Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    vCash
    What about the NFL not letting black QB's win the superbowl....why are we not talking about that as well. It is clearly a conspiracy as well. I bet the same people are behind it.

vCash
    How is this thread still open? OP is correct obv.

vCash
    If you ask me, the Rooney Rule is racist. Making a team interview someone in the minority because of the color of their skin is demeaning towards the minority. How would it make you feel if you were being interviewed for a job and told you that they wont hire you but are only talking to you because they are being forced to by the government.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    White players have never had barriers preventing them from succeeding in football (or anywhere in society), and they still don't. The NFL already was dominated by white players in the past and teams sign white players all the time. Some positions (QB for example) are still white-dominated. Your arguments are either ignorance or loosely-disguised racism, take your pick.
    and the only thing a black coach has now preventing them from the job is other more qualified coaches. quaterbakcs are dominated by whites ebcuas ethe best qbs justs o happen to be white right now. it's neither ignorance or racism, its just the truth
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    It still has value. If the minority candidate has a good interview, the GM could give them a strong recommendation for a coaching position elsewhere or hire them in another coaching position (like coordinator or position coach).
    why aren't teams required to interview a white guy as well then? they could interview a minority candidate first and hire him on the spot. how is that fair and not racist?

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Right, that's what I'm saying. Race hasn't been an issue with signing players for a while. That's why the black/white balance of players in the NFL is a non-issue.
    its not an issue with coaches right now either. and no its not a non-issue, thats exactly whats wrong with this arguement. this goes back to my point that people don't want equality. the want to keep the benifits they have now while losing the inequalities. in reality equality means you lose both. if you are ok wioth the playing field being dominated by one race, you have to be ok with another race dominating the coaching or you are a racist hypocrite, simple as that

vCash
    Setman I would suggest you not look at the NBA forum right now.... A BLACK COACH JUST GOT FIRED!!!! :sad:

That makes for three of the four Head Coaches that got fired this year Black! So just try not to go and kill a whole lot of white people over this news.
    @paulpierce34 I told Wade I will **** his mom like how my man D. West did his mans. Thats why I got ejected
    Ignore List:
    AIMelo=KillaDUO; Reason: Makes up stories to protect the one he beats his meat to everynight(Melo)
    Chucky Woods; Reason: Packer Homer that just talks outta his Azz
    HaruSoul; Reason: Sanchez homer can't see that he is a POS qb
    Hustlenomics; Reason: Good luck debating with this Ronda homer
    nickdymez; Reason: Kobe/Laker homer but didn't even know how the Lakers got Kobe

vCash
    lol, and I'm sure you've debunked them. I'm not claiming conspiracy. I'm explaining it on the basis of history and structure. You've essentially responded with "lol no." I won't bother arguing with you though. You consistently stubbornly refuse to listen to reason, logic, or facts.
    if thats the case, we need a rule saying that each tema needs to interview a jewish coach sinc ethey were persecuted by the germans and egyptians back in history. histroy proves it hapopeend then so it must still be a problem now right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkyoutsider View Post
    I thought Lovie Smith should have been hired somewhere. The only mistake he made was hiring Mike Martz. Other than that, he's always gotten the most out of the players he had. All you can do as a coach is get the best performances out of the players you're given from management so I think he should have been hired somewhere.

I think we can't be naive on this subject though. I have a feeling that some organizations don't worry about race and just hire the right guy. Then, there may be some who take a lesser qualified individual because he's white. I think we'll never know though because we're not privy to those conversations or can jump inside the heads of these owners.

What we can comment on are the facts, which the op stated. It is a shame 0 minorities have been hired. All we can hope is the NFL and these clubs do the right thing.

Here's a thought to consider? I wonder how many minority players retire and don't go into coaching? What's the percentage? And, from the percentage of minorities who do choose to go into coaching, which percentage choose to coach in the NFL?
    its a results driven league. the misktae he made was making the playoffs once in the last 6 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by #1 Romo fan View Post
    If you ask me, the Rooney Rule is racist. Making a team interview someone in the minority because of the color of their skin is demeaning towards the minority. How would it make you feel if you were being interviewed for a job and told you that they wont hire you but are only talking to you because they are being forced to by the government.
    it says that their best qualification is their race

vCash
    Besides Love Smith, what other minority coaches were out there? I know Juan Custillo but he hasn't really proved himself yet.

vCash
    Slavery ended over 140+ years ago folks, quit bringing the race card up everytime something goes against you. The nation is ran by a black man, and im pretty sure blacks and whites have equal rights these days. Whites were the first slaves on the history of the earth just fyi.

vCash
    Lovie Smith = nice man, mediocre coach

Lot's of mediocre white coaches unemployed this year, where is their thread??
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112