Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: how much do you think Derozan has improved?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • A lot. Stats don't prove it but I can tell by the eyeball test

5 15.63%
  • A decent amount.

18 56.25%
  • Little to no improvement, can tell by the stats and by watching him play

9 28.13%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    While he's putting up similar numbers, his shot has actually improved.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...shooting/2013/
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...shooting/2012/

If he keeps continuing to improve his game, he could be a decent player 2-3 years down the line.

I'm more excited about Terrance Ross though.
    Yes.

vCash
    demar is a low iq player who doesnt use his skills/natural abilities to his advantage. he tries to play wat outside of his comfort zone with pathetic attempts. go back to dunking and spotting up. he cant create and he cant take any kind of off balance shot without missing horibly. this is his ceiling he isnt getting any better. and as much as i love him hes just not worth the contract. there are plenty of d leaguers who could do what he does

vCash
    a month ago we were praising him. hes having a crappy string of 9 games. i rather wait till the end of the season, especially seeing how some posters have forgotten their praise for him which went on for 30 games or they have flip flop their views which is the norm for raptor fans

vCash
    Derozen is one of our best players and you wouldn't know it from last night, We should include him in a Rudy gay trade now. Derozen is too much of a liability for the minutes he recieves. Gay is only 26 and makes a boat load of money but the fans need something to look forward to and the team needs someone who will draw other talent here. Derozen is a figgin Goast in far too many games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    a month ago we were praising him. hes having a crappy string of 9 games. i rather wait till the end of the season, especially seeing how some posters have forgotten their praise for him which went on for 30 games or they have flip flop their views which is the norm for raptor fans
    even then I wasn't impressed. he was still the same player but was just on a scoring roll. Same thing I felt about Barfnani and his 10 game run last year. Scorers go on hot streaks and droughts. I'm talking about expanding his skillset mostly. Like ability to shoot from outside, pass, defend, create own shot, etc...he hasn't improved much at all, and the numbers show it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    even then I wasn't impressed. he was still the same player but was just on a scoring roll. Same thing I felt about Barfnani and his 10 game run last year. Scorers go on hot streaks and droughts. I'm talking about expanding his skillset mostly. Like ability to shoot from outside, pass, defend, create own shot, etc...he hasn't improved much at all, and the numbers show it.
    I like him personally, but I agree with this. I want him to do better but I don't know if he will really improve much considering how hard it has been for him to improve since breaking into the league. It's a shame because he is exactly what you want in a person. The NBA is full of dickheads and we have a class act in DeRozan. Problem is that he's just not progressing enough, not for the demands of his intensely competitive position.

vCash
    yea, you'd expect someone with his size/length/athleticism to be a way better rebounder and defender but it just hasn't happened. The way he's progressed, it looks like he is what he is. Decent scorer that will put up pts if he gets a high volume of shots, but not much else. Don't think he'll become what we all hope he'd become. Maybe he can be a late bloomer but I doubt it. Love his work ethic and attitude, but he just doesn't seem to have the ball IQ to be an all-star level player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    I think pretty much, the same people are staying the course however I think you are right there are a few who are changing their stance.

Actually it's better late than never. Some are now more drawn to reality that his skillset is very limited and not congruent with the amount of money and length of contract he got before the appropriate annual review.

Nobody in here is forcing someone to jump off the bandwagon, just like you...who would rather wait until the end of the season to pass judgment. That is actually commendable but the GM thought otherwise.

vCash
    He needs to man up and get to the ****en line and stop with these long 2's, fade away bs. He thinks he's prime Rip Hamilton or Reggie Miller or something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    He needs to man up and get to the ****en line and stop with these long 2's, fade away bs. He thinks he's prime Rip Hamilton or Reggie Miller or something.
    a bench role might do him good he doesn't play with energy i thought he was suppose to be a high flyer doesn't look like one.

vCash
    We need to make a trade now. We need to get a player like wilson chandler or rudy gay

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dylanreidchiu View Post
    We need to make a trade now. We need to get a player like wilson chandler or rudy gay

THANK U, I would take either of the 2, preferably Chandler for financial reasons and we wouldn't have to give up as much

vCash
    We also need a Center.. Amir has alot of heart but he is getting pounded on a nightly basis. we need a Big body down low. Sammy D perhaps, I have seen online that he is available

vCash
    i have never been a fan of DD, he just isn't a smart player out there. makes bad decisions all the time. he is not a player you build around

vCash
    Agreed

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast