Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    No disrespect intended but topics like this do far more to fuel racism then no minority coached being hired. The coaches that where hired all have proper backgrounds and experience and where hired strictly on ability and how the people they interviewed with viewed them and not skin pigmentation.
    Striving for a kinder, gentler PhillyFaninLA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    If someone can show me evidence of actual racism and biasedness towards white, great. If not, than sit down.
    *stands up in a staunch manner*

*sits down*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Not that this is mentioned Lovie is a the only blk coach I think was interviewed the whole process.
    Yeah, I should have mentioned this in the post but wasn't sure how many minorities were even interviewed but it did seem like I could think of virtually NONE!

vCash
    Close this thread created by a MINORITY!!!

Punks like this are the reason this BS is discussed!!!

vCash
    I guess some ppl are still just blind to it...it's how white rb/wr are viewed in the nfl..how black qbs are viewed (although they've come a long way from that)...it's how white basketball players are viewed in the nba...it's why ppl were so amazed at the Jeremy Lin story...and yes black coaches in the NFL fall under this

vCash
    This thread is ridiculous. Why even bring it up? All the owners in the league care only about 1 thing -A SUPERBOWL! To bring RACE into it, shows how ignorant someone can really be....

And the Rooney Rule is ridiculous too.

vCash
    Lmao? Why is everyone so mad? LoL ... is it impossible that there could be racism in the nfl ? .... ANYONE KNOW WHY!! OWNERS HAVE TO INTERVIEW MINORITYS?????? ROONEY RULE! thats because there IS RACISM. That rule only proves there is lol.

Btw im white, and for other white people to be so mad about this? It makes you guys actually look like racist.
    Eagles Did Win a Championship, it just was not the Superbowl , we beat Lombardi's Packers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Badluck33 View Post
    This thread is ridiculous. Why even bring it up? All the owners in the league care only about 1 thing -A SUPERBOWL! To bring RACE into it, shows how ignorant someone can really be....

And the Rooney Rule is ridiculous too.
    most care about making money lol
    and why is it a bad rule? Should the Nfl only have white coaches?
    be smarter bro, you sound stupid, your saying a rule is ridiculous? Why ? do you dislike other people besides white skin?
    Eagles Did Win a Championship, it just was not the Superbowl , we beat Lombardi's Packers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikingfan84 View Post
    Close this thread created by a MINORITY!!!

Punks like this are the reason this BS is discussed!!!
    Hilarious. I'm a 45 year old college educated white male who happens to think minority hiring in sports, and in this case the NFL specifically, comes up WAY short of where it should be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    If someone can show me evidence of actual racism and biasedness towards white, great. If not, than sit down.
    Easy, open your eyes. No one is saying owners are sitting back saying not to hire minority coaches. But your witnessing the affects of the generations before that DID say that. Same ones said black qbs weren't intelligent and my new fav the ones who said spread offense scramblers will never make it in the nfl.
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    this thread cant be serious? does the OP want teams to tire black coaches just for the sake of hiring them? if they arent right for the job they arent getting hired

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 8 Yards: 142 TD: 2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    Ummm, I think the coaches were hired because they were viewed as the right man for the job not because of the color of their skin...

Whenever Stanford's coach decides to leave for the NFL, that's a sure bet minority hire.

Mmm, but I do think someone should have hired Lovie. I'll take Lovie > Arians
    how so? plays Lovie missed the playoffs 6 straight years, thats not gonna intrigue a team

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 8 Yards: 142 TD: 2

vCash
    Are there too many black players in the NFL?

Should there be a quota that reflects society in general?

Maybe based on the city or region that the team is located? Oakland has X % of black or white or minority citizens so the team has to have a similar % of black or white or minority players.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Are there too many black players in the NFL?

Should there be a quota that reflects society in general?

Maybe based on the city or region that the team is located? Oakland has X % of black or white or minority citizens so the team has to have a similar % of black or white or minority players.
    What would you call the hiring practices of a company that had 60% minority "Workers" but less than 10% minorites in "Management" positions? I'd say there's some racial biased in there!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by setman2000 View Post
    What would you call the hiring practices of a company that had 60% minority "Workers" but less than 10% minorites in "Management" positions? I'd say there's some racial biased in there!
    No problem, sounds great. Management and players will reflect the community at large, at least to some % goal. So if the region has 40 % blacks there must be, as a goal, some effort for the team and coaching staff to reflect that. If the region is 95% white there must be some effort for the team to reflect that.

I applaud you for bringing this issue to our attention!
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast