay to 12 points NE to 23 points and Dal to 7

San Diego- Mike McCoy, Regarded as a premiere offense mind coach who makes ordinary QBs look nearly like franchise players with his ability to adapt the play calling to his QB

Chicago- Marc Trestman, Coming from 2 championships in canada in 2009-10 and widely known as a QB guru also with the bears lacking offensive minded coaching this will instantly boost their offense and help Jay cutler immensely

Cleveland- Rob Chudniski, along with Mike McCoy he is another one of the premiere offensive minds in the NFL and we all know clevelands offense needs help.

Buffalo- Doug Marrone, Another offensive minded coach who helped lead the Saints 2006-2008 high powered offensive attack

Cheifs- Andy Reid, Nuff said guy is a legend in the world of coaches.

Eagles- Chip Kelly, Hands down the best fit for the Eagles speed demon team, get this team to run his offense and teams will have a hard time keeping up, then pull a switcharoo and go to nfl style offense and teams will be baffled.

Lovie smith could possibly have landed in one of these coaching jobs but his style of coaching (defensive mind) is not whats in right now people want the prolific offense that will put points on the board. And not a lot of head coaches get fired and then re-hired as a new head coach the next year. Andy Reid this year is the only exception

So give me one "minority" that would trump these hires

vCash
    I don't think they should be forced to hire a minority, but me as a GM I would because most of my players would be black and they would give more effort to him and be more loyal
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast