Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Of the 8 new head coaches hired NOT ONE minority!

2 out of the 8 coaches fired after the season were minorities. None of their 8 replacements were. The NFL continues to go in the wrong direction when it comes to minorities in head coaching (and assistant coaching) positions. Minorities make up appx. 60% of the NFL players yet they now hold just 3 of the 32 head coaching positions, less than 10%.

I think a great example of this is my Denver Broncos. In the last 2 years, both the Broncos DC and OC have been given a shot to lead teams and neither one had any previous experience or were exactly household names. Dennis Allen was hired as the Raiders coach last year and Mike McCoy was just hired to lead the Chargers. I'm not saying they didn't deserve their chance but it's an example of 2 white assistants that were chosen with no previous head coaching experience. By the way, the Broncos replaced both men with white coaches.

I think it would be awesome to see some kind of protest from not just minority players, but all players before the kickoff of Game 1 this year. Maybe just meet at midfield in solidarity to say to owners and GM's that we need more minorities in the coaching ranks, not less. The fact that the NFL is down to 3 AA head coaches is disgusting!
    Last edited by setman2000; 01-18-2013 at 05:49 AM.

vCash
    Ummm, I think the coaches were hired because they were viewed as the right man for the job not because of the color of their skin...

Whenever Stanford's coach decides to leave for the NFL, that's a sure bet minority hire.

Mmm, but I do think someone should have hired Lovie. I'll take Lovie > Arians
    Last edited by Aust; 01-18-2013 at 05:43 AM.

vCash
    It must be racism and it is clearly a conspiracy.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    you're so right. real ****** stand up!

vCash
    You're allowed to hire whoever you want. I'm sure if they thought a black candidate would help them win the most, they would hire him. It would make zero sense not to.

A protest? For what? Seriously?!

I have NEVER said this one single time, but I think this was an intentional stir the pot thread
    Last edited by KingPosey; 01-18-2013 at 05:50 AM.

vCash
    All I have to say is this is complete BS!!! Who gives a **** about whether or not a black man or white man is hired. If he doesn't do well in his interview then he isn't cut out for the job. If these teams were racist then they would be against drafting black players. This is a terrible story that the minority brought up because there the only ones who care, probably the same people who voted for Obama. That's not racist it's the truth, proof coming from young adults at school who knew nothing about politics but voted purely on the fact he was black. Therefore this story is dumb and shouldn't be an issue

And this coming from a guy who's favorite coach is Tomlin

Desean "Jet" Jackson

vCash
    idiotic OP is idiotic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    It must be racism and it is clearly a conspiracy.
    It doesn't have to be a conspiracy for rich, old, backass white men to be racist!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNation24 View Post
    All I have to say is this is complete BS!!! Who gives a **** about whether or not a black man or white man is hired. If he doesn't do well in his interview then he isn't cut out for the job. If these teams were racist then they would be against drafting black players. This is a terrible story that the minority brought up because there the only ones who care, probably the same people who voted for Obama. That's not racist it's the truth, proof coming from young adults at school who knew nothing about politics but voted purely on the fact he was black. Therefore this story is dumb and shouldn't be an issue

And this coming from a guy who's favorite coach is Tomlin
    Obama won women at 55%, ALL non-white voters at 80%, gays at 75% and the 29 and under at 60%. I have no idea what Obama has to do with an NFL player pool that has 60% minorities and a coaches pool that has less than 10%. That, IMO, shows blatant discrimination in hiring practices. Watch some more Fox News!

vCash
    Alright guys, let's stop with the political posts.

vCash
    No offense but only white ppl think this is "a non issue" "best man got the job" lmao. Such nonsense. Completely unaware of reality. Not that this is mentioned Lovie is a the only blk coach I think was interviewed the whole process.

And Obama won bc AMERICA VOTED FOR HIM now stop being a sore loser
    (Countdown to the "reverse racism" rebuttal)
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Someone should fire who they think will win them games and hire a black dude so people aren't offended.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    No offense but only white ppl think this is "a non issue" "best man got the job" lmao. Such nonsense. Completely unaware of reality. Not that this is mentioned Lovie is a the only blk coach I think was interviewed the whole process.

And Obama won bc AMERICA VOTED FOR HIM now stop being a sore loser
    (Countdown to the "reverse racism" rebuttal)
    You are right, owners made a conscious decision to not hire someone because they are black.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by setman2000 View Post
    It doesn't have to be a conspiracy for rich, old, backass white men to be racist!
    Oh...not a conspiracy, it is assumed.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    If someone can show me evidence of actual racism and biasedness towards white, great. If not, than sit down.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast