Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What position should the Giants focus on the most in free agency?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Offensive Line

4 36.36%
  • Cornerbacks

5 45.45%
  • Defensive Line

1 9.09%
  • Linebacker

1 9.09%
  • Other (please state)

0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pelfry34 View Post
    Outside of resigning some of our own players, I expect no major moves. We have SERIOUS cap issues that need to be cleared. I know most won't like to hear it, but the window on this Giants team is quickly closing. JR needs to retool in several areas. The Oline is a glaring hole, but our defense is what is clearly lacking (where we need help at all levels).
    yeah and I'm even wondering how many of our own players will get to stay since we're projected over the cap. No matter what they gotta sign Beatty. Can't be searching for a LT this offseason.

Beyond him, I don't see big money paid on re-signings. Osi is gone, think KP is gone and maybe even Bennett, Hixon.......Hixon may not be a #1, but why stay here for no money and a role as a #4 when you can go to a team like the Browns or Phins, flash your 2 SB rings and be a leader and solid #2?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    yeah and I'm even wondering how many of our own players will get to stay since we're projected over the cap. No matter what they gotta sign Beatty. Can't be searching for a LT this offseason.

Beyond him, I don't see big money paid on re-signings. Osi is gone, think KP is gone and maybe even Bennett, Hixon.......Hixon may not be a #1, but why stay here for no money and a role as a #4 when you can go to a team like the Browns or Phins, flash your 2 SB rings and be a leader and solid #2?
    Hixon leaving would be a huge mistake for him.. He's a product of our system..

But your right, Beatty has to be our top priority..

vCash
    Something tells me Beatty is gone and we end up drafting a LT in the first round. It would be a big loss but I wouldn't mind. I don't trust Beatty's back and giving him a big contract is something u gotta think long and hard about.

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Bennett will be back, especially since he would be willing to take a discount. Beatty needs to be resigned. Beatty would be better suited at RT (not saying he didn't do a good job at LT), but unfortunately we have no other viable options at LT.

Goodbye old friend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    Something tells me Beatty is gone and we end up drafting a LT in the first round. It would be a big loss but I wouldn't mind. I don't trust Beatty's back and giving him a big contract is something u gotta think long and hard about.
    Beatty has to be back. If he's not that means Diehl, Brewer or Locklear (or whatever vet tackle they sign) will start at LT and I don't think thats a gamble they want to make.

Beatty is good....not great and understated, so I don't think he can swing for the fences on this contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    Draft a LT to replace Beatty so Coughlin can sit him? No thanks.. Beatty was solid and the last thing we need is to go out looking for is another LT.. We have more then enough holes to fill..

vCash
    Guys it depends on the market whose available at the positions we need to fill vs resigning who we may lose there ..how much of an upgrade can we get vs price =who well sign .

Is Delma's at safety seems to play how we want at safety and will come cheaper than Phillps coming back plus his lack of injury history vs kps history we'd get Delma's..

This season we will rely on the draft and small fas to build our depth and who we drafted last year to start..like RR at WR with nicks and maybe cruz(can't see us letting him go) .. I know this sounds like every year ..bc it has been

Every year our team drafts a few rookies who should play but we wait and see .. Even if they're projects like Barden .

They take up a roster spot come cheap but bc we have them we consider that position to not be a need (beckum TE , jj and Barden WR , sintim olb , TT/Ross/Hosley/KP/sash/chad jones/some others for secondary most don't start right away) ..

Bc of this we don't fill wholes as fast ..look at Dw he played great if he was our HB all year maybe he hits a few more hrs for us..but we waited same with RR ..even though nicks was hurt.

If it wasn't for the last few weeks them showing off how good they were we'd all be worried about RB and WR as well as CB and oline depth .

Fact is. I'm sick of drafting talent for next season if they're meant to start mid season show us why they will or won't ASAP ..either have a stud prevent them or let them play so we know what we have ..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Draft a LT to replace Beatty so Coughlin can sit him? No thanks.. Beatty was solid and the last thing we need is to go out looking for is another LT.. We have more then enough holes to fill..
    That's one thing bugging me , our rookies need to get more play time so that we know for sure by the end of the season if they have any chance to ever be a starter for us so we can go draft someone else..

How many projects did we draft that maybe prevented us for. Grabbing other stars pin the top2 rounds the following draft or FA ? Between lbs , Olinemen , some wrs like Barden .. All have been wastes but we kept them for 3 or so years but kept saying this will be there year without any reason to believe it..

And then if they're busts like sintim Were left with a hole ..

We need our youth this year and depth more than ever .. But there's some decent DES who can replace kiwi or osi (yes kiwi as a de/olb stlyle player) even in the first round maybe early second..does jr go for that or need?

vCash
    Beatty has to be back. If he's not that means Diehl, Brewer or Locklear (or whatever vet tackle they sign) will start at LT and I don't think thats a gamble they want to make.

Beatty is good....not great and understated, so I don't think he can swing for the fences on this contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    I want him back as well, I just don't want to overpay him. The guy has never stayed healthy for a full season and he had back issue which can be a problem in a few years. Plus we're over the cap. Beatty might want to pay like a top LT which will limit our spending.

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

vCash
    Didn't we get 16 games out of him this year? Did he miss one?.....can't remember

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker117 View Post
    That's one thing bugging me , our rookies need to get more play time
    Which is exactly why I'm so/so about going DT even though it was a weakness last season. So long as Canty is on this team, a rookie isn't going to get the snaps. Austin should have been IR'ed and will be back along with Kuhn. Add another vet DT and a first round pick won't see any snaps.

IMO, if a solid CB or S slips, that might be the pick. Then again, in 2008, it was the incredible running game which controled the game and allowed a defense, without Strahan or Osi, to cause havoc for opposing offenses. Until that idiot shot himself in the leg, that might have been the best Giants team. OL in the first, especially RT, could go a long way in solidifying this bunch who have enough vets and projects between the tackles.

vCash
    I can;t see it being anything other than Oline or Dline

vCash
    Didn't we get 16 games out of him this year? Did he miss one?.....can't remember
    He missed one game, last season missed half of that season and same with the season before that. This season he played in all but one still doesn't change the fact he's an injury risk.

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

vCash
    ..Deleting..

..Not Worth it..
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 01-22-2013 at 06:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    I can;t see it being anything other than Oline or Dline
    Could be correct. I just think a CB or S might be the choice if Reese & Company rank the other players higher. Nobody would cry foul if they went OL or DL (lol, well, one kid might). I just think a DL won't see the field at all with the depth (good or bad)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast