Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Todd Helton to Retire after the year

http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci...s-final-season

I'm not surprised here. His production has dropped off every year. But a Colorado favorite. He believes its his last year.

I do think he gets traded to compete for a World Series if he is serviceable, unless Colorado somehow turns it around.

vCash
    Man he's been one of my favorites for a while now... Probably because he's been in rumors to come to the sox for the past 10 years

vCash
    He's had a great career. As a Giants fan, I'll be glad to see him hang 'em up...so he can't beat us anymore.

Playoff Bochy.

vCash
    Will he go to the HOF?

With the glut of HOF like 1B on the ballot already, and more to come he might get lost. Also there is his long decline and the Coors factor. If so, could be more then 15 years out.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    i doubt the rockies compete, so i hope he gets a trade to a contender at the deadline
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Well respected ballplayer. Wish him the best!

vCash
    chipper had the better overall career obviously, but will Helton get the same treatment ballpark to ballpark that Chip got?

vCash
    I think he gets into the HOF, but I don't really think he'd be close if he didn't play for Colorado his whole career. Personally I wouldn't vote him in, but I'm pretty sure the writers will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci...s-final-season

I'm not surprised here. His production has dropped off every year. But a Colorado favorite. He believes its his last year.

I do think he gets traded to compete for a World Series if he is serviceable, unless Colorado somehow turns it around.
    I doubt he gets traded.

vCash
    As for the hall of fame. He has the raw numbers, the OBP etc. And his offensive production was def good (135 OPS+)

But he is out for me. And I'm a large hall guy. And I don't think he will get in either. But he'll likely stick on the ballot for a long time.

vCash
    I hope he gets traded to a contender cause I don't see the Rockies doing well with the pitching staff. Im sure we will be in the top 5 in batting average and runs but last in pitching. I don't think he will get the recognition Chipper did because Atlanta is publicized more due to them being in a bigger market, having more success as a team and player. But I hope so. Todd Helton is a ton more reserved than Chipper too. A guy that leads by example, without showing much emotion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    chipper had the better overall career obviously, but will Helton get the same treatment ballpark to ballpark that Chip got?
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ect-as-Chipper

Dmac is offline Moderator Cullen Bohannon
    vCash
    He has had a nice career but I don't see him making the HOF. He will stay on the ballot for quite a few years though.

vCash
    Great player. Close to the hall, not quite good enough.

vCash
    During his prime he was such a great hitter. I can see the Rockies moving him at the deadline especially if they're out of contention.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast