Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What position should the Giants focus on the most in free agency?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Offensive Line

4 36.36%
  • Cornerbacks

5 45.45%
  • Defensive Line

1 9.09%
  • Linebacker

1 9.09%
  • Other (please state)

0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Could be correct. I just think a CB or S might be the choice if Reese & Company rank the other players higher. Nobody would cry foul if they went OL or DL (lol, well, one kid might). I just think a DL won't see the field at all with the depth (good or bad)
    I can see the justification for CB but you're stuck with Webster one way or another. Groom for next year as the third? Then Hosley sees less snaps. Safety I don't see at all. We will have Rolle, Stevie brown cheap worst case and then Will Hill and Sash who are more than capable backups.

vCash
    Could be correct. I just think a CB or S might be the choice if Reese & Company rank the other players higher. Nobody would cry foul if they went OL or DL (lol, well, one kid might). I just think a DL won't see the field at all with the depth (good or bad)
    He has you blocked, yet you keep trying too bait him.

One might say, your baiting is quite childish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    I can see the justification for CB but you're stuck with Webster one way or another. Groom for next year as the third? Then Hosley sees less snaps. Safety I don't see at all. We will have Rolle, Stevie brown cheap worst case and then Will Hill and Sash who are more than capable backups.
    Not so sure about being "stuck with Webster one way or another". Restructuring some other players could free up enough cash to take the Webster hit. It's not the worst scenerio with JPP and Nicks on the horizon. Taking the hit this year could free up a lot needed for next offseason.

You could be right about safety

vCash
    Not so sure about being "stuck with Webster one way or another". Restructuring some other players could free up enough cash to take the Webster hit. It's not the worst scenerio with JPP and Nicks on the horizon. Taking the hit this year could free up a lot needed for next offseason.

I guess you don't understand contracts, Webster's contract is GUARANTEED. His contract has already been re-structured. Even if he's cut, The giants still take the full CAP HIT of his contract, so releasing him would not help this team any way financially. He probably has hit his wall and regressing. But to cut him, is pointless and it is NOT going to help the team.
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 01-22-2013 at 08:34 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I guess you don't understand contracts, Webster's contract is GUARANTEED. His contract has already been re-structured. Even if he's cut, The giants still take the full CAP HIT of his contract, so releasing him would not help this team any way financially. He probably has hit his wall and regressing. But to cut him, is pointless and it is going to help the team.

Guess you didn't read my post.

vCash

Guess you didn't read my post.
    He has one year left, on his contract, guaranteed. So how is taking the hit on him going to help the team "next off-season"? So yeah..I did read your post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    He has one year left, on his contract, guaranteed. So how is taking the hit on him going to help the team "next off-season"? So yeah..I did read your post.
    Was reading the salary wrong thinking it went through 2014. Read two years and was willing to take the hit this year to free up the following.

http://www.altiusdirectory.com/Sport...-salaries.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    yeah and I'm even wondering how many of our own players will get to stay since we're projected over the cap. No matter what they gotta sign Beatty. Can't be searching for a LT this offseason.

Beyond him, I don't see big money paid on re-signings. Osi is gone, think KP is gone and maybe even Bennett, Hixon.......Hixon may not be a #1, but why stay here for no money and a role as a #4 when you can go to a team like the Browns or Phins, flash your 2 SB rings and be a leader and solid #2?
    we might get lucky with Bennett...I'm hearing that he wants to play for the Giants so bad that he's willing to play for less money
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

"How come Eli don't feed me the ball no more?"
    Don't know Larry. Don't know.

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    ok you've been saying this for a little too long...Stevie Brown isn't going to be cheap enough for a 2nd round tender, you don't realize how many teams will be willing to give up a 2nd rounder for him....knowing the Ravens would be one team that would target him...the only reason I say that besides of his pro-bowl play this year it that he's young....the 2012 season with the Giants was his 3rd season in the NFL, so his tank won't run out anytime soon unlike Ed Reed
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Didn't we get 16 games out of him this year? Did he miss one?.....can't remember
    nope, played all 16 games: http://www.nfl.com/player/willbeatty/2507782/profile ---but only started 15 of them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    we might get lucky with Bennett...I'm hearing that he wants to play for the Giants so bad that he's willing to play for less money
    What HE says and what his agent says can be 2 very different things....

vCash
    lol then tender him with a first. Everyone is really overhyping Stevie brown imo. I like him but he's not a top tier safety at this point at all, I'd take a first for him anytime.

vCash
    If we gave Stevie brown anymore than 3.5 per year over a decent length contract I'd be pissed.

vCash
    Not sure what to make of Stevie Brown. Feel like most of his big plays were right place at the right time kinda things. But whatever it is, he's reliable and KP isn't and likely leaving. Think we can keep him cheaply.

vCash
    lol then tender him with a first. Everyone is really overhyping Stevie brown imo. I like him but he's not a top tier safety at this point at all, I'd take a first for him anytime.
    don't get me wrong, I did say he made some pro bowl plays this year, and let's be honest, the kid has came out of nowhere to play amazing for one season after not having that hype with the Raiders for his 1st 2 years and with the colts the next one....the one year wonder theory will be circling around this kid, and I don't know if he's going to have a better season than that, but just based on his performance in 2012, the kid has some flashy interest, and he's young too, so it will attract a few veteran teams like the Ravens that I'm sure would take him for a 2nd round...I understand you'd be mad with Stevie Brown getting overpaid, but I think if he can improve from his 2012 performance, than he would get a great contract, but he's gotta earn it....alll I want to state is that this kid might be swayed away from us for a 2nd round pick or lower, and besides, I'd rather roll the dice with Stevie playing well again than take a risk with injury-prone KP, IMHO

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast