Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: how much do you think Derozan has improved?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • A lot. Stats don't prove it but I can tell by the eyeball test

5 15.63%
  • A decent amount.

18 56.25%
  • Little to no improvement, can tell by the stats and by watching him play

9 28.13%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    The worse people not only in the forum but in the world are the people that can't admit they are/were wrong, they just keep going into denial and after a while it gets real annoying, unfourtantly the Raptors forum is chalk full of these people and this thread would be a valid point of evidence...
    We are Anonymous,
    We are Legion,
    We do not forgive,
    We do not forget,
    Expect us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ACanadian View Post
    The worse people not only in the forum but in the world are the people that can't admit they are/were wrong, they just keep going into denial and after a while it gets real annoying, unfourtantly the Raptors forum is chalk full of these people and this thread would be a valid point of evidence...
    looks like some of them want derozan to fail.

vCash
    what i dont get is, there are certain guys on the team that just suck and can be easily replaced.... why focus hate on a piece like derozan, who for this team, is almost irreplaceable. MAYBE, if we were the heat or another elite team with a boatload of talent, but in our situation, demar is integral to our success. we are EASILY a worse team without him, so why not talk about what he DOES bring to the table and not what he doesnt.

2015 is OURS!
    #WeTheNorth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsumadchat View Post
    what i dont get is, there are certain guys on the team that just suck and can be easily replaced.... why focus hate on a piece like derozan, who for this team, is almost irreplaceable. MAYBE, if we were the heat or another elite team with a boatload of talent, but in our situation, demar is integral to our success. we are EASILY a worse team without him, so why not talk about what he DOES bring to the table and not what he doesnt.
    IMO, i think Derozan can be easily replaced.

weren't people saying (including me) that Derozan goes the other way for a trade for Gay? that's replaceable right there. forget about Calderon as the other trade piece. Derozan for Gay. who would matter more for this team? Gay. easily.

he is an athletic guard that we all know by now, isn't going to be a superstar. If he isn't a superstar, he's replaceable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsumadchat View Post
    Irreplaceable? not even close imo. Everyone on this squad is replaceable. Someone like Kyrie Irving would be irreplaceable. Derozan's (inefficient scorers) are a dime a dozen in the NBA.

I'm not even a Derozan hater. I like him alot but just being realistic.

vCash
    DeRozan hasn't improved as an overall player. His FG% is still worse than his career numbers. His 3 point % is worse than last year but pretty much what it's been throughout his career. His FT% is the only thing he's really improved on.

Bottom line is he's still the same inefficient guy he's always been in his career (14.2 PER). He's a terrible signing and he's shown virtually no improvement.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    IMO, i think Derozan can be easily replaced.

weren't people saying (including me) that Derozan goes the other way for a trade for Gay? that's replaceable right there. forget about Calderon as the other trade piece. Derozan for Gay. who would matter more for this team? Gay. easily.

he is an athletic guard that we all know by now, isn't going to be a superstar. If he isn't a superstar, he's replaceable.
    you can tell the future? & WE? speaking for everybody now? yes i somewhat agree that he's replaceable for the right piece.. but i dont see any realistic scenario or replacement right now.. so I will just support him & hope for the best as long as he is wearing a raptors jersey.
    Gay? DD is cheaper & less injury prone & 3-4 yrs younger..so No

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    I hear ya, to me there's really nothing worse on these forums then the guys who just get obsessed with there hate for certain guys.
    It's unhealthy. First game-winner in like 8 years and people are hating on that particular success. I can't believe they call themselves fans when they have irrational hate for a player.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    DeRozan hasn't improved as an overall player. His FG% is still worse than his career numbers. His 3 point % is worse than last year but pretty much what it's been throughout his career. His FT% is the only thing he's really improved on.

Bottom line is he's still the same inefficient guy he's always been in his career (14.2 PER). He's a terrible signing and he's shown virtually no improvement.
    %s are worse because he's taking different shots. Although his shooting splits aren't exactly night and day when compared to his overall %s, his mid range has improved considering he's shooting at a higher % with a drastically lower AST%.

Text in bold is quite the hyperbole. If you still think he's the same player since he was on Day 1, then there isn't really much left to say. You obviously don't watch the Raptors very much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    %s are worse because he's taking different shots. Although his shooting splits aren't exactly night and day when compared to his overall %s, his mid range has improved considering he's shooting at a higher % with a drastically lower AST%.

Text in bold is quite the hyperbole. If you still think he's the same player since he was on Day 1, then there isn't really much left to say. You obviously don't watch the Raptors very much.
    That still doesn't address the fact that he's been pretty damn inefficient with his shots. I didn't say he wasn't better than day one. You pulled that one out of nowhere. What I said is he hasn't shown much improvement at least as far as this season is concerned. And all the numbers show that's exactly the case.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    That still doesn't address the fact that he's been pretty damn inefficient with his shots. I didn't say he wasn't better than day one. You pulled that one out of nowhere. What I said is he hasn't shown much improvement at least as far as this season is concerned. And all the numbers show that's exactly the case.
    he ha shown alot of improvements i think the eye test can easily tell that, teams are defending him differently and there is a scouting report on him now so he will need to get use to that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    he ha shown alot of improvements i think the eye test can easily tell that, teams are defending him differently and there is a scouting report on him now so he will need to get use to that.
    in what though? I watch the Raptors, and look at the stas...he's still the same player he's been his career, except his mid-range shot has improved...and shooting is something that almost everyone improves in their career. He also doesn't look as timid as he has in the past this year, but that's an intangible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    in what though? I watch the Raptors, and look at the stas...he's still the same player he's been his career, except his mid-range shot has improved...and shooting is something that almost everyone improves in their career. He also doesn't look as timid as he has in the past this year, but that's an intangible.
    compared to his rookie year the improvements are visible imo hes bigger,his handles are better, his shooting obviously,defense,passing,post game,attacking the basket. stats is something i don't put a great deal on because obviously teams are defending him differently,there isn't a guy like bosh demanding double teams for him and making the game easier.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    compared to his rookie year the improvements are visible imo hes bigger,his handles are better, his shooting obviously,defense,passing,post game,attacking the basket. stats is something i don't put a great deal on because obviously teams are defending him differently,there isn't a guy like bosh demanding double teams for him and making the game easier.
    his handles are still below average and he finds trouble getting off his own shot. his passing also below average. Doesn't rebound, doesn't really defend. His confidence has improved, but he hasn't improved his skills enough to be a big time impact player. He'll always be a mediocre scorer imo. Hard worker, but he just doesn't have the skills to be a great scorer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    his handles are still below average and he finds trouble getting off his own shot. his passing also below average. Doesn't rebound, doesn't really defend. His confidence has improved, but he hasn't improved his skills enough to be a big time impact player. He'll always be a mediocre scorer imo. Hard worker, but he just doesn't have the skills to be a great scorer.
    isn't he averaging nearly 5 rebounds a game?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast