Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Question Oakland Raiders GM Reggie M. "Manti Te'o is a first-round talent"

The story of Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o and the girlfriend hoax is only starting to unfold. NFL evaluators will be in a wait-and-see mode for a while when it comes to Te'o's draft stock.

Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie said Thursday, via the Oakland Tribune, that he considered Te'o a first-round talent, but he wants to see how the current story surrounding Te'o unfolds before making any judgment about how it will affect his draft stock. That goes along with what NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah wrote Thursday.

The story remains as wild and confusing as the minute Deadspin.com dropped it on the sports world. The more we learn, the less certain anything seems.

SI.com released a fascinating transcript of Te'o's September interview with writer Pete Thamel. We highly recommend checking out the entire transcript, which goes into great incredible detail about Te'o's relationship with Lennay Kekua, who we now know never existed. I couldn't agree more with NFL Network host Rich Eisen's takeaway on Twitter.

"Te'o is either the most off-his-rocker BS artist of all-time or the victim of the most elaborate, mean-spirited hoax of all time. For real."

-very intresting. All Manti rumors had gone away but let them begin again. Manti Possibly a Raider pick?

link:
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...stround-talent

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    If we trade all the way down to 15-25 Reggie may take him but this don't mean ****. No way at 3 and Reggie thinks there's at least 31 other players that our first round talents as well.

vCash
    Doubtful...

RM said he wants to see how the story unfolds.

No matter what happens, Te'o looks like a total ********. He said he met her after a game now says he met her on twitter. Said they vacationed in Hawaii together, now says he never met her in person.

It doesn't add up.

Whoever DOES end up getting this kid will be surrounded by a dark cloud of speculation and "why's". Yes he's a great football player but no one will forget this story. One of the most bizarre stories in sports I've ever heard.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    -very intresting. All Manti rumors had gone away but let them begin again. Manti Possibly a Raider pick?
    I don't think this means that Te'o will be a Raider necessarily. How I read it is that McKeanzie thinks he is currently a first round talent at the moment but will hold back judgement until the entire story is out before making his final decission as to where Te'o should be on the Raiders draft board.

To be honest I don't think Te'o will sniff any where near the Raiders top 3.
    Last edited by krsonekth; 01-18-2013 at 03:45 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    I don't think this means that Te'o will be a Raider necessarily. How I read it is that McKeanzie thinks he is currently a first round talent at the moment but will hold back judgement until the entire story is out before making his final decission as to where Te'o should be on the Raiders draft board.

To be honest I don't think Te'o will sniff any where near the Raiders top 3.
    Maybe not at 3 but I find it interesting that were looking at him and waiting to see how the story unfolds its shows there more than just intrest IMO. Reggie thinks of him as a first and he won't be taken 3rd overall but If we trade down I can see Reggie picking him up . Who else would play MLB? I think this will play out come FA. Whatever position is weakest after FA will get addressed in the draft in the first round. If MLB is the weakest come draft day I wouldn't be surprised if the raiders pick up Teo.
    Last edited by RaiderFanBL9; 01-18-2013 at 04:09 AM.

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    Maybe not at 3 but I find it interesting that were looking at him and waiting to see how the story unfolds its shows there more than just intrest IMO. Reggie thinks of him as a first and he won't be taken 3rd overall but If we trade down I can see Reggie picking him up . Who else would play MLB? I think this will play out come FA. Whatever position is weakest after FA will get addressed in the draft in the first round. If MLB is the weakest come draft day I wouldn't be surprised if the raiders pick up Teo.
    Not neccesarily, with what is happening with Te'o and after the combine and pro days someone like Minter or Ogletree could end up grading out higher than Te'o in the end.

Regardless it is a long way until the draft so only time will tell. Maybe by then Te'o will regain momentum back in the draft, but who knows at this time.

vCash
    You`re 1 person away from everything you want. Honor is access and when you surround yourself with good people, good things will happen. Hasn`t Oakland suffered enough with dishonor and failure? The people you follow has everything to do with being content, Te`o isn`t the one.

Let me introduce you to Ryan Nassib, an outstanding citizen & field general.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

vCash
    Don't see it happening
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In The Future"-Al Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    You`re 1 person away from everything you want. Honor is access and when you surround yourself with good people, good things will happen. Hasn`t Oakland suffered enough with dishonor and failure? The people you follow has everything to do with being content, Te`o isn`t the one.

Let me introduce you to Ryan Nassib, an outstanding citizen & field general.
    you notice reggie didnt say nassib was a first round talent, and if you think the raiders are going to pick another qb(in view of jamarcus russell) with a high first round pick, you may be more off your rocker than teo.

rd1 star
    rd3 kyle long or another rt
    rd4 good db
    rd 6 qb..maybe...nassib/scott....would prob rather draft lb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderdave View Post
    you notice reggie didnt say nassib was a first round talent, and if you think the raiders are going to pick another qb(in view of jamarcus russell) with a high first round pick, you may be more off your rocker than teo.

rd1 star
    rd3 kyle long or another rt
    rd4 good db
    rd 6 qb..maybe...nassib/scott....would prob rather draft lb
    Although i like your picks, I seriously doubt Nassib will still be available THAT late in the draft...just MO

vCash
    I saw him miss a bunch of tackles in the championship, even when he got a lot of penetration in the running game.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

vCash
    This is a great move by RM. IMO, I think that he is more interested in trading the #3 pick than drafting Te'o. He just wants to remind everyone that Te'o will fall to #3 and if you really want Te'o then you better trade up or the Raiders might take him.

I for one don't think RM will take Te'o, I think he will pick Star if no one trades for #3.

vCash
    We have more pressing needs than the MLB position. We're not drafting Te'o as our first pick.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    ^^Man I hope your right^^
    Last edited by bigjunior559; 01-18-2013 at 02:49 PM.

vCash
    The story of Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o and the girlfriend hoax is only starting to unfold. NFL evaluators will be in a wait-and-see mode for a while when it comes to Te'o's draft stock.

Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie said Thursday, via the Oakland Tribune, that he considered Te'o a first-round talent, but he wants to see how the current story surrounding Te'o unfolds before making any judgment about how it will affect his draft stock. That goes along with what NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah wrote Thursday.

The story remains as wild and confusing as the minute Deadspin.com dropped it on the sports world. The more we learn, the less certain anything seems.

SI.com released a fascinating transcript of Te'o's September interview with writer Pete Thamel. We highly recommend checking out the entire transcript, which goes into great incredible detail about Te'o's relationship with Lennay Kekua, who we now know never existed. I couldn't agree more with NFL Network host Rich Eisen's takeaway on Twitter.

"Te'o is either the most off-his-rocker BS artist of all-time or the victim of the most elaborate, mean-spirited hoax of all time. For real."

link:
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...stround-talent
    Reggie is not revealing his hand in the event someone wants to trade up to take a MLB. Good job.
    Last edited by TheMoneyTeam; 01-18-2013 at 03:49 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast