Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: What position should the Giants focus on the most in free agency?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Offensive Line

    4 36.36%
  • Cornerbacks

    5 45.45%
  • Defensive Line

    1 9.09%
  • Linebacker

    1 9.09%
  • Other (please state)

    0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 65
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,466
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGTom View Post
    Our LBs are a lot better than people make them out to be
    +1

    The LB's are the scapegoat for everything. The DL stunk and, IMO, the scheme was just as bad.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    9,304
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    And that's a problem particularly when it comes to this team and Coughlin, he really doesn't like to play rooks.. So how are we gonna fill these holes? If we can't do it through FA then obviously first instinct is to look at the draft but like I said what good is that when Coughlin is so hesitant to play the rooks?

    Another problem is Snee dropped a big hint that next season might be his last.. If so those are some big shoes that need to be filled..
    Oh boy... I didn't see that article about Snee. Was he being serious or did he give a reason as to why he might hang them up? If it's serious, and Coughlin/Reese would know. Look for us to address the two lines with pretty much the top 3 picks. I would love us this year to get some more picks. I'd rather sign Nicks this year after a down year and trade Cruz to get some pieces.

    You build on the lines and let Eli do what he does best with his receives. He's made Hixon, Barden, Randle all look good. He can do it again.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newark
    Posts
    4,684
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    Oh boy... I didn't see that article about Snee. Was he being serious or did he give a reason as to why he might hang them up? If it's serious, and Coughlin/Reese would know. Look for us to address the two lines with pretty much the top 3 picks. I would love us this year to get some more picks. I'd rather sign Nicks this year after a down year and trade Cruz to get some pieces.

    You build on the lines and let Eli do what he does best with his receives. He's made Hixon, Barden, Randle all look good. He can do it again.
    http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...bowl-1.4467804

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    33,079
    vCash
    1000
    Oh man. Well, I think its time Reese clears out some big contracts and spend a little on the oline. And not a high priced gamble like Baas.

    Damn and Booth and Beatty both need new deals.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    921
    vCash
    700
    Lets be honest we arent signing anyone.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    15,876
    vCash
    1500
    The Baas signing is coming back to bite Reese. He not worth nowhere near that contract




    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

    JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

    I'M NEVER WRONG



    FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newark
    Posts
    4,684
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    The Baas signing is coming back to bite Reese. He not worth nowhere near that contract
    Baas is average, not good or bad but makes a bit too much. If JR has a particular weakness he tends to overpay fa's and we lose other guys as a result hence Canty and Coefield.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Binghamton, NY
    Posts
    6,368
    vCash
    1500
    We really need to find a solid CB in FA. That's probably one of the toughest positions to come into the NFL and be great at because you're going against top flight WR's every week unlike college where you get to cover quite a few guys who will never make it to the pros.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    The only way I will be proven wrong is if the giants win in SF and that isn't going to happen. You can keep saying they beat the Packers on the road and all that, but they are not playing the Packers this Sunday. The Niners will win by 10 plus points..... Numbers don't lie only you and some giants fan do to make yourself feel better about the loss your team has coming up.
    gooood caaaall

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    2,095
    vCash
    1500
    Reese's only flaw is overpaying FA players who don't have the talents to match it
    (with the exception of Rolle) no one else has earned the cap space they take....was hoping to get a vet corner like Jenkins from Dallas or Hayden from Baltimore but that's not happening with this cap space problem that we always seem to have every year!
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

    "How come Eli don't feed me the ball no more?"
    Don't know Larry. Don't know.

    NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    201
    Posts
    3,152
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Baas is average, not good or bad but makes a bit too much. If JR has a particular weakness he tends to overpay fa's and we lose other guys as a result hence Canty and Coefield.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newark
    Posts
    4,684
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGTom View Post
    Signed Canty to a big contract and weren't able to resign Coefield because so.. Coefield was a much better fit for this D..

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    201
    Posts
    3,152
    vCash
    1500
    Oh I thought you meant we lost Canty in the process lol. But IDK I think Joseph was a great, cheap replacement for Cofield but I guess it would be better to have all three of them lol

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newark
    Posts
    4,684
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGTom View Post
    Oh I thought you meant we lost Canty in the process lol. But IDK I think Joseph was a great, cheap replacement for Cofield but I guess it would be better to have all three of them lol
    Well yea of course lol but I'd rather have Coefield/Joseph rather then Canty/Joseph. Anyway my point is because the big contract they gave him we had no chance of resigning Coefield after that.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Raleigh
    Posts
    718
    vCash
    1500
    Outside of resigning some of our own players, I expect no major moves. We have SERIOUS cap issues that need to be cleared. I know most won't like to hear it, but the window on this Giants team is quickly closing. JR needs to retool in several areas. The Oline is a glaring hole, but our defense is what is clearly lacking (where we need help at all levels).

    Goodbye old friend.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Binghamton, NY
    Posts
    6,368
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Well yea of course lol but I'd rather have Coefield/Joseph rather then Canty/Joseph. Anyway my point is because the big contract they gave him we had no chance of resigning Coefield after that.
    Exactly. And Cofield signed with the Redskins cheaper than we signed Canty. We should have just kept Cofield honestly. But we won another Superbowl with Canty and maybe things would have been different with Cofield. So I guess I'll take it the way things happened.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    The only way I will be proven wrong is if the giants win in SF and that isn't going to happen. You can keep saying they beat the Packers on the road and all that, but they are not playing the Packers this Sunday. The Niners will win by 10 plus points..... Numbers don't lie only you and some giants fan do to make yourself feel better about the loss your team has coming up.
    gooood caaaall

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •