Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    But he didn't deny the spasms...interesting.

vCash
    McGrady at 20 was still a raptor not even on the magic. That other "shoe company" is obviously adidas. Mcgrady was not with adidas either at age 20.

I heard tmac and kobe played 1 on 1 in all-star weekend once and TMAC owned him.

Kobe is just full of ****.

So some guy on PSD says he saw them in Germany lol? It's probably a Kobe Rider making up nonsense.

I love Kobe but he is taking his mouth to another level only if he still had game.

He got owned by Wade and Bron last night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=mcgratr01

T-Mac shot under 40% career against Kobe.
    Kind of skewed because Tmac was never "that" efficient as a scorer, his all-around play was more impressive than his scoring tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    Except it wasn't even close to even. Kobe completely dominated.
    People are so naive and forgetfull. Tmac could have easily done more if he was paired up with SHAQ. Like it's not that hard to realize that. He had just as much going for him on the court as Kobe. Kobe, when faced with a supporting cast like Tmac was in Orlando put up good numbers but didn't get past the first round? the ****?

I know winning is the most important aspect with professional sports, but really they push it so much in the NBA when they know it's out of a player's reach most of the time. Really the GMs should get hyped on sportscenter when it comes to winning more...not ONE Superstar, who was given the gift of an extremely good cast..

same goes for Iverson, Carter. They wouldn't get any nonsense criticism about whatever. I hate being in the minority on this too. Iverson chucked a bad percentage BECAUSE HE HAD TO score a lot to win. Carter never won a ring BECAUSE you cant name his second best player on the Raptors, you cant name his bigmen on the Nets.

Seriously what have Kobe, even Jordan won, without a good enough supporting cast? Pippen was a superstar on any other team, Kobe always had a stacked cast when he won.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers+Giants View Post
    I can see them both lying. One exaggerating (kobe) and the other just pretending nothing ever happened (tmac).

Who cares tho really?

I'm not gonna think of kobe any differently if he's telling the truth or lying. I also won't take anything away from Prime tmac, dude was a flatout boss. Even if it was a relatively short prime, T-mac>Kobe in their prime for me.
    exactly how I feel.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saad View Post
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=mcgratr01

I dont think you rememeber correctly
    pull out the periods of time when McGrady was injured, and man, they were neck and neck individually.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromedome View Post
    If I remember correctly.....T-mac used to own Kobe (defense and offense) when their teams played against each other.
    No he definitely did not. Offensively maybe he went beast mode a few games but kobe got T-mac 80% of those games. I would know, I enjoyed every second of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    pull out the periods of time when McGrady was injured, and man, they were neck and neck individually.
    Tmac lost his balls vs Kobe around 06 or 07 IIRC. I dont just mean as a result of his decline either, I mean he appeared to succumb to whatever Kobe wanted (in terms of positioning) when before, regardless of his cast/injuries, he went at him, good or bad it was on his terms. Didn't want to admit it then but that should have been the sign that the fight in him to rise above the moment was over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Tmac lost his balls vs Kobe around 06 or 07 IIRC. I dont just mean as a result of his decline either, I mean he appeared to succumb to whatever Kobe wanted (in terms of positioning) when before, regardless of his cast/injuries, he went at him, good or bad it was on his terms. Didn't want to admit it then but that should have been the sign that the fight in him to rise above the moment was over.
    very true. It sucks, the Rox window was so short because of it I think. McGrady, even before the shoulder and back injuries, appeared to check out for periods of time.

Also, need to remove the Toronto days in that matchup comparison statistically.

I just find it unfortunate that the Orlando, even early Houston McGrady ended up like he did. He was so awesome for a handful of seasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPosey View Post
    Kobe wouldn't have much to gain by saying it, TMac would have more to stand denying being humiliated.
    Why? TMac is irrelevant while Kobe is still an all star. I feel like if anything this looks bad on Kobe, and really doesn't do anything to TMac's image.

I feel like since he said "I've never been to Germany with Kobe". That's pretty much all she wrote. I mean if until there's proof that Kobe, and TMac were in Germany together it's basically false **** by Kobe IMO.

vCash
    Tell them truth TMAC!
    LOL

[Packers/Lakers Lover]

"If Rodgers were even just simply as good as Brady or Manning in the playoffs, his team would almost never win. Instead, what we've seen is a super hero act."
    -Peter Bukowski

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by STA_PLAR View Post
    McGrady at 20 was still a raptor not even on the magic. That other "shoe company" is obviously adidas. Mcgrady was not with adidas either at age 20.

I heard tmac and kobe played 1 on 1 in all-star weekend once and TMAC owned him.

Kobe is just full of ****.

So some guy on PSD says he saw them in Germany lol? It's probably a Kobe Rider making up nonsense.

I love Kobe but he is taking his mouth to another level only if he still had game.

He got owned by Wade and Bron last night.
    Well obviously what you HEARD about AS weekend wasn't try true because tMac denies ever playing him. So go aHead and delete it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ztilzer31 View Post
    Why? TMac is irrelevant while Kobe is still an all star. I feel like if anything this looks bad on Kobe, and really doesn't do anything to TMac's image.

I feel like since he said "I've never been to Germany with Kobe". That's pretty much all she wrote. I mean if until there's proof that Kobe, and TMac were in Germany together it's basically false **** by Kobe IMO.
    No it's not basically false, that's a big jump from hearsay. It's scary slope when people jump like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsOfQueens View Post
    LOL you're a fool. Nike makes so much money off Kobe now. And Kobe's sneakers are so much better now than they were with Adidas.

And stop with the rape BS. I'm no Kobe fan but that was NOT RAPE. That bimbo was just an attention whore who got cut from American Idol looking for some quick fame and money. If you look at her, hear her speak, that type of girl is NOT denying sex from Kobe Bryant.

People love to sympathize for the "poor little white girl". Open your eyes people.

As for cheating on his wife, I don't condone it by any means...but I think it'd be safe to say over 50% of athletes cheat on their significant others. Not saying its right at all, but Kobe is FAR from the only one who has done it, so to use it against him on an issue like this is just stupid.

That all being said, I'm gonna believe T-Mac on this one.
    At least you are a reasonable person unlike most of the people in this thread. I believe Kobe just because he has nothing to gain by lying. It's not ego, his career crushes McGrady's so it's not like he has something to prove against him. McGrady probably has a pretty bruised or broken ego about now so I could see him denying it.

I will say prime McGrady was just as good as Kobe at that time. Their numbers were pretty similar from what I remember. My best friend in middle school was a McGrady fan and I was a Kobe fan and I remember for at least like 2 years were there wasn't a clear better player, unless you want to take winning into consideration.

"We the best in the league, Tony!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    People are so naive and forgetfull. Tmac could have easily done more if he was paired up with SHAQ. Like it's not that hard to realize that. He had just as much going for him on the court as Kobe. Kobe, when faced with a supporting cast like Tmac was in Orlando put up good numbers but didn't get past the first round? the ****?

I know winning is the most important aspect with professional sports, but really they push it so much in the NBA when they know it's out of a player's reach most of the time. Really the GMs should get hyped on sportscenter when it comes to winning more...not ONE Superstar, who was given the gift of an extremely good cast..

same goes for Iverson, Carter. They wouldn't get any nonsense criticism about whatever. I hate being in the minority on this too. Iverson chucked a bad percentage BECAUSE HE HAD TO score a lot to win. Carter never won a ring BECAUSE you cant name his second best player on the Raptors, you cant name his bigmen on the Nets.

Seriously what have Kobe, even Jordan won, without a good enough supporting cast? Pippen was a superstar on any other team, Kobe always had a stacked cast when he won.
    I agree that McGrady probably could have won in Kobe's place, but that's not a guarantee. Also Iverson dominated the ball way too much to play with Shaq, I really don't think that would have worked. Carter again is possible, but KObe and T-mac were better

"We the best in the league, Tony!"

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast