Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    WHO DAT NATION
    Posts
    6,202
    vCash
    1500

    Joe Flacco or Matt Ryan

    Who gained the most respect from you by advancing to their respective Conference championship games, Flacco or Ryan?
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    joe flacco. matt ryan has won 1 playoff game his whole career and it was at home. flacoc sets the record for most road playoff wins if he pulls out a victory sunday and is going to his THIRD afc title game, not first like ryan. they were drafted in the same draft and have had good teams thorughout their careers, so its not like you can say well flacco was on the mich better team. both have had their chances, flaccos ravens have capitalized while ryans falcons ahve not
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    31,713
    vCash
    500
    I'm too biased to truly respond, but Ryan has had to carry his team [Mostly, defense has been slightly above average]. Granted, he has carried it with some nasty receivers but the talent really ends there. 3 deep at receiver/TE and Ryan is where the offensive talent ends. [You can maybe add Clabo. He spent half the season as amongst the worst tackles in the NFL and is now suddenly amongst the best]




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    522
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    joe flacco. matt ryan has won 1 playoff game his whole career and it was at home. flacoc sets the record for most road playoff wins if he pulls out a victory sunday and is going to his THIRD afc title game, not first like ryan. they were drafted in the same draft and have had good teams thorughout their careers, so its not like you can say well flacco was on the mich better team. both have had their chances, flaccos ravens have capitalized while ryans falcons ahve not
    Right, because Atlanta was so good the NFL gave them the #1 pick to take Ryan.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Posts
    10,543
    vCash
    1500
    I'd say Flacco gained more respect from me. I've had a lot of respect for Ryan for awhile now.

    Wasn't Ryan the third pick?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyTeam View Post
    Right, because Atlanta was so good the NFL gave them the #1 pick to take Ryan.
    ryan was taken with the number 3 pick (jake long was the number one pick that year). the ravens had the number 8 pick that same year and traded down to take flacco, so it wans't like flacco went to a stellar team. both teams were bad and then drafted each of them and turned it around. their situations are extremely compareable
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    867
    vCash
    1500
    The supporting cast argument is bad for this case. They have both been on STACKED teams. Flacco until this year has played on the best Defense in the AFC. He has Ray Rice, Boldin, Smith and the best Guard in the league in Yanda.

    Matt Ryan plays for a top 5 Defense. He has the best weapons in the NFL at his disposal.

    So the supporting cast issues are dumb. Neither of these guys have carried teams like Brady, Rodgers, Manning or Brees.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,224
    vCash
    1500
    My dislike for both is overwhelming, but I give Matty Ice some credit for that last minute drive. Flacco threw a bomb into what should have been double coverage, only to strike gold when Mike Adams turned into Tim McKeyer (1995 AFC Championship game).
    I have no horse left in this stupid playoff race-so lets go SF!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    31,713
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    The supporting cast argument is bad for this case. They have both been on STACKED teams. Flacco until this year has played on the best Defense in the AFC. He has Ray Rice, Boldin, Smith and the best Guard in the league in Yanda.

    Matt Ryan plays for a top 5 Defense. He has the best weapons in the NFL at his disposal.

    So the supporting cast issues are dumb. Neither of these guys have carried teams like Brady, Rodgers, Manning or Brees.
    If Atlanta is a top 5 defense why does everyone predict SF will drop 30+ on us? [Legit question] I don't get it because people always say Ryan is surrounded by a ton of talent but when it comes to Atlanta people say they're one dimensional and need to pass to win.




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    columbus, oh
    Posts
    1,442
    vCash
    1500
    Flacco hasnt gained any of my respect, tbh. as far as that Bronco game is concerned, he just threw the ball up in the air and prayed, and his prayers were answered with a horrible defensive play by the Broncos safety.

    Ryan, on the other hand, has shown to me this year that he can make all the throws and can be an elite level quarterback. Flacco will forever be mediocre.
    Bulls
    Bears
    White Sox

    AND YOUR NEW STANLEY CUP CHAMPS, THE BLACKHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Donating blood: Red and Gold+
    Posts
    30,148
    vCash
    9165
    Flacco impressed me this postseason thus far. Matty thin ice will have to eliminate my red and gold decisively for me to look favorably in his direction.


    Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    867
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Nivar View Post
    If Atlanta is a top 5 defense why does everyone predict SF will drop 30+ on us? [Legit question] I don't get it because people always say Ryan is surrounded by a ton of talent but when it comes to Atlanta people say they're one dimensional and need to pass to win.
    They rode Turner for the first couple of years. And Matt Ryan has continually layed eggs in the playoffs. Not the defense. I like the guy and I think he has turned the corner this year, but we shall see.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    871
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    They rode Turner for the first couple of years. And Matt Ryan has continually layed eggs in the playoffs. Not the defense. I like the guy and I think he has turned the corner this year, but we shall see.
    I'm pretty sure Flacco has been living off of Ray Rice for a while too. If I had to start a franchise today with one, I would pick Ryan. More intelligent and is better with the heat on him. Something I want my quarterback to be. Flacco though has been getting way to much heat as of late before the playoffs had started. I like the guy and he's got a cannon for an arm, but I just don't trust him.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    256
    vCash
    1500
    Flacco gained alot of my respect in the divisional round. The bottom line is he shows up in the big games and plays big. He kind of reminds me of Eli. He is really inconsistent, everybody hates on him, but when its time for playoffs he is slinging it. He has a great arm, but he needs to improve on his short throws. He's not the type of Qb to take his team on 12 play drives with short intermediate throws. If he could learn to do that and win a super bowl while playing consistently, then he would be elite in my opinion.

    Matt Ryan on the other hand already has the talent of an elite QB. He just needs to start having real playoff success. Once he does that he will be elite in my eyes. Could happen this year.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    867
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox_mattyice3 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Flacco has been living off of Ray Rice for a while too. If I had to start a franchise today with one, I would pick Ryan. More intelligent and is better with the heat on him. Something I want my quarterback to be. Flacco though has been getting way to much heat as of late before the playoffs had started. I like the guy and he's got a cannon for an arm, but I just don't trust him.
    I agree. Which is why I don't get the supporting case argument. They have both had an embarrassment of riches.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •