Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: how much do you think Derozan has improved?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • A lot. Stats don't prove it but I can tell by the eyeball test

5 15.63%
  • A decent amount.

18 56.25%
  • Little to no improvement, can tell by the stats and by watching him play

9 28.13%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    nope 4.4...he's on my fantasy team. that's garbage for someone with his size and athleticism. he should get 5.5-6 rpg.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    he ha shown alot of improvements i think the eye test can easily tell that, teams are defending him differently and there is a scouting report on him now so he will need to get use to that.
    The eye test doesn't tell you anything unless you're a trained scout and know what to look for.

Teams are defending him differently because he's the primary guy on offence. There have always been scouting reports on him, but they're keying in on him because nobody else is really a threat.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    That still doesn't address the fact that he's been pretty damn inefficient with his shots. I didn't say he wasn't better than day one. You pulled that one out of nowhere. What I said is he hasn't shown much improvement at least as far as this season is concerned. And all the numbers show that's exactly the case.
    I never said he was efficient and as for the latter, it was how you worded it but fair enough.

vCash
    Funny, I did some really rudimentary projections for DeRozan a few years back. They were actually for his 3rd year in the league, but they are really not far off at all. His eFG% and TS% are even worse than my most pessimistic projections, and the only thing better is his PPG because his USG% is higher than my projections suggested - I never expected him to be used as a #1 option since I didn't expect much improvement - shockingly, his USG% has skyrocketed despite little improvement.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/44665573/DeRozanProjections2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan View Post
    Funny, I did some really rudimentary projections for DeRozan a few years back. They were actually for his 3rd year in the league, but they are really not far off at all. His eFG% and TS% are even worse than my most pessimistic projections, and the only thing better is his PPG because his USG% is higher than my projections suggested - I never expected him to be used as a #1 option since I didn't expect much improvement - shockingly, his USG% has skyrocketed despite little improvement.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/44665573/DeRozanProjections2
    Cool, try watching a game maybe, and how is a few years back his 3rd season...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I Rock Shaqs View Post
    Cool, try watching a game maybe, and how is a few years back his 3rd season...
    Well, I said BEFORE his third season, the projections were FOR his third season. So this would be near the end of his SECOND season which 2010/11, 2ish years ago. Not gonna answer to the "try watching a game maybe" because I watch every Raptors game and see the same things you see: a limited offensive player who jacks up too many long 2s to be an impact scorer, who struggles on the defensive end and doesn't add much to the game aside from some balls in the basket, albeit inefficiently.

vCash
    Derozan has improved as a half-court player. When he came into the league he was pretty much only a threat in transition.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    Derozan has improved as a half-court player. When he came into the league he was pretty much only a threat in transition.
    well obviously. I mentioned this before...he improved the things that players naturally improve...shooting and confidence. But in the other things that he's poor at, deep shooting, passing, rebounding, defense, ball handling, shot creation, etc...he still can't do, or they come and go. He's obviously improved on the obvious stuff...but how much has he improved all-around as a player? He's still very inefficient and is one-dimensional.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456